Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by airazurxtror »

RoMax wrote: Either the airport charges will increase a bit in the future if CRL has to pay more, or either they find other ways to increase their revenue (with non-aeronautical revenue) and keep the low charges.
Or it will prompt them to transfer more routes to BRU - which would be a good thing for the Brusselaars.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

airazurxtror wrote:
RoMax wrote: Either the airport charges will increase a bit in the future if CRL has to pay more, or either they find other ways to increase their revenue (with non-aeronautical revenue) and keep the low charges.
Or it will prompt them to transfer more routes to BRU - which would be a good thing for the Brusselaars.
If the airport transfers will increase, FR will probably indeed put more focus on BRU expansion. But in this case I was talking from the airport's point of view, what they can do to back up the additional concession costs, so that's either higher fees (which as you say might cause a bigger focus of FR on BRU) or tyring to increase other sources of revenue, non-aeronautical revenue in that case.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair's popular - and controversial - cabin crew bikini calendar has been scrapped, the airline's chief executive has confirmed.
The calendars, which feature 12 members of the low-cost airline's female cabin crew posing provocatively in bikinis, have been published annually since 2008.
As well as raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity, the calendars have raised plenty of eyebrows, with advertisements for the product banned in 2011.

Following his announcement of the cancelled calendars on Irish radio station Today FM, Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary hinted that the move had been a reluctant decision but was not in keeping with its family-friendly image.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... z3EzGxJol7

Ryanair becoming a respectable airline, far from the swashbuckling and go-getter image of late ... folklore is gone, businessmen are in. I,for one, will regret it !

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (2 Oct) released September traffic statistics as follows:
•Traffic grew by 400,000 to 8.5m customers (up 5%)
•Load factor increased 5% points from 85% to 90%
•Rolling annual traffic rose to 83.8m customers (up 4%)

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... ?market=ie

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote: Ryanair becoming a respectable airline, far from the swashbuckling and go-getter image of late ... folklore is gone, businessmen are in. I,for one, will regret it !
Just one week ago, Ryanair dropped passengers with destination Eindhoven at Köln / Cologne. No bus transfer to Eindhoven, no assistance at Köln: no nothing. I wouldn't call that "respectable". The fact that it happens months after Le-Nouveau-Ryanair-Est-Arrivé, is not encouraging businessmen to use Ryanair.

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/algemeen ... r-ryanair/

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

That's the second time you bring this up? Your record is stuck on repeat?
Under the new policy I suggest that this post is removed. (as people are no longer entitled to an opinion here)

Stij

Post by Stij »

I landed already 2 times on another airport with FR due to fog and busses were always provided (never used them as I need to rent a car anyway, might as well rent it there to save time), and once we were bussed from the tarmac of the closed airport to the open airport in a sealed bus. No complaints whatsoever.

Makes me wonder why it went wrong there? Cologne is a base for them. They probably must have a list of bus companies prepared? If it that doesn't work out, I imagine hotels can be found.

I guess every company has a mishap every once in a while, shouldn't have happened though, and action should be taken so that it can't happen again.

One more question: how did the crew escape the scene?

Cheers,

Stij

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

The crew always take taxi's back to base.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair today (2 Oct) released September traffic statistics as follows:
•Traffic grew by 400,000 to 8.5m customers (up 5%)
•Load factor increased 5% points from 85% to 90%
•Rolling annual traffic rose to 83.8m customers (up 4%)

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... ?market=ie
Hi airazurxtror,

Do you have any idea on the separate figures for Brussels and Charleroi?

Cheers,
Danny

Stij

Post by Stij »

A question for the Ryanair experts:

Why o why do they still need all the info about our id card? This remains a major nuisance...

Cheers,

Stij

Flying Apple

Post by Flying Apple »

i don't fly that often as a passenger but don't other companies also require this depending on where you travel to?
i'm guessing countries outside of the chengen zone

Stij

Post by Stij »

True, but not for a Brussels Treviso round-trip...

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The last delivered 737 : EI-FEF, on 27 September (44687/5099)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sabre68/15183448117/

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

How to claim for my ec216 250 euro compensation for a plus 3h delay ?!
Only fill in forms for hotelcosts,foodcosts,.. if this isn't there you can sent it !
By post?
Anyone got it solved with ryanair?
By traditional post?

THX for your expertise...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Which one of your many flights went wrong, CXB? CRL-BGY or return?

Edit: OK, found: FR4522 CRL-BGY 1 Oct STA 0750 ATA 1255. Five hours late? 250 euros!

Not much time left to visit the city on a day return. :mrgreen:
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Indeed, we got rebooked on the next flight so we cancelled our meeting in Milan and went for a shopping day in Bergamo,not what we intended to do the best thing after all..
We still arrived with a plus 3h delay... so compensation is still on ...
On their website it looks quite standard fill in forms but without a full forms,no hotel and food notes you can't go further and send it in..
So guess FR can expect an traditional post from me, indeed FR looks very user friendly with fill in on line forms.. but you ccan't post them ... so very userunfriendly.all emails on site will give you automatic replies to their website... great mix up!
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

I has the same problem in 2012 for a FNI-CRL
Still pending in court !

Delay due to weather..... Weather was beautiful.
METAR Visibility > 10 km
winds 1 knt

Aircraft was to late in CRL for the CRL-FNI leg. Late arrival of the aircraft......
You have to send your claim by fax (costs) the answer on mail !
Fax to Ryanair, email from FR.

Good luck

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

FR4537 indeed landed in BGY at 11:15, i.e. 3 hr 25 min after the STA of your initial flight.

Maybe both of you can send a message to sean1982 and ask him for help? ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

If you can proof the delay (example by flightradar, flightaware, reports from other passengers) it’s up to the airline to proof that the delay was caused by force majeure/overmacht.

If the airline fails to respond and/or refuses your claim, you can go to court. However, there is a much easier and cheaper way: you can contact a European NEB National Enforcememt Body for EU-261/2004 at your choice (example: Irish citizens are allowed to contact the Belgian NEB authority for an incident that happened in France). The NEB will then contact the airline, and the NEB will then judge.

Source page:
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/

List NEB (including the Belgian NEB):
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/pa ... bodies.pdf

EU-Rule 261/2004 is a client-protection-rule, so exceptions must be a real force majeure. Errors from and/or problems at a supplier are not accepted, unless specified in 261/2004 (example: strikes).

Example: “the aircraft was damaged by a truck from a private handling agent”. If such thing happens, the airline has to pay indemnity, and the airline then can claim it back from the handling agent’s insurer.

A decision from an authority in general is accepted as force majeure/overmacht. Example: ATC closing an airfield because another aircraft is stuck on the runway. However, sometimes a decision from an authority is no excuse, example: an aircraft is grounded because the airline’s AOC has expired.

Sai

Post by Sai »

Passenger wrote:(...) However, there is a much easier and cheaper way: you can contact a European NEB National Enforcememt Body for EU-261/2004 at your choice (...). The NEB will then contact the airline, and the NEB will then judge.
This ruling isn’t binding on the airlines, but it may be enough to swing the balance to let you push the airline to pay up. If not, the last resort is to take the airline to court.
source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... elays.html