VLM joins ERA

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

VLM joins ERA

Post by sn26567 »

Belgian carrier, VLM Airlines, has joined the European Regions Airline Association (ERA), making it the bodies 49th member.

Director general of ERA, Simon McNamara, commented: "The addition of VLM to ERA's membership is great news. ERA's directorate and members are looking forward to working with the airline on the many issues that affect the European regional aviation community and to explore new and exciting market opportunities."

VLM Airlines started operations in May 1993 with a scheduled service between Antwerp Airport (where it is based) and London City Airport. The airline employs over 300 people and carried 800,000 passengers in 2013.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flyuli

Re: VLM joins ERA

Post by Flyuli »

unless I'm mistaken , as far as VLM airlines still exist i doubt that she's a belgian company today..

RoMax

Re: VLM joins ERA

Post by RoMax »

Flyuli wrote:unless I'm mistaken , as far as VLM airlines still exist i doubt that she's a belgian company today..
VLM Airlines still exists as an airline and it does operate under a Belgian AOC (hence the Belgian registrated F-50's). They do not have Belgian owners, but that has been the case even way before they were rebranded to CityJet. But I clearly say 'rebranded', because the company itself is still VLM Airlines (one of the signs is that their Fokkers fly with small "operated by flyVLM stickers next to the front door").

CityJet was already a member of ERA for a long time, that VLM now became a seperate member to me indicates that the new owner of 'the Cityjet group' is not planning to further merge the two airlines to make it one Ireland based airline instead of two airlines operating under the same brand.