Brussels Airlines in 2023

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

crew1990

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2023

Post by crew1990 »

nordikcam wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 14:05
luchtzak wrote: 09 Oct 2023, 14:11
nordikcam wrote: 09 Oct 2023, 12:45 Without wanting to add more than is necessary, what is the point of large-scale advertising for SN'flights to New York ( abribus in Brussels ) if the flight to New York is canceled every day...? Curious !
Indeed, today's flight to New York has been cancelled. I just checked flightradar24 ( https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sn501 ) and during the last three months, the flight was cancelled three times. 3 out of 91 flights, or 3% of flights.

Although today's cancellation may be annoying for passengers and crew, it does not mean that SN will cancel this flight every day ;-) (and no, I don't work at SN)
That's true.I'm sad. I recognize the exaggeration but how many flights to Washington have been canceled? One in 2 in September and today Kinshasa Luanda. How many Douala? Dakar? I hope they don't open Nairobi as there are so many holes in the racket...Why do you think I gave up my status and my miles on SN? In Brussels South Station I' m suprised at the number of passengers who go to FIH via CDG. It's not serious, it's simple! Sadness ! Sadness ! Sadness !
And with 2 daily A320 from CDG to BRU sometimes even 3, how many Parisian travelling through BRU to connect to Africa... you can see it the other way around the only factor is prices and a flight "BRU"-CDG-FIH will often be cheaper than a direct BRU-FIH and the other way around.

Even if I admit that those cancellation look sometimes kind of messy, the regularity is actually very good, to give you some statistic 98.02% was the general regularity for september wich is above the industry. But yes sometimes flight need to be cancelled unless maybe you prefer to fly on an aircraft which is not safe to be flown or full of bed bugs (because yes sometimes aircraft are grounded for desinfection purpose too).

convair

Post by convair »

crew1990 wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 14:23 And with 2 daily A320 from CDG to BRU sometimes even 3, how many Parisian travelling through BRU to connect to Africa... you can see it the other way around the only factor is prices and a flight "BRU"-CDG-FIH will often be cheaper than a direct BRU-FIH and the other way around.

Even if I admit that those cancellation look sometimes kind of messy, the regularity is actually very good, to give you some statistic 98.02% was the general regularity for september wich is above the industry. But yes sometimes flight need to be cancelled unless maybe you prefer to fly on an aircraft which is not safe to be flown or full of bed bugs (because yes sometimes aircraft are grounded for desinfection purpose too).
Or even cheaper than the simple CDG-FIH, as experienced many time by French colleagues of mine who then took the train to Brussels-Midi/Zuid to join me for the AF trip via CDG!

BTW, JFK canceled again today.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

In a recent development, the Belgian government wants to repatriate about 180 Belgians from Israel. Most likely, Brussels Airlines will operate the repatriation flight.

fcw

Post by fcw »

convair wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 16:01 Or even cheaper than the simple CDG-FIH, as experienced many time by French colleagues of mine who then took the train to Brussels-Midi/Zuid to join me for the AF trip via CDG!
Exactly, this causes unnecessary congestion and pollution.
A simple law to allow skiplagging would solve this problem very quickly.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

OO-SFE is still stuck in EBB since Tuesday evening.

According to FR24 there was no flight planned for her on Wednesday 11OCT, but her unavailability led to :
= cancelling SN359 to FIH yesterday,
= cancelling SN277 to ACC/LFW today,
= cancelling SN501 to JFK tomorrow.

SN359 and 277 were cancelled simultaneously on Wednesday morning according to Flightstats.com
SN501 appears as cancelled on BRU web site but not yet on FlightStats.

Separately, SN369 to DLA/NSI that was to be operated by OO-SFX today is cancelled and reported as such on FlightStats also on Wednesday morning.

All other SN l/h services run normally.

H.A.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 10:29

H.A.
Sorry but a big big joke !

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

nordikcam wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 13:27
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 10:29

H.A.
Sorry but a big big joke !

Meaning: All 3 other l/h flights are ok.
Horrible airline.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

So guys, what's the point here?

If one of you does not like that SN is flying to NYC instead of landing in whatever bush, feel free to switch.
If you find it horrible, do not care - no one is forced to get an unwanted product.

Running an airline is a business and companies make rational judgement in resource allocation .

They might even not want to serve certain segments of demand.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

oldblueeyes wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 15:06
If you find it horrible, do not care - no one is forced to get an unwanted product.

Running an airline is a business and companies make rational judgement in resource allocation .
Obviously and it’s been done for a long time! The product does not exist or no longer exists! There you go, it’s a simple observation! At the time 3 SN flights booked on YYZ. In fact the first was made by AC via FRA, a second by 9W directly on YYZ at the time and the last by LH nor AC via MUC! It opened my eyes! Nothing is resolved...Sadness, sadness and sadness !

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

luchtzak wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 16:49 In a recent development, the Belgian government wants to repatriate about 180 Belgians from Israel. Most likely, Brussels Airlines will operate the repatriation flight.
Mommy Lufti has asked her subsidiary airlines to suspend the repatriation flights hence no SN flight to TLV tomorrow.

longwings

Post by longwings »

oldblueeyes wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 15:06 So guys, what's the point here?
Second this sentiment.

If we're having a daily report of what doesn't fly, can we have that in a separate thread for those who care?

Though I suspect none of those posts are intended to be informative...

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Totally agree, I would also add for the people checking every day flightradar to see how many flight SN has cancelled, could you also if your objectif is not to bash SN do the same for other airlines too? Just as a matter of fairness.

redeye

Post by redeye »

Couldn't agree more. This section should never become a good news show for SN. However, the daily bashing from a handful of grumps, some retired "journalists"who know very well how to blow facts out of proportion, how to manipulate readers by claiming their yearly trips are tenfold of what they are in reality, how to delusionally threaten not to use the airline any more (and, funnily, are surprised that SN is doing relatively well despite their refusal to fly with them) is just utterly pathetic. Stop this political and cultural agenda, get a life or look for a beancounting hobby! Or indeed set up a new section "Airline bashing-all inclusive".

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Everybody is free to create a new topic in this foum. Go ahead if you think it's useful!
André
ex Sabena #26567

fcw

Post by fcw »

redeye wrote: 14 Oct 2023, 10:31 Couldn't agree more. This section should never become a good news show for SN. However, the daily bashing from a handful of grumps, some retired "journalists"who know very well how to blow facts out of proportion, how to manipulate readers by claiming their yearly trips are tenfold of what they are in reality, how to delusionally threaten not to use the airline any more (and, funnily, are surprised that SN is doing relatively well despite their refusal to fly with them) is just utterly pathetic. Stop this political and cultural agenda, get a life or look for a beancounting hobby! Or indeed set up a new section "Airline bashing-all inclusive".
This is a forum about Brussels airlines, not a fanclub!
People can express their ideas, as long as the wording remains polite.
Back to reality: resilience on long haul is a problem at Brussels Airlines, Cancelling 3 JFK flights in a month, due to lack of equipment, means when booking a return trip you have a 1 in 5 chance that one of your flights is cancelled. That’s not bashing but pure mathematics.
Comparing the, sub par, service on short haul business with other European carriers is not bashing, it’s discussing an issue, exactly what people do on a forum.
SN doing “relatively well” for the moment doesn’t wipe out the huge debt, consolidated losses and negative equity, so why can’t they be mentioned?
If you want to stick your head in the sand, feel free to create a topic “fanclub”.

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

I would only be proud and happy if Belgium would have a reliable, successful and ambitious flag carrier.
The so-called savoir-faire for African destinations is actually a poor and risky niche business.
One African country after the other falls in hands of Russia and its Wagner mercenaries.
No destinations in North and South America or Asia where economic growth and stability are a certainty.
I think we have the right to be critical and disappointed about SN (and BRU). Very under-performing. Very.

fcw

Post by fcw »

luchtzak wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 16:54
Mommy Lufti has asked her subsidiary airlines to suspend the repatriation flights hence no SN flight to TLV tomorrow.
So when the Covid-sh!t hits the fan Lufti turns to the government saying: “you need to save your airline” whilst when the government needs “their” airline for, paid, repatriation flights Lufti says: FO.
Wow, just WOW!!

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Excluding Israelis airlines, among biggest airlines only Air France, FlyDubai, Etihad still flying to TLV but AF flights make a stop at Athens on the return flight from TLV to CDG. You seems to forgot this is a war zone. Few days ago, Rockets hit Tel Aviv Airport and we have seen people lied on the ground in the terminal and on the apron.

I don't know why you blame Lufthansa. Commercial airlines have not the experience that to operate in the war zone. Military people are trained for this (logistic, tactical take off, assault landing,..), not a commercial pilot.

Some countries have decided to send their Air Force transport aircraft: Canada send their A310s, Royal Air Force and Brazil Air Force their KC-330, Poland their Casa, Argentina their C-130,..Some of them make a stop at ATH and then people board on civil aircraft. https://www.reuters.com/world/first-us- ... 023-10-13/

Some airlines have also started to suspend flights to Beirut, including Lufthansa. https://english.alarabiya.net/News/worl ... t-tensions
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 14 Oct 2023, 17:15 Excluding Israelis airlines, among biggest airlines only Air France, FlyDubai, Etihad still flying to TLV but AF flights make a stop at Athens on the return flight from TLV to CDG. You seems to forgot this is a war zone. Few days ago, Rockets hit Tel Aviv Airport and we have seen people lied on the ground in the terminal and on the apron.

I don't know why you blame Lufthansa. Commercial airlines have not the experience that to operate in the war zone. Military people are trained for this (logistic, tactical take off, assault landing,..), not a commercial pilot.

Some countries have decided to send their Air Force transport aircraft: Canada send their A310s, Royal Air Force and Brazil Air Force their KC-330, Poland their Casa, Argentina their C-130,..Some of them make a stop at ATH and then people board on civil aircraft. https://www.reuters.com/world/first-us- ... 023-10-13/

Some airlines have also started to suspend flights to Beirut, including Lufthansa. https://english.alarabiya.net/News/worl ... t-tensions
I guess you missed the fact that LH performed TLV repatriation flights with their own metal…

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

JOVAN2 wrote: 14 Oct 2023, 14:50 I would only be proud and happy if Belgium would have a reliable, successful and ambitious flag carrier.
The so-called savoir-faire for African destinations is actually a poor and risky niche business.
One African country after the other falls in hands of Russia and its Wagner mercenaries.
No destinations in North and South America or Asia where economic growth and stability are a certainty.
I think we have the right to be critical and disappointed about SN (and BRU). Very under-performing. Very.
Exactly ! +1