Multi million Terminal 2 opens in Belgrade

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Nice idea about the restaurants and kids area, but atari or sega. man, that went out centuries ago. Kids today want Playstation, X Box and Gamecube.

Well, here are a couple of the pictures i was talking about. Enjoy :fork: :yummie:
pictures of BEG T2
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

horizon

Post by horizon »

Well i wanted it 15 years ago no matter new technology and names i am sure you understood what i ment anyway :)

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

Terminal 2 uses 12 gates C1-6 and A1-6. While terminal 1 A7-A10 plus B1-B8

earthman

Post by earthman »

Kids these days probably have portable game systems, so I doubt this is as much needed now.

Remember the times when there were lines to phone booths?

horizon

Post by horizon »

Nikola Tesla airport should have something to attract children and the youth because they are suffering most on different airports through the world. And i asked if somebody new anything about the area between the waiting hall at t2 and the gates? they are still in same shape as 15 years ago.

earthman

Post by earthman »

They should put a fighter jet in the terminal then, with a ladder to get into the cockpit.

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

horizon wrote:Nikola Tesla airport should have something to attract children and the youth because they are suffering most on different airports through the world. And i asked if somebody new anything about the area between the waiting hall at t2 and the gates? they are still in same shape as 15 years ago.
Well not exactly. I was there some 15 days ago. They changed the dark ground, put new seats, put a few plants (thank god), they put flat tv screens above each gate showing airline and destination (just like the ones now used at check in) and they have opened new shops (and put “Welcome to Belgrade” information desks).

I also think they should put something for children. I remember the entertainment for children at the airport in one of the worst decades in our history. We were on our way to Podgorica on a B727. We were waiting in the dim black departure lounge. Jat then put a model of 10 seats that were newly designed being added on to aircrafts. They were the black leather seats that are on the B737’s. Everyone used to play with those seats :D

earthman

Post by earthman »

Are you sure it wasn't just a let's-see-how-these-seats-survive-abuse test?

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

earthman wrote:Are you sure it wasn't just a let's-see-how-these-seats-survive-abuse test?
Probably :D

horizon

Post by horizon »

When will t1 be ready for action? new and improved? And do we need a domestic terminal after august?

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

horizon wrote:When will t1 be ready for action? new and improved? And do we need a domestic terminal after august?
I think T1 will completely shut for the re-construction, but i don't know when.

I think that when the other Serbian airports have been re-constructed, we could see the need for a domestic terminal at BEG, but a small one, especially if JAT got smaller a/c than the ATR72. Or they could use the domestic terminal for flights throughout Yugoslavia.
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

horizon

Post by horizon »

T1 could handle the traffic to eventually nis and kopaonik/raska region but for that they need maximum 2-3 gates.