How to start spotting @ EBBR

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

rotor

Post by rotor »

Yes, it was a topper yesterday...

First we tried the hill behind the refugee center at noon. Some nice take-offs there until the sun was getting in the wrong place. Not for my pictures but I couldn't find a place with shadow to sit, so yes, I'm red colored now :oops:

Later we moved to the 02 to catch some landings and indeed, they were nice there. I stayed until 23h, so I really enjoyed this day. Thanks for all the info...it was helpfull.

Just this question, when you are at the landings on 02 you hear the turbulence in the air approximately 30sec after the plane has past, it's a very spooky (X-files kind of) sound. If there is fog at that site, can you see the turbulence then ?

Thx all

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

You made some very nice pictures Rotor

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

I don't think you would be able to see the wake turbulence if there's fog...
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

I was last sunday at BRU (see topic Spottinglog 01/08/04).

I saw some very nice birds, but on which days I can see the most carriers? I know there is a site about AMS with all the carriers and days they are coming, nice for planning a trip. In other words what's the best day for spotting at BRU ?

Regards
Raymond

rotor

Post by rotor »

I forgot the url of my first spotting experience: :roll:

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/index.php?cat=10066

cka411

Post by cka411 »

I once saw a guy on the hill right behind runway 25R and next to 20. Does anyone know how to get to that spot?

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

i suppose you mean the anti-noise wall, .... for the moment it's not alowed to go up there with the works on the new "ringbaan" going on, you can get there tru the works, ore tru a hole in the fence on the grasfield next to the graveyard, but if security see you there, they'l send the police to chase you away :cry:
don't try it on a weekday ; whitin 10 minutes the police is there.
once the roadworks are done, this becomes a public area, but they wil probably put a fence to stop people from going up there.
so my advise ; don't go there :cry: now it's illigal (the area being private and a constuction site ) later probably off-limmits.

Jense

Post by Jense »

I must admit with what Vonsmalhausen says.

I once did it on a grey saturday... Altough I have some nice pics (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=313676 or http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=313686 or http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=313950)
of that day, it was a quite scarry day... Always watching out for the police or the BIAC-security, you're getting really tired after an hour spotting :wink: Afterwards, I spoked with some other spotters and they also said I had a quite lucky day... :P

So, I should wait until the works are done there and then try it...
Don't forget that if the cops or the security watched you, they can say you are responsable for the hole in the fence...

You better watch out there... :wink:

greettzzz

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

And... if the spotters behave maybe in the future BIAC will create a place somewhere around the airport where you can do excellent spotting without fences! Maybe...

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

luchtzak wrote:And... if the spotters behave maybe in the future BIAC will create a place somewhere around the airport where you can do excellent spotting without fences! Maybe...
I that could be true :thumbsup:

@Jense: just saw your signature: luckily for Bruges they have only one Timmy Simons, if they had several "Timmies" the score was probably 8-1 :twisted:

Jense

Post by Jense »

Bottie wrote:@Jense: just saw your signature: luckily for Bruges they have only one Timmy Simons, if they had several "Timmies" the score was probably 8-1 :twisted:
I better close my eyes for your message I think... :wink:

greettzzz