Easyjet to open Brussel-Berlin

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

dre

Easyjet to open Brussel-Berlin

Post by dre »

EZY is opening a line from Brussel to Berlin end of october. Good luck !

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

From 29 October by Airbus A319-100

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Sorry I forgot to say that will be a daily flight !

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Good to see easyJet expanding at BRU.

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

BRU-SXF will be the second Easyjet route from Bruxelles after GVA.
What will be the next?

kleineboy

Post by kleineboy »

London Luton? Milan Malpensa?

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I wish Easyjet would give Swiss some competition on the ZRH-BRU route.
Fares remain to high because of the monopoly.
In favor of quality air travel.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Air Key West wrote:I wish Easyjet would give Swiss some competition on the ZRH-BRU route.
Fares remain to high because of the monopoly.
I wish EasyJet would compete on ALL flights to and from Brussels. And then I wish another low cost airline would come in to compete with EasyJet...

A390

Post by A390 »

I wish EasyJet would compete on ALL flights to and from Brussels. And then I wish another low cost airline would come in to compete with EasyJet...
Well, BruAir B-Light is that 2nd low cost operator you would like to see at BRU

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Great news!

Especially after they suspended MST-SXF earlier this year.

Kind regards,
GR.

dre

Post by dre »

BRU -BSL would do. Prices are just crazy on that route.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Cesare wrote:BRU-SXF will be the second Easyjet route from Bruxelles after GVA.
What will be the next?
I think a safe bet is to say Easyjet will first test the water at BRU with its twice daily GVA and its (initially just) once daily SXF flight.

It really is no surprise they have picked these 2 destinations:
both are large Easyjet bases (so no plane needs to be based in BRU) and the routes see multiple daily frequencies by SN, meaning Easyjet will have no problem filling its one or even 2 flight(s) a day...

I expect Easyjet to announce linking more of their bases with BRU over the coming seasons, notably MAD, MXP, NCE and possibly BRS: the latter would give a big blow to SN as it would most likely force them off the route competely.

If and when they feel ready, I can see Easyjet base a few A319s in BRU to serve destinations which see multime daily SN frequencies like CPH, ATH, AGP, PRG...

If SN wants to prepare itself for the outright attack on about 15 or so of their most profitable European routes which is obviously coming, they better decide quickly on their much overdue fleet renewal: NOT by ordering 70 or 100 seaters, but by getting their hands on a fleet which has an equally low operating cost as that of Easyjet: only then do they stand a chance to fight them off and even then it will not be easy (pun intended).

fcw

Post by fcw »

tolipanebas wrote:
Cesare wrote:BRU-SXF will be the second Easyjet route from Bruxelles after GVA.
What will be the next?
I think a safe bet is to say Easyjet will first test the water at BRU with its twice daily GVA and its (initially just) once daily SXF flight.

It really is no surprise they have picked these 2 destinations:
both are large Easyjet bases (so no plane needs to be based in BRU) and the routes see multiple daily frequencies by SN, meaning Easyjet will have no problem filling its one or even 2 flight(s) a day...

I expect Easyjet to announce linking more of their bases with BRU over the coming seasons, notably MAD, MXP, NCE and possibly BRS: the latter would give a big blow to SN as it would most likely force them off the route competely.

If and when they feel ready, I can see Easyjet base a few A319s in BRU to serve destinations which see multime daily SN frequencies like CPH, ATH, AGP, PRG...

If SN wants to prepare itself for the outright attack on about 15 or so of their most profitable European routes which is obviously coming, they better decide quickly on their much overdue fleet renewal: NOT by ordering 70 or 100 seaters, but by getting their hands on a fleet which has an equally low operating cost as that of Easyjet: only then do they stand a chance to fight them off and even then it will not be easy (pun intended).
Starting SXF proves that the temperature of the GVA water is ok.
Easy bought its 300+ A319's at half price, BruAir will never be able to buy planes that cheap and will never be able to compete against Easy.
I don't think BruAir has 15 profitable european routes,if they had, Easy would open a base in Bru today rather than tomorrow and fly those 15 routes.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote:possibly BRS: the latter would give a big blow to SN as it would most likely force them off the route competely.
Even though SN has a business-suited schedule? I have colleagues flying regularly from Bristol and enjoying the timetable. easyJet would at best have an inconvenient mid-day flight acceptable only for tourists...
André
ex Sabena #26567

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

sn26567 wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:possibly BRS: the latter would give a big blow to SN as it would most likely force them off the route competely.
Even though SN has a business-suited schedule? I have colleagues flying regularly from Bristol and enjoying the timetable. easyJet would at best have an inconvenient mid-day flight acceptable only for tourists...
I fully agree !! BruAir has 4 to 5 daily flights to Berlin THF plus 1 to SXF (ex Virgin), one or two flights a day by Easy will not harm BruAir much. Some of the people paying the lowest b.light fares might stay away (might, because Easy wil not be that much cheaper than b.light), but 80% on this route is Business people and most of them need a timetable with 4 or 5 flights a day (at least).
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

stevie

Post by stevie »

I fully agree !! BruAir has 4 to 5 daily flights to Berlin THF plus 1 to SXF (ex Virgin), one or two flights a day by Easy will not harm BruAir much. Some of the people paying the lowest b.light fares might stay away (might, because Easy wil not be that much cheaper than b.light), but 80% on this route is Business people and most of them need a timetable with 4 or 5 flights a day (at least).
I agree, but if easyjet will have an overcapacity (when sn travelers go to ezy because the lower prises) will ezy upgrade on that route than is it over and out with sn on that route

fcw

Post by fcw »

euroflyer wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
This is exactly what BA said about easy ten years ago: One or two flights a day from Luton to GLA or EDI won't hurt us... Ten years later BA is lost almost all of its domnestic routes to Easy and Ryan...