SNBA to JFK ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

flyexel

SNBA to JFK ?

Post by flyexel »

Hey,

A lot of rumours are that SNBA will open a route between BRU-JFK in the evening.This due to the high demand of American Airlines and touristbureau's.
Some of you who have more info on this ?

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I'd be pretty surprised to see an SN aircraft operate it. Possibly more codeshare stuff?

Emirates

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

That would be very nice and good for BRu
But they don't have the planes ( and the money ? )

But these are rumours so we could only wait and see.
I would suprise my very much.
Best regards,

Airbuske

zillox

Post by zillox »

That would be great. But I thaught that they haven`t had a reserve plane ready? Which plane do they going to use? The A330? :?
Finally belgium planes will land a American airport.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Is it SNBA or AA that will open that evening route? At this moment I only believe that AA can do this job.

It gives good potential. This flight can also attract pax who lost their flight in a foreign country.

This reminds me also of a rumour, indeed a rumour and I don't liked it but still, that CO was interested in an evening flight from BRU to Newark.

flyexel

Post by flyexel »

AA has no spare planes to do this operation,so they are asking for over 1 year that SN could do this route with their own planes.

It's a fact that the NBO route of SN isn't profitable and know with the KGL crisis....

Let's hope!

TWA

Post by TWA »

I guess we still have to wait a little while till the CEO will announce the new business plan by the end of this month.

By the way, I still don't understand why Sir Branson came to the corporate village last month and why he wanted to know the sn-staff better. If he would have sold his shares of the SN-air holding we would have heared it by now. A lot of employees guess that he has some other plans with Brussels and SN-V.

Anyway I hope it will be very promising, Brussels has become the best airport in Europe, now the only thing we need is a big home carrier, serving less Africa and more America and Asia.
Last edited by TWA on 10 Mar 2006, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

TWA wrote: I guess we still have to wait a little while till the CEO will announce the new business plan by the end of this month.

By the way, I still don't understand why Sir Branson came to the corporate village last month and why he wanted to know the sn-staff better. If he would have sold his shares of the SN-air holding we would have heard it by now. A lot of employees guess that he has some other plans with Brussels and SN-V.

Maybe was the visit part of the announcement by the end of this month. Sir Richard Branson don't come only for a nice chat or selling some stocks. When he comes there is business.

And then we can ask ourselfs why are there rumours about SNBA and "possible" new destinations? Where is smoke there is a fire. But you need the aircraft and SNBA hasn't it. The last news was about a "possible" decrease of the fleet.

Avro

Post by Avro »

The best thing we can do is wait and see. Just a few more weeks and we'll know the new business plan.

As for the second JFK flight, it is certainly a flight which could have some potential. Especially seeing the bookings of the current JFK link AA/SN have...

Chris

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi everybody.
And don't forget that AA lost there Zurich hub they will need to replace it.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

And why not in cooperation with Virgin Atlantic?

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

TWA wrote: Anyway I hope it will be very promising, Brussels has become the best airport in Europe, now the only thing we need is a big home carrier, serving less Africa and more America and Asia.
I am not sure if it would be wise to decrease Africa. Add a minimum to Asia and or US would be good ...

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

flyexel wrote:
It's a fact that the NBO route of SN isn't profitable and know with the KGL crisis....
Where did you get this information? Of course there are the problems in Kigali (like there were problems before in Kinshasa, Abidjan, Monrovia, ...). This does not mean there is no potential.

Danny

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Airbus330lover wrote:And why not in cooperation with Virgin Atlantic?

I was thinking the same for a second... but than again why would Branson sell Virgin first to SN and than offer SN/VEX a 747 or a340. So it sounds really crazy.

Either way it would certainly be nice to see SN expanding 8)

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Maybe an agreement with AA would be nice:
sn develops Africa on behalf of AA and AA contributes to bring in the flow.
But maybe too simplistic ?
And yes indeed this is not the first african crisis
In my view the east african market is key to sn especially in the scenario of a partnership such I mentionned.
And yes sn should really think about expansion !

TWA

Post by TWA »

AFApresident wrote:
Airbus330lover wrote:And why not in cooperation with Virgin Atlantic?

I was thinking the same for a second... but than again why would Branson sell Virgin first to SN and than offer SN/VEX a 747 or a340. So it sounds really crazy.

Either way it would certainly be nice to see SN expanding 8)

I wouldn't mind to have a second Virgin Atlantic here in Belgium, Virgin European or Virgin Continental would sound nice.

Along with Singapore Airlines (which btw owns Virgin Atlantic for 49%) they are probably the the two best companies when talking about service.

On the other hand AA and VS don't match together (remember the NO WAY AA/BA markings on Virgin's 747's), and lumumba might be right: this would be the ideal opportunity for AA to turn BRU (besides LHR) into their new "continental" european hub , who knows even with direct connections to DFW and MIA.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Since SN and VEX will have too much medium haul planes after a merger (unless the unified company decides to open up many new routes in Europe) it might not be a wild guess to think SN flying this route with a modified A319 in a pure business configuration....

sensitive information removed

Also, on a separate topic:
Hainan has picked BRU as their new European destination and guess what? SN will code share on the Beijing route.

Avro

Post by Avro »

tolipanebas wrote:Since SN and VEX will have too much medium haul planes after a merger (unless the unified company decides to open up many new routes in Europe) it might not be a wild guess to think SN flying this route with a modified A319 in a pure business configuration....
That would even be better than adding an additional B767 on that route. hereby they would not add too much capacity, while adding more flexibility for the sensitive business pax.

It would certainly be nice. But converting an A319 to an LR version might cost quite some money. In addition to the modification you would need an ETOPS certification for the A319 of SN as well which might take some time...

But time will tell. And I suppose we'll know more about several plans at the end of this month.
SN will code share on the Beijing route.
That doesn't surprise me at all!! SN is codesharing every time they have the opportunity ;)

Chris

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

hasn't sn broke the record yet of airline with the most codeshares :-)

PAA

Post by PAA »

One point is, if you recall the 'great days' of the Atlantic Alliance (SN/DL/SR/OS), SN at the time did at the very end schedule an evening JFK flight. That of course was pretty muuch in connection with other sectors ( BRU CVG, 2* BRUATL, BRUEWR, BRUJFK noon flight) but one thing that I can guarantee for sure: an evening JFK flight was NOT a moneymaker. And if it wasn't at the time, I sincerely doubt SNBA can afford today such a risky operation. Market conditions have changed. Strict BRUJFK O&D market is not that extensive, and SNBA's brand name recognition and international footprint is far from what SN's used to be.
Seeing more and more US airline reconfiguring their fleet into international specfications, I'd be tempted to say that if an extra section was coming, that might very well come from AA...