Maintenance (types &) duration

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Maintenance (types &) duration

Post by DannyVDB »

Dear all,

I follow-up the use, maintenance and painting of the SN fleet.

See https://sites.google.com/view/europeanairlinefleets/bel. Quite interesting but I have some questions.

OO-SFH seems to be in Amman for a very long time now. I know there are different types of maintenance: A, B ... D ... (?) What does this mean in practice and especially, what does this mean in terms of non-availability of the plane? What are they doing exactly (I understood that in some cases they almost strip the plane)

To paint a plane takes usually less time, but also there it depends a bit on the type of livery I guess (e.g. regular against special; size of the plane ...). Any information on that.

We are already half of December and usually winter months are used for maintenance, painting, etc. But it seems it is not going really fast ...

Regards,
Danny

convair

Re: Maintenance (types &) duration

Post by convair »

Hi Danny,

From what I noted, SFH has been in AMM for 1 month now. Before that, SFJ was there for almost 2 months. I don't know anything about the work done on them.