Flight out of Grimbergen

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

tangolima

Flight out of Grimbergen

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Can somebody help me finding a good contact to do an air baptism (luchtdoop) out of Grimbergen?

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
All my posted timings are local !

jan_olieslagers

Re: Flight out of Grimbergen

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I particularly recommend Vliegclub Grimbergen , but the Sabena Flying club should do ok, too. Both can be found on http://www.rvg.be

To do such a flight properly, i.e. with the required insurance &c requires an operator with the proper certification; and I can't imagine any organisation except the flying clubs to hold such a certificate. I also think the pilot needs to carry a CPL but can't be sure.

The alternative is to hang around there on any good flying day and get into talk with any pilot, and inquire whether she/he will take you and/or your company up as guests. Mind you, you will be allowed to contribute to the cost of the flight, in this case, but the pilot will be disallowed to accept any personal compensation.

Sabena320

Re: Flight out of Grimbergen

Post by Sabena320 »

jan_olieslagers wrote:I also think the pilot needs to carry a CPL but can't be sure.
If it falls under the same regulation as the one I'm aware of, then the pilot should indeed have a CPL licence and the maximum flight time is 1hour.