JAT: new destinations, increased frequencies, new aircraft..

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JAT_boy_BEG

JAT: new destinations, increased frequencies, new aircraft..

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Well, to begin, in the new summer scheduled, flights will be and have been increased to the following destinations:

-SJJ
-LJU
-SKP
-TIA
-IST

JAT will be receiving 2 CRJ700's and have enough money to lease the a/c for 10 years. They are leasing the CRJ's from CRJ and will arrive some time this year. Flights with the CRJ's will be to:

-AMS
-BRU
-GOT
-MUC
-STR
-FCO

JAT has made the best profit in 15 years, with a profit of approx 1.5 billion Serbian dinars. They have increased their passengers numbers, increased flights etc.

http://www.jat.com/system/en/home/newsp ... /9007.html

new destinations include:

-BEY (currently open on BEG-BEY-DXB)
-SOF (opening 1st June)
-CAI (2 p/w)
-MIR

They will come along with the usual summer charters to HRG, SHH, Bodrum, Dalaman, Corfu, Kefalina, Zakinthos, Santorini, Izmir.
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

Jat flies to MIR twice a week while Corfu (started this Thursday) and Hurghada and Sharm El Sheik have started a few weeks ago. It's nice to see our airline expanding and having good profit but what is needed (currently) the most is new aircrafts. Offcourse with new profit this will be easier. They have enough destinations at the moment (around 43) - and they only have around 17 aircrafts. They have a nice reconstructed hub airport so we just want to see those aircrafts :)
Thanks for the news Jat boy.

n5528p

Re: JAT: new destinations, increased frequencies, new aircra

Post by n5528p »

I just keep wondering... :?: :?: :?:
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:JAT has made the best profit in 15 years, with a profit of approx 1.5 billion Serbian dinars.
According to the currency converter I used on the web, 1,5 billion Dinars are approximately 17,6 million € - JAT itself states:
JAT wrote:In mid May Jat also recorded a positive result amounting 3.3 million euros in revenues.
To be found at the link you provided.

And this, again, is absolute rubbish...
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:JAT will be receiving 2 CRJ700's and have enough money to lease the a/c for 10 years.

Can we leave the political stuff outside? :stop:

Bernhard

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

n5528p wrote:I just keep wondering... :?: :?: :?:
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:JAT has made the best profit in 15 years, with a profit of approx 1.5 billion Serbian dinars.
According to the currency converter I used on the web, 1,5 billion Dinars are approximately 17,6 million € - JAT itself states:
JAT wrote:In mid May Jat also recorded a positive result amounting 3.3 million euros in revenues.
To be found at the link you provided.

And this, again, is absolute rubbish...
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:JAT will be receiving 2 CRJ700's and have enough money to lease the a/c for 10 years.

Can we leave the political stuff outside? :stop:

Bernhard
Where did he mention politics?

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Bernard i think that result was just for that month only, and my figure was for the year so far.

As far as i know, 2 CRJ7's will be leased with JAT being able to finance the ac for 10 years.

Serbaviation, yes i agree with you that the fleet is ageing and needs replacing, and this will being to happen mid next year. The 8 A319's JAT ordered back in 1998 will begin to arrive and will most likely being replacing the ageing B733's. What i beleive is that JAT should look at getting 40 seater ac, more 70 seater ac and 90 seater ac. eg: for 40 seater ac, if they had an ac like an CRJ200, imagine the domestic destinations then. Uzice, Kraljevo even INI. Then we could have BNX, Kishnev and a couple other destinations. More 70 seater ac to increse frequencies. 90 seater ac to increase frequencies. Imagine if JAT had an ac like an TU334. 90-100 seats. perfect to make daily LHR, CDG, ZRH as double dailies. I think JAT needs frequencies and lots of it. Competition will get too JAT if they can't give frequencies. MXP is a warning to JAT. AZ went from daily to thrice daily, while JAT remained as 3 p/w. JAT lost MXP due to competition and lack of frequencies.

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

JAT_boy_BEG wrote:Bernard i think that result was just for that month only, and my figure was for the year so far.

As far as i know, 2 CRJ7's will be leased with JAT being able to finance the ac for 10 years.

Serbaviation, yes i agree with you that the fleet is ageing and needs replacing, and this will being to happen mid next year. The 8 A319's JAT ordered back in 1998 will begin to arrive and will most likely being replacing the ageing B733's. What i beleive is that JAT should look at getting 40 seater ac, more 70 seater ac and 90 seater ac. eg: for 40 seater ac, if they had an ac like an CRJ200, imagine the domestic destinations then. Uzice, Kraljevo even INI. Then we could have BNX, Kishnev and a couple other destinations. More 70 seater ac to increse frequencies. 90 seater ac to increase frequencies. Imagine if JAT had an ac like an TU334. 90-100 seats. perfect to make daily LHR, CDG, ZRH as double dailies. I think JAT needs frequencies and lots of it. Competition will get too JAT if they can't give frequencies. MXP is a warning to JAT. AZ went from daily to thrice daily, while JAT remained as 3 p/w. JAT lost MXP due to competition and lack of frequencies.
I hope those Airbuses do arrive. They have been questionable for 4 years now. The problem is order was made during Milosevic who never paid any money for the aircrafts. The new government first tried to find another airline they could divert there orders, then they said they will pay for the aircrafts and the list goes on... so the question is will they get those Airbuses. I heard not so long ago that a Norwegian team will go to Jat to evaluate what kind of aircrafts they need. Boeing did the same 3 years ago and told Jat to get: B737-800's, B767-300's and B787 :o .
I agree with you, Jat needs regional jets, maybe Uzice and Kraljevo are too close - by the time you go to the airport, check in, go through passport control, board the aircrafts you would be there by car. But the other routes you mention would be good.

n5528p

Post by n5528p »

SerbAviation wrote:Where did he mention politics?
This dates back to some talks some months ago. It's just difficult if every rumour and wish is spread like the full truth, and the setbacks are ignored. As I said before I appreciate the enthusiasm, but there should be a limit.

Bernhard

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

I read in a Serbian newspaper that Airbus has told JAT that they need to pay USD$16 million before seeing any deliveries made. From what i know is that this USD$16 million has been paid and that aircraft will begin to arrive next summer.

I think JAT will be better off in keeping their airbus a/c. They can replace the B733's which are ageing. Instead of B763 i would prefer A332, and i have no comment at the moment about JAT and the B787. I have heard that JAT is looking into the B787, but i know that there are no orders.

Yeah, i have heard the same thing about a Norweigan team assesing the JAT fleet. I think Norweigans are intrested in investing in Serbia. First the Millions of Euros for re-construction of INI, now with assesment of the JAT fleet, i wonder what next.

horizon

Post by horizon »

I wrote some months ago about Jat and future destinations, When Serbia will solve its problems with the hague and charity away 1500 years of culture and history to the al bunny land then we will see new destinations, aircrafts and new companies on tesla-airport. The world may not love us but our strategic location can nobody escape to recognise after all.

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

LOL. One day it will happen. One day things will get better for Serbia and its people.

We will have to wait and see what will happen to JAT. I want to see them open back their Balkan and more Eastern European destinations.

horizon

Post by horizon »

Jat still has some reputation left and when Serbia hopefully becomes a monarchy things will get better in all aspects including new destinations for the airline. :)

Aerocroatia

Post by Aerocroatia »

Once again nothing happens, no B767-200s, no USA flights and probably no CRJs.

Too much words which don't happen again.
:roll:

horizon

Post by horizon »

I think that it is in Serbias and jats interest to become a transit hub in all directions in s.east europe and it is not fully up to what Serbia and jat wants in this matter because if it was we would have b767-200 and other aircrafts years ago. I dont think that its jats intention to spread half thruths around themselves and hope that everything will solve just like that. Aerocroatia you have to remember that we had sanctions for a decade and when people want to start something they want to do it on safe grounds :!:

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Aerocroatia wrote:Once again nothing happens, no B767-200s, no USA flights and probably no CRJs.

Too much words which don't happen again.
:roll:
Yes, in a way i have to agree with you. JAT says one thing, and does another. JAT would have been flying for JFK if FAA didn't take it's bloody time in finding time in their "busy schedule" to re-asses SerbiaMontenegro for CAT I. Now they will re-assess SerbiaMontenegro in September, more than a year since SerbiaMontenegrin government asked for FAA CAT I. It's a joke. JAT got all the rights to fly to Canada, but not to the USofA, and we all know that having a B762 for only 2 flights a week, and for the rest of the week let it sit at the airport is costly. I can not wait to see what will happen in September.

CRJ's are said to happen some time this year. And i hope they do. I would like to see JAT sell all their ATR's and replace them for CRJ's. I think that the ATR's have a tight schedule as well. SJJ, LJU, SOF, MUC, STR, TIA, SKP and i think JAT is doing an ATR flight BEG-LHR on Saturdays making BEG-LHR 8 p/w with JAT!!!! It shows on the JAT timetable. But don't know if it still shows.

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

I heard there is some meeting in (in Jat Belgrade) a week about transatlantic flights

horizon

Post by horizon »

I think that Jat will solve its problems in a couple of years, the only question is if they will survive as an regional airline or becoming something as in the old good days. My opinion is that jat should fly to Canada now but more than 2 times a week and make a deal with for ex a canadian company to bring people from the US to toronto and everybody will be satisfied :D

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

horizon wrote:I think that Jat will solve its problems in a couple of years, the only question is if they will survive as an regional airline or becoming something as in the old good days. My opinion is that jat should fly to Canada now but more than 2 times a week and make a deal with for ex a canadian company to bring people from the US to toronto and everybody will be satisfied :D
It is too costly for JAT to have 2 flights p/w to YYZ and then have the a/c sit at BEG for the rest of week. This way, for JAT to wait a while, SOF would have had a couple months, have gained passenger numbers, probably the CRJ's would have arrived and are in service, and flights to its Balkan destinations increased.
SerbAviation wrote:I heard there is some meeting in (in Jat Belgrade) a week about transatlantic flights
yes, there is. JAT representatives from all over the world are said to meet in Beogradfor this event. They will talk about JAT in general i think, and not just about the trans-atlantic flights.

earthman

Post by earthman »

I think by the time the FAA gets to reassessing the Cat I status, they will have to start all over again, because the country has been split in Serbia and Montenegro...

n5528p

Post by n5528p »

earthman wrote:I think by the time the FAA gets to reassessing the Cat I status, they will have to start all over again, because the country has been split in Serbia and Montenegro...
I don't see this problem - normally one of the countries takes the role of the legal successor - like Russia does for the former Soviet Union, just a matter of some diplomatic apaper...

Regards, Bernhard

earthman

Post by earthman »

It was more of a bureaucracy-related joke. "I'm sorry, what was your country called again? Serbia? I only have Serbia Montenegro in my file. That's not quite the same, is it? I'm sorry, you'll have to reapply."

But surely, with the US following the EU and halting their assistance due to lack of cooperation with the tribunal, the FAA will be in no hurry whatsoever to grant a Cat I status.