Brussels Airlines fleet renewal: announcement next summer.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Post by Avro »

Air Key West wrote:Some pax may think the aircraft are old, because in some of them, the seats are completely worn out. But wasn't I on an Avrojet recently where the worn out leather seats had been replaced by synthetic (plastic) covered (cheap) seats ?
Dear Air Key West,

I've flown the Avro's of SNBA, brussels airlines several times and yes the seats seem to be a little bit worn out these days. However I'd rather fly in slightly worn out seats which give me a comfortable ride and a nice pitch rather than in seats where you are squeezed together in order to sit down. My choice is quickly made !!!
And from the outside, the Avrojets don't look very sexy. That does not help. You're right Fokker_f27, the sexiest girl in the sky is still the Caravelle (only, we don't see her anymore Crying or Very sad )
That's all very subjective I'm afraid!! I myself find the Avrojet to be a nice little plane with lots of qualities. It's not the perfect plane but from the looks it's at least different than the usual 2 engined aircraft. But as I said it's all very subjective and I don't think that the normal passenger will be influenced by this matter. As long as the company brings you from A to B in a decent manner they'll be satisfied.

Chris