Sabena Catering becomes Finflux Management

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LX-LGX

Sabena Catering becomes Finflux Management

Post by LX-LGX »

Belgian's State Gazette today publishes a name change and a change in business strategy (into a holding company) for Sabena Catering:

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 121972.pdf
(text is only avaliable in French)

There are two names mentionned as administrators: mrs Janique Van Innis and mr Badouin de Vaucleroy. The surname Van Innis appears quite often at google: together with top management positions at Fluxys, Distrigaz, Suez, Electrabel, ...) (Fluxys is Belgian's gas transporter). Baudouin de Vaucleroy was Vice-President SIC (Sabena Information Centre) -think he was in charge for the lease contracts (for the planes). Mr de Vaucleroy is the new President of the Board from this new Finflux Management.

Airbus330lover

Re: Sabena Catering becomes Finflux Management

Post by Airbus330lover »

LX-LGX wrote:Belgian's State Gazette today publishes a name change and a change in business strategy (into a holding company) for Sabena Catering:

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 121972.pdf
(text is only avaliable in French)

There are two names mentionned as administrators: mrs Janique Van Innis and mr Badouin de Vaucleroy. The surname Van Innis appears quite often at google: together with top management positions at Fluxys, Distrigaz, Suez, Electrabel, ...) (Fluxys is Belgian's gas transporter). Baudouin de Vaucleroy was Vice-President SIC (Sabena Information Centre) -think he was in charge for the lease contracts (for the planes). Mr de Vaucleroy is the new President of the Board from this new Finflux Management.
Wat is the interest in this name change?.
Look at TAT industries... they own the name SABENA Technice and they use it to gain new markets due to the name of SABENA !

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Maybe we will get more than 15gr of chicken and 1.5 croissant in R Class !

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Ducatibiker wrote:Maybe we will get more than 15gr of chicken and 1.5 croissant in R Class !
LSG Sky Chefs (Lufthansa) took over assets from Sabena Catering in 2002. Press release LSG Sky Chefs (July 2002): http://tinyurl.com/36o4a7

German chicken are worldwide known as being the best in the world -but therefore very very expensive indeed. The croissants are flown in twice daily from Paris - that's why they're also that expensive.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I don't understand : are you telling us that LSG Sky Chefs who do the catering for b.air (correct me if I'm wrong) "impose" (?) the most expensive (German) chicken to their clients, and fly in croissants from Paris ? If it's true, it's the moste ridiculous thing I've heard. Maybe time for b.air to switch to Aviapartner. Belgian chicken is OK with me and Belgian "koeken" or "couques" are fine with me, too. At a time when airlines are trying to save on practically everything, starting with catering, LSG Sky Chefs would be doing that.......for b.flex ? Maybe if we got some good quality local food, they could offer it in more abundant quantity so we're not starved one hour after leaving the plane.
In favor of quality air travel.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

I thought he was joking about the 'German' chicken...but I am not joking, I took the chicken piece to have its exact weight: one piece was 26 gr and on another flight, it was only 15 gr. Chicken breast is sold at Delhaize of 10,15 € a kilo or 1 cent/gr. Yes, the meal is not worth more than....1 €. As for the wine....the bottle of cheap French wine from the year before was also below 1 €. I wonder how much the catering company charges Brussels Airlines and who has accepted that deal !

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

In calculating the cost of inflight catering, you, of course, need to take into account the labour costs involved in preparing the meals (?) and the meal boxes (or trays if you fly a more upmarket airline). My guess (but it is only a guess) is that the meal boxes b.air is giving in b.flex will probably cost around five euros (not even worth them). How much the catering company sells them to the airline is another question. Even if it were 20 euros, catering would represent on average only 10 % of your ticket price.
Ducatibiker, you are upset with the R far code b.air uses for b.flex. I don't know who came up with these new fare codes (another incompetent manager ?). When I have flown in b.flex so far, the fare code was the letter O, which made me think of zero (0/10 at least in the plane). And your R makes me think of "ridiculous". The choice of fare codes is another sign of poor marketing and communication at b.air. Why did they not go for one single fare code for b.flex : E (as in Economy) if they did not people to get confused ?

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Ducatibiker wrote:I thought he was joking about the 'German' chicken...but I am not joking, I took the chicken piece to have its exact weight: one piece was 26 gr and on another flight, it was only 15 gr. Chicken breast is sold at Delhaize of 10,15 € a kilo or 1 cent/gr. Yes, the meal is not worth more than....1 €. As for the wine....the bottle of cheap French wine from the year before was also below 1 €. I wonder how much the catering company charges Brussels Airlines and who has accepted that deal !
Ryanair and Easyjet make profit on their meals and drinks, so why is Brussels Airlines not allowed to do so (in b.light)?

Ducatibiker, if you can offer a ready-to-eat chicken meal to airlines for less then 1 euro, the market is yours! I hope you won't forget to add some other costs then the chicken meat (like salaries, packing, storage, transport, and every now and then losses when everything hasn't been sold on time).

carlcat

Post by carlcat »

THE CATERING :

LSG is the caterer for SNBA : they propose and SNBA has to choose in the range , same for TUI . ( the airline has to accept the price to pay)

SNBA as for TUI they have to accept the proposal from LSG otherwise they can go to Avia Partner . Avia Partner does have a same policy as LSG . The two cater have the monopoly on the airport and the customer (airlines ) have to accept . Otherwise empty cups empty plates . Its so easy . Pls dont blame the airlines , they have to accept the rules at the airport like everywere on the world .

I'm an old manufacterer of food for airlines and I have got a customer in BRU who has been blackmailed by a caterer in the way : You kick him out or we will not do an investment for you . This are the words used by a caterer to my last customer . Of course I took a part of the benefit of the caterer .

Am I clear ?

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Do you know how much is R ticket to Madrid ? As a consumer, I also go to Delhaize (Belgian supermarket) and therefore see retail prices. I bet wholesale price of chicken is even lower than 1 cent per gr. ! And sorry to talk about gr, but what we receive is only measurable in gr and cl of about to be fermented wine ! I am also starving after a flight on Brussels Airlines.

If you have other costs, such as bringing chicken from Germany and flying croissants from Paris twice a day, the solution is not to reduce the quality and the size of what we get to eat. We passengers judge what we are getting for our money and every detail count ! Today's catering is just...very cheap and unacceptable.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I agree : very cheap and unacceptable. How could shuch mistakes be made ? Do they really think passengers at the front of the cabin are prepared to accept anything ? And THEY think it's GREAT ! Shows they don't know their high yield passengers.