Ryanair DUB > CRL 24/05/06

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
westwings

Ryanair DUB > CRL 24/05/06

Post by westwings »

Time to go back home :!:

After a whole day spotting along the fence at Dublin I brought back my rental car and went to the terminal. I was more then 2,5 hours early but I could already check-in. PANIC!!! The lady at check-in couldn't find my name on he list 8O After a few minutes and spelling my name a couple of times she finally found it! Then I quickly went to the security check and once past this I had plenty of time to do a little spotting from inside the terminal (a log and photos will follow in a seperate topic). I first went to the C gates and routed via the B gates to, yes, the A gates. Many windows are very dirty but photography is possible allthough it's not the best quality. Once you have entered the A gates you cannot go back anymore to the B and C gates!

Just like in Charleroi, the A gates at Dublin were overcrowded with some people sitting on the ground because there were not enough seats.

My flight FR48 was sheduled at 20.20 from gate A11 but when I arrived there I saw it was delayed by 20 minutes so the waiting could begin. Finally boarding began with another 20 minutes delay, around 21.00LT, because I checked in early I had a priority card and was one of the first ones to go on board. The first six rows of seats had to remain empty so I took seat 7A. I forgot to look which plane it was but it didn't had winglets. We took off around 21.10 from runway 28 and while climbing out we passed Weston Aerdrome and Baldonnell/Casement Airbase.

A nice view over the city of Dublin and surroundings:

Somewhere over the UK flying into the darkness:

We routed via the Channel back to Charleroi / Brussels South where we arrived in the dark around 23.30LT, 35 minutes later than expected nevertheless it was a good flight again. I will certainly use Ryanair again in the future.
Regards,
Kristof Vandermoere

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Thanks for the report! The aircraft had to be a 738 without winglets. Ryanair only has 738 in its fleet after the disposal of th 732.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice illustrated report.
André
ex Sabena #26567

westwings

Post by westwings »

fokker_f27: I didn't mean the type but the registration :wink:
Regards,
Kristof Vandermoere