USA loses contact with experimental airplane

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

regi

USA loses contact with experimental airplane

Post by regi »

they have lost the second prototype of this high speed airplane.
It means they could find it back.
Hurry up I would say, or at the next parade in Bejing we will see a "yellow" copy. :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14497641

galaxy

Re: USA loses contact with experimental airplane

Post by galaxy »

regi wrote:Hurry up I would say, or at the next parade in Bejing we will see a "yellow" copy. :)
We know what happened with copies such the Concordsky and also the selfmade yellow coffin cars. :?

earthman

Post by earthman »

The Chinese would be wise to wait with copying the thing until the USA figures out how to make it actually work.

regi

Post by regi »

earthman wrote:The Chinese would be wise to wait with copying the thing until the USA figures out how to make it actually work.
Their high speed trains are halted after the train crash. :roll:

I am just thinking about the B-29 that was copied by the Soviets as a Tu-4.
There is a conspiracy theory that says that the USA deliberately let a B-29 make an emergency landing in the USSR, so that the Soviets could copy early computer technology. :shock:
Imagine that the USA would come out of the war with an enormous technological advantage. No more real enemy, very bad for the military industry!
Just thinking...

earthman

Post by earthman »

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

regi

Post by regi »

earthman wrote:Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
That conspiracy theory is not mine. I just refer to it. Don't worry, I am not such a nut case :)
Look back in military history of the Cold war. The USA drove the soviets crazy, and made them bankrupt, by launching all kind of extremely expensive new programs. And the soviets thought they had to copy those programs. The major blows were the installation of the cruise missiles on several launching systems ( land/ship/air) combined with the anouncement of the Star Wars program under Reagan. At that moment the soviets realised they had lost the weapon race.
But the western military was more afraid of the unknown, new weapon systems of the soviets:
  • Some aircraft (Mig-25 +31) urged the west to change its air defence.
    unknown technology on stealth submarines, super speed torpedoes
    satellite killer rockets
    ballistic missiles which could change course during flight
    and so much beloved on all fora: the Caspian Sea Monster.
The Chinese launched several products to prove that they are on par with the west. But it hardly raised an eyebrow ( "Been there, done that") But 1 item is different: the aircraft carrier killer rocket, which the west does not have because its usual adversaries don't have aircraft carriers. This single weapon forces the USA to review its entire Pacific theatre strategy, especially what Taiwan concerns.
So it was time for the USA to show something expensive that nobody else has: a weapon that can strike within an hour anywhere in the world.
If the Chinese want to counter this superplane, they have to go into space. And that is where the USSR lost its money ( as well as in Afghanistan :roll: )

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

The Chinese want to be on the Moon in 2024...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_space_program

earthman

Post by earthman »

They will fail, then they will build a copy of the moon and land on that instead.

regi

Post by regi »

TCAS_climb wrote:The Chinese want to be on the Moon in 2024...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_space_program
me too :)

regi

Post by regi »

earthman wrote:They will fail, then they will build a copy of the moon and land on that instead.
this one made my day. :lol:

regi

Post by regi »

earthman wrote:The Chinese would be wise to wait with copying the thing until the USA figures out how to make it actually work.
see my new post about the Chinese investigatigng the tail of the crashed BH chopper.

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

regi wrote:
earthman wrote:They will fail, then they will build a copy of the moon and land on that instead.
this one made my day. :lol:
mine too :D