Airport code

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

liebensd

Airport code

Post by liebensd »

Biac has improved their website about airports on the web. Now are not just only the airports that are connected with Brussels displayed but all of them.

http://www.biac.be/airports_web/

Greetz,

Dave

Avro

Post by Avro »

Wow, Biac has done a good job :!:

I it would be great if they could put the regs of the belgian aircrafts on the arrival and departure list. This isn't impossible, Sabena had this on there site?
What do you guys think of it :?:

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I it would be great if they could put the regs of the belgian aircrafts on the arrival and departure list.
Not only Belgian aircraft, but ALL aircraft. This should certainly be possible. FRA had, a few years ago, information screens throughout the airport where the regs were displayed.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Re: Airport code

Post by sn26567 »

liebensd wrote:Biac has improved their website about airports on the web. Now are not just only the airports that are connected with Brussels displayed but all of them.

http://www.biac.be/airports_web/
Great job indeed, Dave. But you mention the site of BIAC as www.biac.be. This works certainly correctly, but BIAC themselves prefer to advertise it as www.brusselsairport.be
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

FRA had, a few years ago, information screens throughout the airport where the regs were displayed
Screens were still there in the beginning of July.

Very interesting + informative!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

There are not SO much airports with a website, the 5 important airports of belgium haves one, so go go Belgium.

Antwerp:
www.antwerpairport.be
Ostend:
www.ostendairport.be
Brussels:
www.biac.be or www.brusselsairport.be
Liege:
www.liegeairport.be
Charleroi:
www.charleroi-airport.com

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I think BIAC indeed must put the regs of all airplanes for Arrival/Departure.

The flat screens in the A-pier are very nice!

What will happend with the C-Pier? Will they make a new pier of it? :wink:

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

BIVA wrote: What will happend with the C-Pier? Will they make a new pier of it?
Cool, now is Brussels allready the modernst airport of Europe,but if they restore the C pier, then i think its the modernst airport of the world!!

Greetingzz
Sonny

744rules

Post by 744rules »

I think it shouldn't be a problem to put all the regs in the screen as all handlingagents (SNBA, AVP, DHL, Abelag,.....) and Canac have them. It think it's just a matter of output/display. I cannot imagine any reason why NOT putting them. Of course BRU/BIAC is not known for being the most spottersfriendly airport.

About the c-pier. As mainly commuter-aircraft are parked there, why not pulling it down. On the other hand I've noticed that only a few years ago they have installed a hydrant fueling system, but this was way before 9/11 and sars. Everybody knows that all traffic has gone down since then.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

744rules wrote:I think it shouldn't be a problem to put all the regs in the screen. I cannot imagine any reason why NOT putting them.
Well, I think that they put only the information that is useful for travellers. It is the same at every airport in the world.

In FRA, the regs are only on information screens that the user must manipulate, which not everyone is familiar with.

Adding the regs in BRU would mean installing such specific screens at various areas throughout the airport, an invetsment that is not immediately profitable...
Last edited by sn26567 on 26 Aug 2003, 10:29, edited 2 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

But they don't have to put the regs on the screens in the airport, it's enough if they just do it on their site. We should probably write an e-mail to BIAC and ask them.
By the way Sabena had this and it was great.

For the C-pier: Why not transforming the C-pier in an executive pier. We don't have to forget that the number of such mouvments will increase in the future, because the E.U. is growing.

Ciao
Chris
8)
[/u]