myths and mistakes

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
regi

myths and mistakes

Post by regi »

I launch this subject because a week ago, a friend who flies a lot- and I mean A LOT - was telling me some of experiences, and it all seemed so strange and wrong to me.
Detail: he mostly flies KLM. He is convinced that his miles are added with his points earned by Swiss and LH , because they all are in the same group. :shock:
I tried to tell this person that he mixed up Star Alliance and Sky Team, and Miles & More.
Nope, he was really convinced about his own right idea.
He even told me that he always enjoys seeing the large print on the KLM planes "member of Star Alliance" :roll:

I gave up argueing, useless if somebody is really convinced, and it is not my problem if he is happy with that.

First of all, I checked if he could be right after all - you never know that there would be a airplane with Star Alliance on it flying for KLM. Couldn't find anything on Airliners or Wiki.

So therefor this subject: statements and myths that lead to mistakes, just because of the personnal idea of a stubborn person. Aviation related please.

I guess we will see here appear some quite funny stories. ( like people who step out of an airplane at the other side of the world as what they had thought )
And please, let us abstain from former hostilities with ex members , members and ex members again. ;)

YYZ727

Re: myths and mistakes

Post by YYZ727 »

regi wrote: ( like people who step out of an airplane at the other side of the world as what they had thought )
You mean like the German couple who thought that they had bought tickets to Sydney, Australia and arrived in Sydney, Nova Scotia....

regi

Re: myths and mistakes

Post by regi »

YYZ727 wrote:
regi wrote: ( like people who step out of an airplane at the other side of the world as what they had thought )
You mean like the German couple who thought that they had bought tickets to Sydney, Australia and arrived in Sydney, Nova Scotia....
yes things like that . :)