Brussels Airport: Welcome to Europe

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

In addition to my previous mail:

By mentioning Washington and Montreal I meant to complete the list of 9 airports already connected with Brussels.

What with Mumbai, Delhi, Shangai, Johannesburg, Sydney ... Are they a potential candidate? Where are they exactly on the list of airports?

Regards,
Danny

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Next year there will be a connection with Mumbai, Jet Airways remember :wink:

And also for flights to South Africa and Thailand they are in talk with airlines.

TWA

Post by TWA »

When will the new website of Brussels Airport be online?

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

TWA wrote:When will the new website of Brussels Airport be online?
:arrow: :arrow:Image

b-west

Post by b-west »

ElcoB wrote:
That's the old site, just with a new logo... too bad they didn't take advantage of the new logo to freshen up their site a bit. That aside, I like the logo. It's a good idea to finally have one corporate image for the airport.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

In the brochure some people got, there is a photo of the new site. I'm not sure if it will be that one or it was just an example, but it looked quite nice :!:
Tot hier en verder

TWA

Post by TWA »

exactly, the brochure shows a very smart website...

funki

Post by funki »

airDD wrote:Hum, will they also update the road signs to the airport?
(...)
airDD
Indeed...and if you're comming from Holland or Antwerp via road E19 at morning or night the light behind the road signs directing to the airport at the 2 main junctions is turned off...and hardly visible, because these signs are also non-reflective...while the one aside it is sometimes lit :roll: unbelievable for an International airport trying to attract people from over the borders...who could easily mistake
And there are more of these unlit road signs to the airport around Brussels...
Last edited by funki on 24 Oct 2006, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

funki wrote:
airDD wrote:Hum, will they also update the road signs to the airport?
(...)
airDD
Indeed...and if you're comming from Holland or Antwerp via road E19 at morning or night the light behind the road signs directing to airport at the 2 main junctions is turned off...and hardly visible, because these signs are non-reflective...while the one aside it is sometimes lit :roll: unbelievable for an International airport trying to attract people from over the borders...who could easily mistake
And there are more of these unlit road signs to the airport around Brussels...
Same with Brussels-South CRL
Had to be cautious the other day as well for arriving as for quitting the airport and finding the proper highway...

Established02

Post by Established02 »

I may have missed the proper interpretation of this new logo.

My first impression was "hey, this looks a bit like the logo of Continental Airlines".

Are we indeed looking at a globe, showing meridiens that join and intersect at the north pole?

Or does the intersection point represent Brussels being the hub of a network with +6 spokes?

You could also see it as a light blue sky on a sunny day, with the white contrails of 3 aircraft intesecting each other.

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

Established02 wrote:You could also see it as a light blue sky on a sunny day, with the white contrails of 3 aircraft intesecting each other.
I can't remember where I read it, but it is indeed the white contrails of aircraft crossing eachother. The intersection of the contrails would be Brussels.

8)
Greets,
Alexander

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Established02 wrote:I may have missed the proper interpretation of this new logo.
The official explanation of the new Brussels Airport logo:

1) The new logo depicts meridians or airplane trails intersecting at a central point: Brussels Airport, gateway to the capital and centre of Europe.

2) The choice for sky blue is not only the result of our connection with the airline industry. Nor, however, is it the standard, institutional, airline blue. It is a more modern, dynamic and welcoming shade of blue.

3) The stylish dark grey communicates efficiency and quality.

4) The typography is functional: an uncomplicated font, easy to read and with a professional outlook. The use of lower case letters spells friendliness and joy.

Source: the Brussels Airport brochure which was handed over at the official event a week ago.

Regards,
SN690
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

b-west

Post by b-west »

When I read the explanation of the contrails crossing over Brussels, I couldn't help thinking: it looks like they're just flying over Brussels, and not stopping there (a)...

I like the logo, but think that the text will be a bit hard to read.

Charlie_Fox

Post by Charlie_Fox »

Concerning the additonal destinations, I think that what was actually said was that of the 29 most popular long haul business destinations for Europeans, Brussels currently has flights to only 9. When NorthWest start their service to Detroit that will be 10. Brussels Airport would like to get this to 20 - but they're dreaming.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I read that Brussels Airport would like to work together with SN Brussels Airlines/Vex and LCC's Sky Europe and Vueling to offer more destinations.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Tompompier

Post by Tompompier »

b-west wrote:
ElcoB wrote:
That's the old site, just with a new logo... too bad they didn't take advantage of the new logo to freshen up their site a bit. That aside, I like the logo. It's a good idea to finally have one corporate image for the airport.
A completely new website will be online in a few weeks. I've already seen a preview at work a few days ago, and yes, it's a very nice website.

Greetz,

Tompompier

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I look forward to see it.