Wizz Air starts Charleroi - Ljubljana flights

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

This is a very good news !!
Slovenia is a great country !

Charleroi is doing well :
see http://www.charleroi-airport.com/BSCA/s ... ent&Key=no
and https://www.aviation24.be/article-topic-124.html

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

I just hope that they will start this route from CRL !!

It is not the first time and also not the last time that

Wizz announces new routes ( e g CRL- PZN ) ( KTW - AMS)

but never operated them even once...

Just wonder why the open to Ljublana from CRL and not from CRL to

LTN ? ZAG ??

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Wizz Air, Dobro Doslu u Ljubljan i Split :wink: i think they will do just great in Croatia and Slovenija. I wonder if they will expand into other Slovenijan airports such as Maribor and Portorodz.

Can we see wizz Air expand in the Balkans region?
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

an-148

Post by an-148 »

Portoroz can't accept A320, just like Brac!
Rway 1200m (for turboprops or BAE's or future an-148 maximum!

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Good news! Ljubljana is a nice place to visit.

Aerocroatia

Post by Aerocroatia »

JAT_boy_BEG wrote:Wizz Air, Dobro Doslu u Ljubljan i Split :wink: i think they will do just great in Croatia and Slovenija. I wonder if they will expand into other Slovenijan airports such as Maribor and Portorodz.

Wizzair said on the press conference at Zagreb that it is planning to add up to 6 more destiantions out of Zagreb this year already.

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Aerocroatia wrote:
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:Wizz Air, Dobro Doslu u Ljubljan i Split :wink: i think they will do just great in Croatia and Slovenija. I wonder if they will expand into other Slovenijan airports such as Maribor and Portorodz.

Wizzair said on the press conference at Zagreb that it is planning to add up to 6 more destiantions out of Zagreb this year already.
fantastic, can we see them at BEG? and how about Osijek? i am sure there is an airport in Osijek.
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

I don't think that Wizz, Sky or any other eastern LCC that already has operations from BUD will start flying from BEG. Why?! Because BEG - BUD road distance is only ~350 km from witch ~170 on motorway(5 hours drive) and there is already a very developed minibus transfer for low cost flights. Each time I fly from BUD(I also need to take a 350km minibus trip to there) with a LCC I cand see lots of minibuses registerd in Serbia&Montenegro. And such a minibus trip is preaty cheap, around 10-15 euro one-way.

an-148

Post by an-148 »

JAT_boy_BEG
Affirm, there is an airport in Osijek.

horizon

Post by horizon »

It will be no problem for wizzair to start services to beg later on, perhaps winter 2007. If there can be up to 12 flights/day with atr between Helsinki and Tallinn (distance 85km) then it can be between bud and beg 400km and beg-zag 400km and even beg timisoara 180km.
But if the lcc starts to fly to beg right now then it would bring jat down perhaps nis and sombor airports is an better solution after all.

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Well, i am gonna take a risk by booking already to Ljubljana , out of CRL.

Hope they don t cancel the route prior to even fly it !!

Especially at those rates, 125 € for 2 pax aller/retour !!

Great !

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

Dude320 wrote:[...]Hope they don t cancel the route prior to even fly it !![...]
...it's possible to cancel the route or to cut down the number of weekly flights. It wouldn't be the first time Wizz will make such a thing(many cases in the past). From this point of view they are far away Sky Europe that for my knoledge did't make any schedule changes on an annunced route.

@ TBSC why did Wizz Air has such big airport taxes at BUD(and not only there) compared with those of Sky Europe or Easyjet other 2 major LCC flying from Hungary a??? This along with the 2.5 euro/pax/flight booking fee bring the flights in most cases at very high tarrifs. the diference betwen airport taxes + booking fee is around 15 euro/pax/flight hiugher than aditional(airport taxes) taxes at Sky or Esyjet tickets.

Aerocroatia

Post by Aerocroatia »

JAT_boy_BEG wrote:
Aerocroatia wrote:

fantastic, can we see them at BEG? and how about Osijek? i am sure there is an airport in Osijek.
Osijek is in focus of Ryanair, but I think we could hear soon more about Ryan's plans with flights to Croatia, I don't want to talk about it, too early.

I don't think that some low-cost airline will arrive soon to Belgrade. I thnik Serbia will not allow any low-cost to arrive until they finish renewal of JatAirways.