Vienna-Singapoure-Melbourne with Austrian Airlines?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
fsreplay

Vienna-Singapoure-Melbourne with Austrian Airlines?

Post by fsreplay »

Hi guys!

I'm travelling in June with Austrian, Vienna-Singapore-Melbourne with 767-300.Coming back with 777-200 in september.

I would like to know are there PTV's on this aircrafts?

I had a previous experience with Austrian from Vienna to New York and i was satisfied overall with the flight thats why i booked again with them to Australia.

Thx in advance :lol:

Jense

Post by Jense »

On both 767 & 777: PTV's on board in Y. Pop up screens in C.

Enjoy their 777's, told to be the most comfortable cabin overall. Can we expect some pictures of your flights? Especially the 777 is a major intrest of mine for years!

fsreplay

Post by fsreplay »

Jense wrote:On both 767 & 777: PTV's on board in Y. Pop up screens in C.

Enjoy their 777's, told to be the most comfortable cabin overall. Can we expect some pictures of your flights? Especially the 777 is a major intrest of mine for years!
Y and C are part of economy class or? Im flying economy.

MD-11er

Post by MD-11er »

Y = Economy Class
C = Business Class
F = First Class
R doesn't exist anymore that was only on the SSC if I am not wrong

What will you be flying from SIN to MEL??? SQ then I presume as OS only flies on SYD

So you will probably add the 744 to your trip.

An all Boeing trip could be worse :lol:

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

MD-11er wrote: What will you be flying from SIN to MEL??? SQ then I presume as OS only flies on SYD

So you will probably add the 744 to your trip.

An all Boeing trip could be worse :lol:
Austrian flies VIE-SIN-MEL with own equipment... http://www.aua.com/be/eng/Flights/network/

MD-11er

Post by MD-11er »

Oeps, My mistake, :oops:

Didn't know they opened the line.

That's good news. :wink:

n5528p

Post by n5528p »

Austrian actually flies VIE - SIN - MEL and VIE - KUL - SYD.

I travelled it three times so far ('94 and '99 under Lauda Air, '03 under Austrian after the merger) and was very satisfied so far.

There is one B767 left which does not have PTV and it is mainly used for charter routes. To Australia you will have a 777 or a good 767 (very unlikey, only when one of the 777 is in maintenance) and you will have your own tv.

Regards, Bernhard

fsreplay

Post by fsreplay »

Thank you very much guys i got a relief now,having a PTV in a long route is very important for me. :lol:

MD-11er

Post by MD-11er »

fsreplay wrote:Thank you very much guys i got a relief now,having a PTV in a long route is very important for me. :lol:
If it works :wink:

One of our members here had a HKG - LHR flight once on a Speedbird 744 and there was a problem with the PTVs all they could have was the airshow, and that makes the flight really looooooooooooooooooooooong as the only thing you can do is see the minutes goes by.

:x

:lol: :roll:

fsreplay

Post by fsreplay »

MD-11er wrote:
fsreplay wrote:Thank you very much guys i got a relief now,having a PTV in a long route is very important for me. :lol:
If it works :wink:

One of our members here had a HKG - LHR flight once on a Speedbird 744 and there was a problem with the PTVs all they could have was the airshow, and that makes the flight really looooooooooooooooooooooong as the only thing you can do is see the minutes goes by.

:x

:lol: :roll:
No,no,no,no i dont want that to happen! Im gonna take my laptop and Ipod as a backup :lol: