New bargain website: one daily flight-ticket deal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

opergvh

New bargain website: one daily flight-ticket deal

Post by opergvh »

A new website promises a daily flight-ticket deal:
http://www.paperflies.com/

If you book there, let us know here how it goes (and where you are going to for what price). Thanks!

airtrainer

Re: New bargain website: one daily flight-ticket deal

Post by airtrainer »

Got only a message in dutch on the homepage stating that I (from what I understand) should upgrade my browser to Chrome or Firefox (...). Doesn't sound appealing at all if you ask me :oops:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

tomvnlk wrote:I am following PaperFlies.com very interesting and appealing website. I must say everyday there is a good deal! The site is only in Dutch at the moment (ik spreek ook Nederlands). There offering deals from Amsterdam mainly and are working with all the famous airline companies. You can also subscribe for the newsletter based on your interest, I must say I am impressed.
Tom, Bob, Jens, welcome on luchtzak. Nice site, but allow me to temper your euphoria. Because you will soon learn that the airline business is a bit more complicated then excellent knowledge of internet, web design and social media.

Example: today’s special, AMS-JNB-AMS for 569 Euro. You say it's “less 25% from 760 Euro”. Where did you get this 760 Euro? Do you think consumers believe "less 25%" just like that? No: they check it. I’ve just done this for the dates you offer = 12-26 May. Lufthansa.com sells at 598 Euro and Cheaptickets.nl at 589,03 Euro. For 12-26 May indeed. And that is all in, whilst you charge handling costs. And they both give the possibility to book another return date, whilst your offer is 26 only.

Example: you have booked an allotment on AMS-FRA-JNB 19h40-20h50/22h05-10h00. That leaves passengers 1h15 for a non Schengen transfer in Frankfurt?! Have you ever been there? I've been there quite a lot, and 1 hour is very very short when you need to go through passport control. What if there is a short delay? Average delay for AMS-FRA is 11 min, says Flightstats. General rule for tourists: one hour for a transfer means probably no luggage at arrival.

Please also note: you offer the insurance as opt-out. Ryanair has been condemned by the European Court for this (insurance must indeed be sold as opt-in).

My conclusion after seeing your first offer: your idea will only work with really spectacular offers, example less then 20% compared to cheap offers like from Cheaptickets.nl.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

it seems to work ... it's cheaper than what skyscanner can find (225 instead of 330) for the deal of today ... not too bad