Quo Vadis Jet Airways… trip reports / complaint letter!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Vinnie-Winnie

Re: Quo Vadis Jet Airways… trip reports / complaint letter!

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

regi wrote:
WC_EEND wrote:Well, I think 9W deserves props for taking the effort to register here and trying to help out.
Euh, I didn't read that they would help somebody. They ask his details. And now that they register as a member, they don't reply to an open question from another member - me.
I wouldn't trust it for a second. It is up to Jet Airways to prove they are reliable. Guilty untill proven innoscent :twisted:
U'r reaction is ridiculous. 1st you complain, then they reach out to you but you keep on complaining whereas obviously they'd like to hear you out and settle the matter in a private way. What part don't you understand here?

Don't complain if they just give up on you and ignore you. If I were Jet Airways I would just let you be you obviously only want to complain in a very public way and you obviously also get a specific type satisfaction out of it...

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

regi wrote:
WC_EEND wrote:Well, I think 9W deserves props for taking the effort to register here and trying to help out.
Euh, I didn't read that they would help somebody. They ask his details. And now that they register as a member, they don't reply to an open question from another member - me.
I wouldn't trust it for a second. It is up to Jet Airways to prove they are reliable. Guilty untill proven innoscent :twisted:
Why the hell would they need to reply to you, Regi? And your open question is plain stupid by the way. Who do you think you are? Probably one of those frustrated members on this forum.

regi

Post by regi »

Hold on dear members, this is going in the wrong direction by attacking me personally , using bad language.
While the subject is about Jet Airways.

Jet Airways chose to enter this forum. And I - as a member and a customer ( answer to your question who I am ) am entitled to ask questions. And you are not entitled to attack me personally with bad language (to stipulate what your position is.)
Before you keep on attacking me, read the first report of Stijn again, get back to basics.
You automatically chose the side of Jet Airways while Stijn clearly made a detailed report. He even gave the travel dates. And he stipulates that a staff member refused to give a name, so Stijn could not write a sustained complaint towards Jet Airways.
But the report of Stijn contains a bitter statement: not only that he personally will never use Jet Airways, but that a rather large travel agency would stop promoting them.
Now that is what they are after. Jet Airways has the details of Stijn. ( should be no problem to check it , looking at the details he gave ) Jet Airways can contact Stijn to go through his bad experiences. But they don't. They placed here a message, giving the impression that Stijn his complaints are unfunded because he doesn't come back to them.
I stand by Stijn to warn him about such a so called customer department. ( I call those departments damage control )
And look what happens: attention is drawn away from Jet Airways and pointed to me!

The obvious message from that customer department should be a public message that because of intense use of their aircraft, they have some backlog with interior repairs. That they have started an upgrading of their training program. And that the system for seat reservation is in review for improvement.
But no, they publicly ask Stijn his personal data.
Strange that you didn't react on that awkward question on a public forum.
Look, I don't want to start here a tit for tat member war. ( Jet Airways would like that )
But because both harsh and sentimental reactions to my person, I think that I better send some messages as a PM in the future.

Stij

Post by Stij »

An update!

I was abroad professionally for a couple of days and didn't have the time to access the web.

Yes, I mailed Jet Airways and gave my full name. I feel that if I write such a serious report in public, they have the right to know who I am. If they would then use my name to put me on a black list, I would report in public about that as well. ATTENTION!!!! They didn't do that!!! This is just hypothetical.

Jet Airways has replied to my mail that they would come back to me before June 8th. I'll keep you posted. I'm just as curious as you!

Stij

fcw

Post by fcw »

They will not blacklist you at all. They will offer you compensation, probably a voucher to be redeemed on your next trip with them.
:clap:
Regi, please hold your horses and give Jet Airways the time to solve this problem directly with Stij first!
Last edited by fcw on 04 Jun 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.

cnc

Post by cnc »

regi wrote:The obvious message from that customer department should be a public message that because of intense use of their aircraft, they have some backlog with interior repairs. That they have started an upgrading of their training program. And that the system for seat reservation is in review for improvement.
But no, they publicly ask Stijn his personal data.
every airline needs your personal data to process a comlaint. we (yes you too) have no business with what happens next as it is between the airline and the costumer. be glad 9W made it clear they do care about forum complaints

regi

Post by regi »

We are eagerly looking forward - without cynism- to the 8th of June .

From a marketing point of view, this is a golden opportunity for Jet Airways , not only to contain damage, but even to use it as positive promotion. I really do hope for the customer department that they will not be overruled by another department.

Stijn gave us a fact: BEFORE 8th June. Let us see. I hold my horses ;)
By the way: If Stijn will not inform us by himself about the progress/outcome, I think I will even forget about it quickly - as most consumers do.

MHG

Post by MHG »

regi wrote: By the way: If Stijn will not inform us by himself about the progress/outcome, I think I will even forget about it quickly - as most consumers do.
That´s the usual way it goes ...

Just in this case it would leave the bitter taste behind in the public.

I´m also curious on the outcome. Not so much about the exact compensation (if any) but rather the general way how 9W deals with the complaint - and if it´s finally "settled" to the customers satisfaction (or at least close to it since I don´t know Stij´s expectations)

regi

Post by regi »

Before 8th of June is...today !
Fingers crossed, we are curious.

regi

Post by regi »

12th June: radio silence.

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

If you adjust the Squelch at least you hear static :) :lol:

Stij

Post by Stij »

Until now I didn't receive a response from Jet. I've written a small reminder mail.

Cheers,

Stij

regi

Post by regi »

fcw wrote:They will not blacklist you at all. They will offer you compensation, probably a voucher to be redeemed on your next trip with them.
:clap:
Regi, please hold your horses and give Jet Airways the time to solve this problem directly with Stij first!
How long do I have to keep them in the stable?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Regi, not long!!!

The answer came in not long after my reminder. I'll summarise for you:

They apologise for by bad experience.
They feel sorry for the gate experience in Brussels, especially because they emphasize a good service during training and staff meetings. All heads of department have been notified and are taking “immediate remedial correction”.
The experiences on the return flight were discussed with Catering and Inflight. They agree the meal service has been “revised” but not much. Based on my experience, probably the meal service should be reviewed again for further improvement.
They look forward welcoming me again on one of their flights.
And… that’s it…

I replied that the catering in itself wasn’t the major concern, that the crews attitude was a way bigger one. I also asked for the reason they cancelled our preseating twice.

Kind regards,

Stij

P.S. At least I'm not blacklisted! ;-)

regi

Post by regi »

Sad that they didn't use this opportunity as a marketing tool. And sad that they didn't come back on that major issue of seat arrangements. ( I guess that the customer department has no way to check this )
They have replied - later than anounced - and that is already better than other suppliers of services what so ever.
But most worrying is that they did not reply on your final dismissal:
We’ll never fly them again and a not-so-small travel agency will stop promoting them.

Stij

Post by Stij »

regi wrote:But most worrying is that they did not reply on your final dismissal:
We’ll never fly them again and a not-so-small travel agency will stop promoting them.
Maybe that's because he introduced a complaint as well... trough other channels of course...

Cheers,

Stij

Stij

Post by Stij »

OK, we're 1 week down the road since my last mail... and no answers anymore. So I guess that was it for me. Bye bye Jet... we'll never know the probably logical explanation why all preseatings get lost etc.

However,

After rereading the forum a bit I still owe a reaction to Vinnie Winnie
Vinnie-Winnie wrote: U'r reaction is ridiculous. 1st you complain, then they reach out to you but you keep on complaining whereas obviously they'd like to hear you out and settle the matter in a private way. What part don't you understand here?
I was the one who wrote the trip report, not Regi. You probably mixed us up in the heat of the discussion.
Vinnie-Winnie wrote: Don't complain if they just give up on you and ignore you. If I were Jet Airways I would just let you be you obviously only want to complain in a very public way and you obviously also get a specific type satisfaction out of it...
I didn't expect them to answer, that wasn't the goal of my report. I just wrote an (in my opinion) fair and honest trip report. Also, if I've written (very) positive remarks on this forum about Jet in the past, then it's also my duty to report the bad experiences, otherwise I wouldn't be honest to the readers on this forum who try to choose the best airliner to fly with.

To my knowledge this is not a free publicity forum for airliners, but one where we can be critical as well. And no, I don't get a "specific type satisfaction" out of it, actually I feel bad writing negative reports.

Here are the positive remarks I've written in the past, with the dates, so you can check I'm not kidding you...:

01/12/2008 … If you want to travel in style and confort to NYC, fly Jetairways: non-stop, excellent service...

02/01/2009 … However, if you can get a rate that's not much more expensive on JetAirways, fly them! Plus, if you don't have to make a connection, you can't miss it either!

27/10/2009 It IS a very good product that beats all the American competition on the Atlantic. I hope they'll expand soon... if the economy allows it of course... Anyway, november 11th, I fly them to Chennai in Y, but still, so looking forward...

You see, I don't just write when it's bad...

Cheers,

Stij

EDIT typo...
Last edited by Stij on 20 Jun 2012, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Stij wrote: To my knowledge this is not a free publicity forum for airliners, but one where we can be critical as well.
Quite so !

Stij

Post by Stij »

And now I reread these posts, I thought I had given JetAirways response, apparently I must have forgotten.
Basically they responded to the points about the gate agent and the catering and promised action would be taken. No feedback was given on the other points. I inquired about these in a reply and since then... no news...

Cheers,

Stij

regi

Post by regi »

why bother anymore, according some members we are not entitled to roll our eyes. :roll: