Meeting tonight's eclipse flight (SN 1022) + regs needed

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Avro

Meeting tonight's eclipse flight (SN 1022) + regs needed

Post by Avro »

I will be at the check in row 4 (SN) at around 20h.

I hope to see some of you guys there ;)

Unfortunately, the seats were allready assigned in the plane and my brother and myself will be in 8D and 9D (no window :cry: :cry: :cry: ). But I'll try to switch with the person sitting in my row and having the window :)

Greetz
Chris
8)
Last edited by Avro on 05 May 2004, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

The incheck will be around 20.30 (delayed) and I am easy to recognise I am 13 years old with a nikon f65 :)
Mirror

Avro

Post by Avro »

brusselsairport wrote:The incheck will be around 20.30 (delayed) and I am easy to recognise I am 13 years old with a nikon f65 :)
No problem, I'll still be there at 20h to have plenty of time at the airport :mrgreen:

Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

First of all: have a great flight and sight of the eclipse guys!!

Chris: you are very lucky with row 8: they will most probably ask to switch seats during certain stages of the flight with your neighbour, and very important: row 8 is one of those convertible C-Y rows, which means C-class seatpitch!

The last rows of the A319 are very cramped...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Airborne

Post by Airborne »

Enjoy your flight and don't forget to make some nice pics :wink:

Greetzzz,
Kristof :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for your kind words guys ;)

I will certainly make some pics, but it won't be easy with that weather and the darkness to make nice shots of the plane :)

I confirm that we'll regularely switch during the flight, but what I ment is that a window seat would have been better for the T/O or Landing.

Greetz
Chris
8)

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

i hope you can take some nice pics :D
here @ flight level 0, there wil be not mutch to see of that mooneclips :?
anyway, enjoy your flight :cool2:

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Hi All,
I find it very pitty that this was not announced earlier on the forum. I to was interesed but I didnot know there was an organized flight for this.
So guys, please, next time some news about planed fligths asap.
Thanks,
Karl

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

It was a nice flight :thumbsup:

Great views of the sunset and the eclips .. .. .. from the cockpit 8)

some pics I made before boardin/take-off:

Our "eclips-taxi"[/img]

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

From the cockpit? How dit you do that? ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I saw the report on VRT-TV this morning. They showed some of the people on board. Did any of you recognise himself? As I don't know your faces, I could not, unfortunately, recognise anybody.
André
ex Sabena #26567

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Hi all, it was a wonderful flight. I had a lot of fun and I filmed most of what I saw.

The eclipse was beautiful, very bright red and then it got darker and darker (I'm sure Avro's got some pics of that.)

The cockpit was open during the whole flight :) , as the TV crews were filiming the eclipse from the cockpit , and also interviewing the Urania organizing people. So I got lucky and went up to the cockpit in the end, and I filmed some eclipse and Venus from there. :D 8)

The guy from Urania was very lucky, because he had the chance to do all the flight in the cockpit, so that he could make announcments to everybody.

I'll try to make a more detailed report later on (with some pics)

If you have some time, watch VTM and VRT today (13h) they each had 3 people on board to film and report this flight...

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

It was nice to meet Bottie :D

Air_Lac

Post by Air_Lac »

It was indeed a most interesting flight.

The flight took off from Brussels airport at 21h41 (runway 25R) and we landed at 22h47 (on runway 25R again).

The flight took us to the North Sea Coast of Belgium where several loops were flown between Coxyde and Knokke.

The clouds were very high, and the pilots requested a special permission to fly into upper air space. The cruise level was eventually 27,000 ft. We got nevertheless to see most of the coast line.

The eclipse was very well visible, while on the other side one could see a nice red sky.

The aircraft was absolutely packed, not one seat left over. Thanks to the organisers and the pilot, 3 people on the waitinglist were eventually allowed on board (two people did not turn up and the captain offered the jumpseat to a responsible/organiser of the flight - Urania Volkssterrewacht)...I was one of the lucky three :-) - I just gave it a chance by turning up at the airport.

The aircraft was an Airbus A-319-112 (OO-SSG / c/n 1160)

The comments from the cockpit (captain and the Urania-responsible) were excellent and very informative.

The crew was very friendly and indulgent with the passengers moving around the aircraft like ants ;-) and especially with the TV-crews! They even managed to serve drinks to all passengers only 12 minutes before landing.

Many thanks go to the organisers (Urania Volkssterrewacht) and SNBA.

I tried to take some pictures - but I think tey did not turn out very well, any one who would have pictures - please put them on this site (or an appropriate link...)

Air_Lac

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

If this counts : I heared the Stail 1022 on my scanner :lol:

Saw it on the news, must be wonderful, wil do it next time :!:

Show some pics :lol:

Rutger
Tot hier en verder

Avro

Post by Avro »

I've just posted the trip report (as promized) in the appropriate section of the site:

https://www.aviation24.be/postp38692.html#38692

Greetz
Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

I find it very pitty that this was not announced earlier on the forum. I to was interesed but I didnot know there was an organized flight for this.
So guys, please, next time some news about planed fligths asap.
Karl,

This was allready announced on this site !!!!!
sn26567 wrote:I saw the report on VRT-TV this morning. They showed some of the people on board. Did any of you recognise himself? As I don't know your faces, I could not, unfortunately, recognise anybody.
I had my Luchtzak T-shirt on, it shouldn't be difficult to recognize that ;)

Air_Lac,

I didn't saw you :( . Where were you sitting in the plane ?????

Greetz
Chris

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Avro wrote:
I had my Luchtzak T-shirt on, it shouldn't be difficult to recognize that ;)

Greetz
Chris
Nope, it wasn't difficult to recognise you ;)

Avro

Post by Avro »

As I allready said in another topic, I missed some regs when I was at the airport yesterday.

I saw a BMI A320 taking off at around 20h30, I suppose it was G-MIDT ??? can anyone confirm !!!

Then I saw a CSA B737 taking off also at around 20h30

I also saw the Helvetic F-100.

When I arrived at the airport I saw a Lithuanian turboprop sitting near the old C-PIer, but couldn't see the type neiother the reg.

Thanks for the help
Chris

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Avro wrote:As I allready said in another topic, I missed some regs when I was at the airport yesterday.

I saw a BMI A320 taking off at around 20h30, I suppose it was G-MIDT ??? can anyone confirm !!!

Thanks for the help
Chris
Jups, G-MIDT.

grtz,

Bottie

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

Here are my pics (not so good and the most are ''mislukt'')

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/thumbnails.php?album=155
Mirror