Flybe 146s

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
jfriday

Flybe 146s

Post by jfriday »

Hi, I've just booked to fly Flybe in July from SOU-AGP. I was just wondering if anybody has had any experiences with them particulary on their BAE-146s they would like to share.

I'm approaching this trip with a certain degree of trepidation as the prospect of 2h50m on a clapped out 146 doesn't fill me with joy. I wouldn't call myself a nervous flyer but i haven't heard good things about the noise the flaps make after take-off which seem to spook a lot of people, anybody noticed the same?

Thanks in advance.

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Strange.

Why book the flight if you don't want to fly in that aircraft type. Mind you, it could be worse. You might have to go on one of those antique Boeing 737-200's!!!

Why not just drive and then you shouldn't have a problem?

Meerkat

Founder member of the moronocracy

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yes the BAe146 and Avro's do quite some noise. you especially hear the flaps when they extend and retract. It's a funny noise and indeed some people are scraed when they hear it. But there is nothing to worry about.

The day you wouldn't hear any noise anymore I would be worried ;)

Chris

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

it may be on a 737.......