SN sells its economy seats

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
cathay belgium

SN sells its economy seats

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

For those which are intrested : SN posted this message on their facebook page for their AVGEEKS ! :
So if you are intrested to buy any please contact SN via their facebooks fanpage !

I quote SN :

Dear Aviation friends ;) ,

as you know, Brussels Airlines is currently replacing the existing Economy seats of their A319s by lighter seats. To the benefit of the environment and to support a good cause, we are selling as many seats as possible to give them a second life.
Before selling them off to a vendor, we thought some of you might be interested in buying such a triple seat and we therefore want to give you the first opportunity to buy. The price per triple seat is set at €100 (staff price).

All revenues of this sales go entirely to the SOS Childrens' Villages in Kigali and Bujumbura (as part of our b.foundation biking trip in Africa)

Contact me if you are interested!

So good luck SN, as I see some seats being sold on ebay it can be a fair price I guess,
and to complete your aviation memorablia !

CX-B
Last edited by sn26567 on 01 May 2011, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title corrected
New types flown 2022.. A339

FlightMate

Re: SN sells their economy seats

Post by FlightMate »

Can't find the info. Is it still on FB?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Please put your request on the facebook page of Brussels Airways,
I guess they will contact you..
The info was only given for those people which joined the Korongo BAE146 flight but
I was told that I could post the request on luchtzak.be for other fans..

Success !

CX-B

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Actually, it's mainly an internal offer to staff in support of the Brussels Airlines sponsored b.foundation which is a self-created non-profit organisation of SN, aimed at helping out local development initiatives in the SN destinations in Africa.

Yep, social responsibility is a popular feel-good topic to fill your inflight magazine with these days and this initiative is one of them... If you fly LH for instance, they can't refrain from mentioning their help-alliance and similarly, SN has its own foundation too now. :roll:

Anyway, the offer is real, but I am not sure it's really open to the wider public really?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Indeed tolepane it was for staff and for help to their foundation for AFI,
but they wanted to give the possibility also to the aviation enthousiasts community in Belgium,
therefor SN told me that I could post it on luchtzak.be .
Offcourse I guess for now luchtzak.be hasn't a wider public than this targetgroup :lol: !

I guess their are enough seats available for anyone with intrest as you see how many planes will
be equipped again ..
Not all aviationfans have the right female in their house which will allow a 3flightseats row somewhere
in their house :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CX-B

PS: Tolepane nice avatar ( again ), but is there a reason why SN is in the middle or third in row ?
I guess I get why BMI is the last in row ;)

flywithUs

Post by flywithUs »

Hello,

Does someone know if SN plans to sell the seats of their Avro's when they'll phase them out?

bruteboeing

Post by bruteboeing »

No, these seats will stay with the airplane after the EOL check.
Flown on: Boeing: 737 - 757 - 767- 777 | Avro: RJ85 RJ100 | MD-11 | L1011 | CRJ900 | Fokker 70 | Saab 2000

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

FWIW, they will even have to re-install the footrests which they took out a couple of years ago to save some kilograms and which they have kept in storage for all that time....

bruteboeing

Post by bruteboeing »

tolipanebas wrote:FWIW, they will even have to re-install the footrests which they took out a couple of years ago to save some kilograms and which they have kept in storage for all that time....

nope, not true :-)
Flown on: Boeing: 737 - 757 - 767- 777 | Avro: RJ85 RJ100 | MD-11 | L1011 | CRJ900 | Fokker 70 | Saab 2000

tolipanebas

Re: SN sells its economy seats

Post by tolipanebas »

haha, they must have missed that item on their checklist then! :p

bruteboeing

Re: SN sells its economy seats

Post by bruteboeing »

tolipanebas wrote:haha, they must have missed that item on their checklist then! :p
at least something they missed :lol: