How to improve search-engine positions for articles/topics ?

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
luchtzak

How to improve search-engine positions for articles/topics ?

Post by luchtzak »

Hello all,

I have been researching the way search-engines are looking to pages on this website. One of things that they are looking at is the URL of the page and to the title of the page (incredible but true).

To give this website more productivity on search-engines may I ask you to make a nice title in the forum or when you submit news e.g.:
AA's B757 broken at BRU 25L

those titles don't appear that much and it is a very nice topic-title but it is better that it becomes:
American Airlines Boeing 757 broken @ Brussels Airport 25L
or
American Airlines B757 broken @ Brussels Airport 25L
Just call me crazy but this way your topic / news item will become more important, will have more readers and the discussions will be even more exciting !!

Another item in titles:

please say in your title: United Airlines blabl or Southwest Airlines blabla because search-engines and news-readers sometimes only look at the 2 word iso the single United-word

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

P.S.: I don't want to :teach: , I am here to help ;-)
Last edited by luchtzak on 21 Mar 2004, 23:09, edited 3 times in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'll try to do my best :wink:

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

And so will I. I guess this announcement was specially aimed at the champion of the news submitters ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:And so will I. I guess this announcement was specially aimed at the champion of the news submitters ;-)
Nothing to beat blowing your own trumpet, is there Andre???
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:Nothing to beat blowing your own trumpet, is there Andre???
... and playing your own drums, Comet.

I would love to see more members submitting news, so that I can retire in peace :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Ill try to do my best to. But i find i post good in four weeks i posted allready 143 messages.

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

André, it must be very difficult to beat you, so please keep on posting ;)

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:Ill try to do my best to. But i find i post good in four weeks i posted allready 143 messages.
Sonny,

We are not talking here about the number of messages you post, but about the original topics that you introduce, either as news items (in the "submit news" section of the site, or in the forums (fora?).

Personally, I would like to see some people take over the posting of news items in the latest news. This ection of Luchtzak is at least as important as the forum.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:

Personally, I would like to see some people take over the posting of news items in the latest news. This ection of Luchtzak is at least as important as the forum.
Well, I keep trying, I got my second piece published on here on Saturday, but every time I come across some really good news I find that someone else has already beaten me to it!!
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:every time I come across some really good news I find that someone else has already beaten me to it!!
Probably me :!: :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Sabena_690 wrote:André, it must be very difficult to beat you, so please keep on posting ;)

Regards
Frederic
Yes Andre - keep posting!!!
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:every time I come across some really good news I find that someone else has already beaten me to it!!
Probably me :!: :wink:
It's exactly the same which happens when I want to post some news. You're too fast André :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

SN30952

forums/fora?

Post by SN30952 »

sn26567 wrote:(in the "submit news" section of the site, or in the forums (fora?)
forums/fora? I do not know
A while ago somebody on a dutch forum said good forums/fora are sometimes 'eu-fori' ( in better English !?: euphoria, but in dutch its ok)

That might be true for dutch fora, belgian forums are after all much better?

news = news
fora = forums
Fons

Comet

Post by Comet »

Trust me - in English the plural is forums, not fora!!
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

another small thing: when you submit news please use United Airlines blabla iso United blabla.

Some news-grabbers are only looking for the 2 words together iso the single United word ;-)

ciao,

Bart

C-117

Post by C-117 »

Using the two-word, e.g. United Airlines is an excellent tip - & - Coppermine is a great site!

Cheers!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

To give you a current example, people are looking for more information about 'belgiumexel', well if you check this: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... elgiumexel gives luchtzak first and second place. If André sn26567 didn't put 'Belgiumexel' in the title the article would disappear in anonimity but now it has loads of views!

greetz,

Bart

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Agree, and by using more common names, the site will become more friendly for non aviation professionals.

Unless you're in the airline business, EBBR is unknown (the travel trade uses BRU).

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

LX-LGX wrote: Unless you're in the airline business, EBBR is unknown (the travel trade uses BRU).
True, the airport codes used on flight tickets and baggage labels are the IATA 3 letter codes , where-as the other 4 letter code is the ICAO code.

IATA=International Air Transport Authority
ICAO=International Civil Aviation Organisation