cheapest airline ticket ever booked

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chineseboy

cheapest airline ticket ever booked

Post by chineseboy »

guys

just for my interest

what's your cheapest airline returnticket ever you've booked? - flown with ? and from ... to ... and booked on which website?

e.g my experience:

flown with Turkish Airlines - from BRU to BKK via IST for 499€ return - booked on Connections.be ( that was 9years ago )

rhigginson

Re: cheapest airline ticket ever booked

Post by rhigginson »

I once flew from Halifax to London Gatwick with Air Transat for $20 Canadian..

lufti

Post by lufti »

for me it was on Emirates 2 years ago FRA-BKK return for only 395 eur. And on top of that i flew the A380 2x times on this route!!!!

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

BRU-LAS-BRU back in 2009 for just 320 EUR with United Airlines. UFC to Business Class in the airports included I flew this route for 1.250 EUR in business class, quite a good deal :) Unfortunately those days are over, I'm currently looking to the same flights in March 2012 and I find fares of 800 to 1.000 EUR with UA (via IAD).

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

For me,ryanair eindhoven-pisa-eindhoven 10,02 euro all in,
tickets 0,02 euro and 10 euros for paying with visa as I didn't have a visa electron!

This two years ago ..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

My cheapest flights this year were on Ryanair (what else ? :crazy: ).
3 euros each for a Charleroi-Bergamo and a Verona-Charleroi in february, bought in december 2010 (with a Mastercard Prepaid).
Cheapest was ultimately the VRN-CRL : 75 minutes airborne, 4 eurocents/min.

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

CRL-STN when it was just launched ( and quickly cancelled)
2 cents return ticket (no taxes/visa charges were added)
It really said 0,02 euro on my visa statement.

BigJets

Post by BigJets »

Brussels to Antwerp on a Sabena Boeing 737-200 (OO-SDA) in the late 70's, barely touching the clouds with the left wing before descending again on this 12 minute flight and this for 480 Belgian Francs (or 11.89 Euro), all in.

OO-SDP in Antwerp:
http://www.belgian-wings.be/webpages/na ... O-SDP.html

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BigJets wrote:Brussels to Antwerp on a Sabena Boeing 737-200 (OO-SDA) in the late 70's, barely touching the clouds with the left wing before descending again on this 12 minute flight and this for 480 Belgian Francs (or 11.89 Euro), all in.
Same experience (in the opposite direction, ANR-BRU) for the same price in the same period.
And then also CRL-SNN-CRL with RYR in Jan 2001 for 10€, baggage in the cargo hold included, paid by Visa without surcharge.
And the record: SFO-BRU for 49$ with Braniff (they had a weekly flight that did not last very long...).
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:My cheapest flights this year were on Ryanair (what else ? :crazy: ).
hope that ticket was still the cheapest one after your checked in luggage of 15-20 kg... :lol:

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

OO-ITR wrote: hope that ticket was still the cheapest one after your checked in luggage of 15-20 kg... :lol:
A never check no luggage, man ... travel light and cheap :lol:

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:
OO-ITR wrote: hope that ticket was still the cheapest one after your checked in luggage of 15-20 kg... :lol:
A never check no luggage, man ... travel light and cheap :lol:
how convenient...walking around in the same clothes for a few days!!! lol

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

OO-ITR wrote:how convenient...walking around in the same clothes for a few days!!! lol
That's the RYR way man, walking arround for days in the same clothes so that they can sell air freshners on the returnflight :D

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

@Bralo 20 and OO-ITR,

Why need you 20 kilos of clothes for ?? Desperate wanting a back-injury ?
I easily pack clothes for 2+1 in a nice hand luggage-allowed samsonite..
travel for a long-weekend with Ryanair to Italy ?
You just have to use FR for what's it worth !!
Use it baggage free on their great fares.. haha
For 10 days or more,why the hell would you travel FR ?
Check SN flights on-time, or try a bit of a search on the sites mentioned in these topics..

CX-B

Besides : about luggage : what's the positive thing about allowing luggage of 26 kilos but if you don't allow it in one piece of luggage, two times this year I left BRU and within the return leg I had to hassle everything because I needed to buy another bag because within one piece it was said to be too heavy, but they allowed the same bag onwards !! ( Air Baltic - Riga and American Airlines - NY La Guardia ) :(

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

with 10 kg you can take a lot (in the summer!)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

OO-ITR wrote: how convenient...walking around in the same clothes for a few days!!! lol
Who said I go for a few days ?
Instead of going to Roma, say, for five days, I do five day trips : four more take off and landings, and much more flight time - you've never realized there are real aviation lovers - not mere travellers - on this here forum?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Haha airazurxtror , that's the spirit !
And with 10 daytrips you have seen as much and more to talk of...
Hope I can do these also when I'm that old !
But with this green eco-thing in the air and the search of new taxes now and in the future I doubt it ..
Still fly like this as long as you can !

CX-B

Comet

Post by Comet »

£84 NCL-BRU and return on SNBA booked on Expedia in 2006. You won't get anything as cheap (by today's standards) on routes into BRU from the UK now.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:
OO-ITR wrote: how convenient...walking around in the same clothes for a few days!!! lol
Who said I go for a few days ?
Instead of going to Roma, say, for five days, I do five day trips : four more take off and landings, and much more flight time - you've never realized there are real aviation lovers - not mere travellers - on this here forum?
newsflash for you : if all airlines had to fill their aircraft with aviation lovers only, they would all be bankrupt by now. In the real world, travellers take to take luggage with them. And believe me, those can be heavy!
I easily have 20kg, try to take a laptop with you...Don't forget some carriers weigh your carry on also (maybe not SN but others do...)

danieln

Post by danieln »

Two times I had the luck to fly absolutely free.

The first time was when Sabena celebrated it's 75th birthday. The organised a competition wher you could win 750 x 2 tickets to a European destination. I won, and booked tickets to Lisbon with my girlfiend.

The second time was a strange story. Ryanair was victim of a strike at Dublin airport and decided to cancel all it's flights and rebook or refund the passengers. But the strike ended sooner than expected, and all aircraft could take the skies again. But as no passengers were booked on these flights, Ryanair decided to send an email to their subscribed passengers to tell them that everyone could book a flight for free, as long as you could depart on the same day or one day later. I took a daytrip to Dublin for free.