Miami Airport tweeted that the airport remains closed today (Monday), from tomorrow personnel and crew members will fly in to prepare the resumption of the flights. After damage assessment, Miami Airport will determine if passenger flights will resume on Tuesday 12 September.
— Miami Int’l Airport (@iflymia) September 11, 2017
Atlanta Airport is expecting impacts from Irma in the next 24 hours with high winds and rain that might lead to delay.
— Atlanta Airport (@ATLairport) September 10, 2017
Sunday: What customers should know about Delta travel and Irma
1. Changes in service, including catering and cancelations, are possible Monday for flights to, from and through Atlanta.
As Delta meteorologists continue to track Hurricane Irma, strong winds and extended rain are expected in Atlanta starting Monday and could affect flights at the hub. Catering operations also can be affected, which would require reductions in or changes to regular in-flight meal and beverage service.
2. Use delta.com to change travel plans involving Atlanta Monday and Tuesday
Customers with itineraries involving Atlanta Monday afternoon through Tuesday are encouraged to use delta.com to change their travel plans.
3. Fees are waived for travel changes, baggage and pets in cabin
Delta has combined and consolidated waivers for customers transiting three dozen destinations where flights will be affected by Irma through Sept. 17. Similarly, Delta has paused baggage and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from impacted cities.
4. Airports from the Caribbean north through Georgia and Alabama are affected.
An updated airport-by-airport outlook for operations in the Caribbean, Florida and the southeastern U.S. is available here.
— Randy Bresnik (@AstroKomrade) September 10, 2017
American Airlines : “When severe weather or other uncontrollable events impact your flight and travel dates, you may be able to change your trip with no change fee.“
If you’re traveling to/through/from:
- Daytona Beach, Florida (DAB)
- Destin / Fort Walton Beach, Florida (VPS)
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL)
- Fort Myers, Florida (RSW)
- Gainesville, Florida (GNV)
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX)
- Key West, Florida (EYW)
- Melbourne, Florida (MLB)
- Miami, Florida (MIA)
- Orlando, FL (MCO)
- Palm Beach, Florida (PBI)
- Pensacola, Florida (PNS)
- Tallahassee, Florida (TLH)
- Tampa, Florida (TPA)
- Sarasota, Florida (SRQ)
The change fee may be waived if you:
- Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
- Bought your ticket by September 10, 2017
- Are scheduled to travel September 5 – 17, 2017
- Can travel September 5 – 30, 2017
- Change your origin or destination city within 600 miles
- Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference