Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

BRU

Re: Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Post by BRU »

Cargo on flights to DBX and HKG is mainly coming from DHL Global Forwarding. Since they have a big operation at BRU, it makes sense to have these flights rerouted to BRU. Today DHL GF is shipping cargo to these destations from outside Belgium, so for me this is pure protection from TNT as this will not have any effect on their operations. On the contrary, this is getting flights and jobs from outside Belgium back to our airports.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

BRU wrote:Cargo on flights to DBX and HKG is mainly coming from DHL Global Forwarding. Since they have a big operation at BRU, it makes sense to have these flights rerouted to BRU. Today DHL GF is shipping cargo to these destations from outside Belgium, so for me this is pure protection from TNT as this will not have any effect on their operations. On the contrary, this is getting flights and jobs from outside Belgium back to our airports.
Belgique, patrie du surréalisme :o
It didn't take long to change their mind...
http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.a ... 1_00318015

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

liege-bierset wrote: Belgique, patrie du surréalisme :o
It didn't take long to change their mind...
http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.a ... 1_00318015
I wouldn't call this surrealism, but subjectivity and protectionism: the Belgian secretary of State for Transport, mr Wathelet, lives near LGG and he protects his voters who live near LGG. Just read the previous article on L'Avenir and one understands that the Directorate reviewed it's decision on request of Mr Wathelet:
http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.a ... 1_00317982

I'm not familiar with cargo transport legislation, but I hope that someone can post which "international legislation" (cfr today's article in L'Avenir) forbits ET to open BRU-ADD, even if that is going to be hard competition for TNT's LGG-ADD. As far as I know, the only "international legislation" is a permission from the country's Aviation Authorities - which was given on Wednesday.

(Unless, off course, there was a bilateral agreement between Belgium and Ethiopia about the number of cargo flights. But then, that it something totally different from "règles internationales" that TNT claims.)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It seems that BRU-DXB was allowed without any bilateral compensation, thus leaving an option for TNT to complain.
He's protecting a belgian company who hires belgian pilots against competition from outside. Protectionism indeed. That's his job, as a federal secretary of state, wherever he lives.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

BRU

Post by BRU »

Acid-drop wrote:It seems that BRU-DXB was allowed without any bilateral compensation, thus leaving an option for TNT to complain.
He's protecting a belgian company who hires belgian pilots against competition from outside. Protectionism indeed. That's his job, as a federal secretary of state, wherever he lives.
Yes and no... Would be the case for a "normal" operation. 2 reasons why this is not competition:
- TNT only sells capacity to TNT express, the logistical company of TNT. This means that any Belgian logistical company that has cargo to DBX has to use a foreign company and fly from an airport with an airline outside Belgium
- this is mainly cargo from DHL Global Forwarder, another logistical company. Today, they have this cargo in Belgium / Brussels and they truck it to AMS and FRA due to lack of capacity out of BRU. So by getting this flight to BRU, they are adding jobs to Belgium

So the only protectionism I see is the old sabena protectionisme: stop everything and leave it all to me. Unforatunatelly, the past learned us that this was not the best way to grow aviation...

Charlie_Fox

Post by Charlie_Fox »

Sorry BRU but that's not correct. Anyone can buy capacity on TNT flights. They are certainly not used exclusively for TNT express shipments, which take up only a small percentage of available volume on each flight.

BRU

Post by BRU »

Charlie_Fox wrote:Sorry BRU but that's not correct. Anyone can buy capacity on TNT flights. They are certainly not used exclusively for TNT express shipments, which take up only a small percentage of available volume on each flight.
You can indeed boek on TNT via their logistical arm. But do you expect that competitors such as DHL GF and other big forwarders will do so ? No, they truck their cargo to other hubs and fly it on "neutral" equipment.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It seems a flight left saturday from BRU
The traffic rights are canceled or not ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

BRU

Post by BRU »

Acid-drop wrote:It seems a flight left saturday from BRU
The traffic rights are canceled or not ?
Due to late notice of rejecting the granted traffic rights, they were allowed to operate the flight on Saturday. Early this week a final decision will be taken on if these flights will be allowed or not.

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

Si l’octroi des droits de trafic à Éthiopian Airlines sur Bruxelles-Dubaï devait être confirmé, cela induirait une distorsion de la concurrence entraînant, à terme mais de façon certaine, la fin des opérations de TNT Airways en long courrier.
I don't get it, uptil xmas last year, CX did FRA-BRU-DXB-HKG twice weekly B74F. What's the big problem here, I don't get this legal mumbo jumbo.. :?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

if TNT didnt complain it would be ok I guess ...

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I suspect this article is in relation with the story
http://www.delloyd.be/Article/tabid/231 ... fault.aspx
if anybody could unlock it and tell us what it is about it would be nice

actarus

Post by actarus »

on the 30th June 2013 Magma Aviation launch new scheduled service to West African brussels to lome KINSHASA AND LUANDA 2 TIMES A WEEK

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Acid-drop wrote:I suspect this article is in relation with the story
http://www.tijd.be/r/t/1/id/9359682.
Oudste Vlaamse krant De Lloyd is failliet :?:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

liege-bierset wrote:
Acid-drop wrote:I suspect this article is in relation with the story
http://www.tijd.be/r/t/1/id/9359682.
Oudste Vlaamse krant De Lloyd is failliet :?:
Yes, that's indeed correct. Since more then a week already. Last articles of them were on 14 June.

But if it can help you, there is more or less the same one in Holland: www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl.
Both sites, De Lloyd and Nieuwsbladtransport, gave mostly the same articles.

So enjoy it further there ;)

LJ

Post by LJ »

Atlantis wrote:But if it can help you, there is more or less the same one in Holland: http://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl.

Yet Nieuwsblad transport didn't run this interesting article (and they don't cover Belgium as good).

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

LJ wrote:
Atlantis wrote:But if it can help you, there is more or less the same one in Holland: http://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl.

Yet Nieuwsblad transport didn't run this interesting article (and they don't cover Belgium as good).
AD
Just read this article and understand why de Heer Hoornaert is "niet te spreken" over Qatar Cargo flying from EBB and NBO to LGG...
http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/article.php?id=223

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I like this part in particular, since it proves that Tolipanebas was selling us hot air on the A333's freight capability on top of the pax capability. As it seems, SN's A333's will not be able to carry a full pax load and freight on top of that. Freight would come to compensate for empty seats.
The recently introduced two A330-200 passenger aircraft were very welcomed for serving our northbound production ex East Africa, leading to satisfying results. Despite full passenger loads these aircraft still offer us a payload of at least ten tons or even more each flight while the formerly deployed A330-300s left us no chance for flying any shipment when all seats were booked out by travellers.”
Narrowbodies can do that too you know. :roll:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Flanker2 wrote:I like this part in particular, since it proves that Tolipanebas was selling us hot air on the A333's freight capability on top of the pax capability. As it seems, SN's A333's will not be able to carry a full pax load and freight on top of that. Freight would come to compensate for empty seats.
The recently introduced two A330-200 passenger aircraft were very welcomed for serving our northbound production ex East Africa, leading to satisfying results. Despite full passenger loads these aircraft still offer us a payload of at least ten tons or even more each flight while the formerly deployed A330-300s left us no chance for flying any shipment when all seats were booked out by travellers.”
Narrowbodies can do that too you know.
Flanker, this reaction proves that you are not familiar with practical cargo neither. The theoretical max payload on flights from Africa is no problem when you have to transport pallets of flowers and vegetables like beans and local specialities (like minicorn). Only revenue matters - and kg cube works out fine. For your narrowboddies however (think it's A321 this week?), space is the problem.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

You've once again missed a great opportunity to remain quiet, Flanker, because you apparently couldn't resist to demonstrate how aircraft performance really isn't your strongest point, is it?

Even though I have repeatedly tried to make it clear to you I the past, you still fail to understand that whatever theoretical payload-range graph you may look at, you ALWAYS need to factor in current field and environment factors. Its no secret that our oldest A333s have different engines than the rest of our fleet and have pretty limited hot/high performance, conditions you will often encounter when departing from East Africa.

This is easily demonstrated by the quote of yours, btw: the pax difference between our A332 and A333 is about 30 pax, or say 3 tons of cabin payload, yet as you can read they can lift more than trice that weight in extra cargo payload from NBO, so clearly there's more to take into account here than a linear trade off between pax and cargo, like you naively think...

A thorough performance course would serve you well, because it would prevent you from posting utter nonsense at least half of the time, by not making taking general conclusions from specific cases. It's really a recurring pattern with you, you know? You even end with another one: the assumption the A320 would be able to fly back from NBO unrestricted, just because it still matches the theoretical range of the plane...

Get to grips with aircraft performance, it's urgently needed if you want to make meaningful contributions.