Any chance for a new belgian company?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Megaman

Re: Any chance for a new belgian company?

Post by Megaman »

I fear that with the death Of Victor Hasson a few years ago (co-founder of EBA (which became Virgin express), City Bird, Birdy (sold later to SN Brussels), Belgium lost one of the only people willing to take the challenge and there is little hope for a new Belgian Flag Carrier. But never say never.

I always wondered when some fool (or visionary, depending on the outcome of the adventure) would re-start Sabena Operations from CRL. The brand is still attractive and using it in the south of the country does not create any cultural/political issues.

I also heard in some interview some time ago for the anniversary of BSCA, that they were not a long haul destination ... YET. Maybe that's a lead...

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

Why not a low belgian company from CRL to long haul destinations?
With experienced Sabena staff.(America, South America, Africa such as Johannesburg, Cape Town,...)

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

Shanti wrote:Why not a low belgian company from CRL to long haul destinations?
With experienced Sabena staff.(America, South America, Africa such as Johannesburg, Cape Town,...)
Runway too short ?
Passenger terminal overcrowded ?

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

TAF wrote:Some further info that can be released...

Good news was received as for the lease of the aircraft!!

If there is any help possible via this forum to find some staff that would be great!!! Ideal would be with some experience in aviation of course... following positions would still need to be filled:

- cabin crew
- Commercial / Sales Manager
- Operations Dept Manager

To be continued!!
And you are the HR-manager recruiting via luchtzak.be? Great! Where can we find terms & conditions?

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

A very good question!

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

teddybAIR wrote:Where can we find terms & conditions?
www.beontopthenextgeneration.be ? :lol:

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

cnc

Post by cnc »

cathay belgium wrote: http://www.beontopthenextgeneration.be ? :lol:

CX-B
why do you always have to make such remarks :roll:
from what i heard it would be like VLM/cityjet but i'm not sure how reliable that information is

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Cnc,

I'm very sorry,..
But do you believe really that there will be another ( profitable ) new belgian company soon?
In this economic climate ?
If there are opportunities to furfill in belgium,why didn't SN - EZY - FR - AF(cityjet) - JAF already put these
in their system.. ( or are these carriers just not so smart to open these routes themselves )
Another VLM... competing with VLM - SN - FR -... good luck..
Besides another VLM something like beontop,wingsovermaastricht,... the quietness of these would be airlines proves my realistic doubts I guess..
Therefor my remark.. or we're on again for weeks of blabla without ANY real remark/point..
Don't you feel the same questionmark as before with these posts ??

Hoping I'm very wrong, but whishing each project good-luck..they will need every bit of it..

But why doesn't he/she post some REAL info in first case.. like mister Stelios ;)
He has a website,publicity and a real background we all knew of..
What have we here ?? cnc ???

That's my point, UNTIL then ... making fun of these non-topics is allowed, I guess.. mods ??

CX-B

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

There is definitely some room left for a "niche" carrier and for some "niche" routes to and from BRU. If you look at the unexploited Origin and Destination potential/citypairs that have no airlink to/from BRU, I think a niche player can be successful.

BRU has a few airlinks to some cities with low O&D traffic, yet some other O&D destinations with bigger potentials are left aside. I think any new company can be successful there.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

cnc wrote: from what i heard it would be like VLM/cityjet but i'm not sure how reliable that information is
From BRU or ANR? I already heard a few years ago of a potential new startup in BE (with key people and investors who made it already in aviation), however I guess the GFC didn't help it...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Kabila, indeed there are some good routes left ( bordeaux ? ) but you need more than one bird - you have daily return flights weekly and what with the low hours routes, standing still , nights for maintenance, publicity and crews and sales management aiaiai and rumours that sn will buy some props in the near future... Nice routes isnt everything for a start up airliner... Cxb

cnc

Post by cnc »

cathay belgium wrote:Kabila, indeed there are some good routes left ( bordeaux ? ) but you need more than one bird - you have daily return flights weekly and what with the low hours routes, standing still , nights for maintenance, publicity and crews and sales management aiaiai and rumours that sn will buy some props in the near future... Nice routes isnt everything for a start up airliner... Cxb
see this is your problem. you try to compare everything to SN.
an emirates or abelag (to give just 2 examples) model wouldn't work for SN either you know?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Emirates model for a new start up airline :roll:
Abelag ok,this could work,but more a OLT kind ?,we 'll see what the future brings..
Just want to remark that there are many many very hard difficult steps to be made to turning something into a profitable airliner,I don't see it happen soon in this economic climates,but life is for them who dares no ?:mrgreen:
cxb
Last edited by cathay belgium on 27 Sep 2011, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

SNam

Post by SNam »

Hello,

It is a shame to see that some people here on this forum always have to criticize new ideas, projects and other stuff. And only because they think they know whats good or wrong.

Please, give it a chance! Maybe they found the gap in the market, maybe they are missing something they think could work, instead of laughing this away, you should support people with ideas and have the courage to start something.

I hope this project will amaze some people with an interesting business model, maybe they think of a charter airline or something completely different. Only they can tell.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Greetings,

Sam

cnc

Post by cnc »

cathay belgium wrote:emirates model for a new start up airline :roll:
abelag ok,this could work,but more a OLT kind ?,we ll see what the future brings..
just want to remark that there are many many very hard difficult steps to be made to turning something into a profitable airliner,I don't see it happen soon in this economic climates,but lifevif for them who dares no :mrgreen:
cxb
emirates and abelag are examples of airlines different to SN's model, i never said anything about a new airline copying it.
and about your remark, no offence but you are an aviation enthusiast...

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

SNam wrote: It is a shame to see that some people here on this forum always have to criticize new ideas, projects and other stuff.
Did you follow the BeonTop soap? Its hard not to criticize if there is no real information, no real website, only rumours and "next week more" blabla. If you are a professional person (I'm speaking in general), linked to a new airline, then act professional and give real info, but that's not happening here so far.

SNam

Post by SNam »

Okay you are right, absolutely right, but still why always the immediate criticism?
Doesn't everything starts with rumours and spreading limited information?
The BeOnTop soap? Maybe he spread to much information or he did too much effort to make it look real?

For me there is nothing wrong with spreading limited information, rumours or other stuff, this could be a marketing trick, no?
But on the other hand recruiting in such way is not really done, especially for manager roles.

Greetings,

cnc

Post by cnc »

SNam wrote: But on the other hand recruiting in such way is not really done, especially for manager roles.
why not? it happens a lot via facebook. besides its collecting recruits, not recruiting.
welcome to the year 2011 8-)

TAF

Post by TAF »

The goal to give information via Luchtzak is just to have a view or some small feedback on reactions from 'real' aviation enthousiasts. It is just to check what the reaction would be here...

Of course we do work very hard behind the screens for the moment and this also includes a website, recruiting staff, etc etc. But I can inform you that these are just small items in the whole process of starting up an airline.

The intention would be to fulfill a niche market where we do believe there is traffic needed, there are passengers to transport and hopefully some money can be made!

We'd love to give all information in an open book now but unfortunately it is to soon, however if anything can be released we will let it know via this forum as well!!

The start-up is serious!! A base is nearly confirmed, aircraft type has been chosen, house branding is being created...

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Yet, you are seeking an 'ops department manager', which I can only translate to something meaningful by using the more appropritate term: 'director of flight operations'?

A Director of Flight Operations is a mandatory post holder, you know?
Meaning that without a name filled in on the dotted line -somebody who is approved by the Civil Aviation Authorities up first- you can't even apply for an all important Airline Operating Certificate.

If you're indeed still seeking a Director of Flight Operations, you still have a very long way to go as applying for an AOC should be the very first step to bring any airline off the sketchboard and into the skies: any branding etc which you say is being done right now can wait. Get an AOC first. It's relatively cheap to get, but a very though nut to crack both technically and operationally.