Thanks to the global economic expansion Boeing expects to deliver between 810 and 815 commercial jets in 2018, and that’s another record year. 2017 was already a big success with 763 deliveries. Big rival Airbus expects to deliver 800 aircraft in 2018. By building 815 aircraft in one year this means that Boeing will deliver a Boeing aircraft every 10 hours and 48 minutes.
Boeing’s financial results are also looming, in 2017:
- Record operating cash flow of $13.3 billion; repurchased 46.1 million shares for $9.2 billion
- Revenue of $93.4 billion reflecting a record 763 commercial deliveries
- Backlog remains robust at $488 billion, including a record 5,864 commercial aircraft
- Cash and marketable securities of $10.0 billion provide strong liquidity
While its 2018 outlook is also positive:
- Operating cash flow expected to increase to approximately $15.0 billion
- Revenue guidance of between $96.0 and $98.0 billion reflects commercial deliveries of between 810 and 815
- 2018 GAAP EPS of between $15.90 and $16.10; core EPS (non-GAAP)* of between $13.80 and $14.00
An impressive line-up of Boeing aircraft, from Boeing Field.