Where do you think Ryanair will go to,if to leave Charleroi?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Total votes: 0

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

If ryanair is to leave Charleroi, I think they will set a new HUB at Paris
Beauvais. I still hope they can get Charleroi privatised, because I don't think that an employer like ryanair should be leaving Belgium.

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

sean1982 wrote:If ryanair is to leave Charleroi, I think they will set a new HUB at Paris Beauvais. I still hope they can get Charleroi privatised, because I don't think that an employer like ryanair should be leaving Belgium.
Sean, Are you employed by RYR? I can understand this is on your mind, then.
RYR needs volume, so I would say in an area where it can scoop that volume. And preferably without too much competitors. So I tend to say France.
But I remember a dossier, where CRL was to be privatized with an Italian company and in that dossier this company would have liked confirmation that the runway could be prolonged.
So CRL might subsidise this privatisation by paying for that prolongation before selling it off?
In that case RYR and many others might stay or come.... Read my lips...

danieln

Post by danieln »

Sean,
Why putting Oslo Torp in your shortlist? Are there signs that Ryanair would like to open a base there?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ryanair is going to be my employer shortly. I'm starting my training as cabin crew in 2 weeks. I don't know my base yet so closing charleroi wouldn't be a disaster. Just unpleasant. :D

The reason I'm putting Oslo Torp in there is because Ryanair is already flying there and Michael O'Leary always said that if he had to close charleroi he woul move the staff and the airplane to another airport near a country's capital.

TWA

Post by TWA »

If they ever might consider to relocate, which btw I think they never will, they might go to Lille, France iso Beauvais.
Lille is the nearest non-Belgian option with great infrastructure, accessibility and high densely populated area.
Is there already a low fare airline based at Lille Airport?

TWA

JetB

Post by JetB »

Sean, the chance Ryanair is going to place you in Chaleroi is small, they need staff and cabin crew in London Stansted.
You have to pay for your training first and a few day's in to your training you know where your going to be based.
So your choice is "do what they say = move to Stansted" / "you dont like it !, you lost your money".
Sean please dont understand me wrong, I hope you can start at there Chaleroi base. Because moving and living in the London area is not cheap...... To many candidates would not start there training, thats why Ryanair keeps there priorities queit.

Ryanair is going to stay in Chaleroi, maybe not as a base..... but definitely as a destination.

One thing Ryanair needs is a strong union to protect there workers. :idea:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

As BobClaes implied, you forgot one choice in your poll: Charleroi.

I do not think they will leave CRL, even if they get an EU sentence. Simply the flights from CRL will become a little more expensive.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TWA

Post by TWA »

Exactly André, those FR flights will still be cheaper than its Belgian competitors.
And many Belgians have found their way to CRL now.
I have to admit that I also fly with them from time to time, eventhough I know that they destroy the aviation-business throughout Europe.

TWA

A318

Post by A318 »

Well imho I should say Eindhoven.
They know damn good that a lot of passengers in CRL are dutch and they want to keep them coming.
Since the Amsterdam area is to expensive and Rotterdam will be the base of Basiq Air the best option they have in Holland is Eindhoven since they are already flying from there.
Maybe Maastricht but there is a huge competition.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal