Ryanair CRL > DUB 20/05/06

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
westwings

Ryanair CRL > DUB 20/05/06

Post by westwings »

On saterday 20th May I made my long awaited trip to Ireland which was originally planned for October/November last year but I had to postponed that.

I booked my (return) flight to Dublin on Wednesday 3th of May and total cost were € 61,16 including taxes and €7,00 for my luggage. I pre booked my luggage otherwise if you pay at the check-in you're paying double!

My flight, FR49, was sheduled to depart at 19.20LT and when I arrived at charleroi / Brussels South check-in had already started. It all looked a bit chaotic, besides the people for Dublin also those for Venice/Treviso were checking in and everybody was standing in one crowd not really rows. That's just because the terminal at CRL is getting too small I think. After about half an hour it was my turn to check-in and all went well, then it was of to the security check and to the gate. While waiting for my plane, flight FR6055 to Venice/Treviso was already taking off

Then at 18.55 my plane arrived, it was EI-DCD with winglets and additional Ryanair titles on the winglets both on the inside and outside. There are only a very few flying around like that I think.

Around 19.15 we could start boarding, unfortunally all window seats were already taken when I got onboard and I ended up somewhere above the wing, I believe it was seat 21D but not sure anymore. We finally took off from runway 25 with a 15 minute delay at 19.35. The flight itself was OK, offcourse with Ryanair no free service but we could buy drinks and /or meals if we wanted aswell as bustickets and scratch cards. We routed south of London and about 18 Miles North of Cardiff towards the Irish Sea where we descended into Dublin and arrived on Runway 28 on time (19.55LT) so the flight was 15 minutes shorter then sheduled, a nice job from the crew!

After taxiing it was only a short walk to the A gate where all Ryanair flights arrive/depart. After picking up my luggage I didn't had the time to have a look around at the airport because I had to pick up my rental car and go to my Bed & Breakfast.

It was a good flight with friendly service from both the airport and Ryanair staff.
Regards,
Kristof Vandermoere

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Thak you for your most interesting report, and very nice pics.
It is also the first aircraft I see with "Ryanair" written on the winglet ...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice report. However, I do not understand the €7.00 fee for luggage. Do you really have to pay for checked luggage on Ryanair? Could you not try to put everything in your hand luggage?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

sn26567 wrote:However, I do not understand the €7.00 fee for luggage. Do you really have to pay for checked luggage on Ryanair?

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php ... gagecharge

Sometimes a quick search on the net can do miracles...

About putting everything into your hand luggage (rather a bizarre remark but ok)...don't forget there are clear restrictions concerning hand luggage on their website too!
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte

westwings

Post by westwings »

As this wasn't a daytrip I had way to much stuff to put it all in my handluggage and as Tommypilot said there are also restrictions on that both size and weight. I think this is one of those 'hidden' extra costs some people are complaining about :wink:

One question, the Ryanair website states that you can have a maximum of 20 kg luggage but at the airport was a note which stated 15 kg, does anyone know what's correct :?:
Regards,
Kristof Vandermoere

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Those who have booked their flight before march 16, can have 15 kg checked-in luggage, free.
After march 16, you pay a fee for a checked-in luggage not exceeding 20 kg.
See www.ryanair.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

.... and on their website they present the baggage fee as an "improvement" of their service!
André
ex Sabena #26567