Air Holland experiences anyone?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
ph-klm

Air Holland experiences anyone?

Post by ph-klm »

On March 31st I will fly to Puerto Plata with Air Holland (or should I say Holland Exel..) What can you tell me about the legspace, inflightservice, entertainment?

JetB

Post by JetB »

No experience with Air Holland, but you can go to www.turbulentie.nl thats where you can find flight reviews also for Air Holland (it is in dutch !!!).

Isn't Air Holland under the same management as VG / Delsey Airlines, and also candidate for bankruptcy ?.

OCR_ole_ole

Post by OCR_ole_ole »

well i flew to Sal (capital of the Cape Verdian Islands) with Air Holland. As a matter of fact they flew in a subcharter service for TACV (national company of Cape Verde).

I never had such a bad flight... people urinated on the seats on the previous flight, that row was not useable off course and I wondered why... on a full 757 they had only one toilet for pax, and even they closed it before take off and it was used only by cabin crew.

It was really dreadful. TACV stopped using their services as well after pax wrote loads of complaints

good luck :)

F

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

OCR_ole_ole wrote:I never had such a bad flight... people urinated on the seats on the previous flight, that row was not useable off course and I wondered why... on a full 757 they had only one toilet for pax, and even they closed it before take off and it was used only by cabin crew.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

BeN :idea:

EBOS87

HLN

Post by EBOS87 »

I have flown with Air Holland a few years ago to Goa. The 757 was old and dirty, but now they fly ex-SAS aircrafts (767-300ER)with more comfort. The big problem with HLN is delays (sometimes 6 hours and more...).

Stefan

Avro

Post by Avro »

OO-SBZ wrote:
OCR_ole_ole wrote:I never had such a bad flight... people urinated on the seats on the previous flight, that row was not useable off course and I wondered why... on a full 757 they had only one toilet for pax, and even they closed it before take off and it was used only by cabin crew.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
How cruel :!: :evil: It's like the new rule from the USA, to make people avoid going to the toilet :roll:

Chris

JetB

Post by JetB »

Dear PH-KLM the comment's on turbulentie.nl are not so bad.
But listening to these guy's here would make me reschedule if it was possible.....

Maybe tomorrow when more dutch members are on line they can give you more positive information. But for now I suggest you bring a plastic bag that why you sit dry !!!!. :twisted:

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

BobClaes wrote:But for now I suggest you bring a plastic bag that why you sit dry !!!!. :twisted:
A bottle or a bucket could be useful too :wink:

BeN :idea:

OCR_ole_ole

Re: Air Holland experiences anyone?

Post by OCR_ole_ole »

ph-klm wrote:On March 31st I will fly to Puerto Plata with Air Holland (or should I say Holland Exel..) What can you tell me about the legspace, inflightservice, entertainment?
well one could consider people queueing for a closed toilet as highly entertaining... i don't remember any movies or so... I just tried to forget this nightmare as soon as possible... I hope they 'll use the 767 for your flight...
legspace...well as touroperators decide the legspace, I suppose you ll be better off in taking some YOGA exercises before your flight if you are taller than 1m80.

greetings and good luck
F :wave:

AN124

Post by AN124 »

I believe they don't fly with the 757 anymore.
I heard some stories that the aircraft went back to the leasing company.

Best Regards,
Yvo

A318

Post by A318 »

AN124 wrote:I believe they don't fly with the 757 anymore.
I heard some stories that the aircraft went back to the leasing company.

Best Regards,
Yvo
That's correct, only 767's are left and all I can tell you is that things are different now.
They offer a kind of low cost service at this moment, if you have the real cheap ticket, bring your food or your wallet ;)
Then you get a kind of standard economy class, same seats as the low cost but you receive food and non-alcoholic drinks.
At last there is the Orange class, what I know from it is that you receive a business class seat but with economy class food and yes yes alcoholic drinks if you want. To give you a little idea from the full pax (between 260 and 272 seats, depence if somebody was peeing there ;) ) cabin in their 767-300:

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

Are those AH's B767s ex-Air France? I found pictures and you see there the orange class seats. They look the same as AF.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=152862
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=152858
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=152854

:) :)

ph-klm

Post by ph-klm »

Well thank you very much for your answers, I'm really looking forward to my trip with Air Holland.....NOT!!
It's a package deal with a Neckerman holiday I've booked so chancing the airline is no option.

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Are Holland know has leased 3 ex SAS 767's.
Before those 3 I believe they had indeed a ex Air France 767 in their fleet.

Best Regards,
Yvo

JetB

Post by JetB »

ph-klm we expect a review from you trip, now thats going to be a good one. Including pictures please :twisted: and good luck......

Avro

Post by Avro »

Don't forget the pictures of the meal if you take the one on board of course ;)

Chris

EBOS87

Air holland

Post by EBOS87 »

Currently Air Holland has 2B763's (ex-SAS: PH-AHY and PH-AHX; del 1991), leg space is the same as on other dutch and belgian charter airlines. On their charter flights you don't have to pay for your meals and non-alcoholic drinks. There is a complete entertainment program: audio and video. They have 3 classes: Economy, Economy Plus and comfort class

Pictures:
http://pub39.ezboard.com/fairhollandfan ... =119.topic

I hope you will have a nice flight and perhaps you can take some nice pictures!

Stefan

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Nice detail about the 2 ex SAS 767's.
The colours aren't indentical on these planes.

See following pictures:
PH-AHY: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=174631
PH-AHX: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=175408

The difference is noted below the second pic. If you don't know it you just don't see it.

Best Regards,
Yvo