Brussels Airlines in 2023

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2023

Post by Conti764 »

crew1990 wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 20:53
Conti764 wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 20:19
JOVAN2 wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 00:41

AB would better leave Mauritius to the French. Same story as Guadeloupe & Martinique.
Or Curacao & Bonaire: leave it to the Dutch.

concentrate on US West Coast, Mexico & Brazil. And RSA.
Why would you strengthen AF and KL monopolies on those routes? Try to catch pax from Southern-NL and Northern-FR by undercutting KL and AF prices.

Same goes for SN, but they are on a tight leach with LH.
This is what SN is doing, booking a flight from Paris is often cheaper than booking on from Brussels, SN is investing a lot on catching those traffic to BRU, some days there are 3 morning A320 (540pax!!) from CDG because the 2 flights are already full. Beside LYS, MRS and TLS having an early departure in the morning to feed the network, from S23, there will also be an early departure from BOD. SN is competitive on the french market.
Fair enough, but only to and from Africa.

With BRU ideally located between AMS and CDG and Northern France and southern Netherlands only at a 2 hour max drive, I never understood why SN isn't going after traffic between FR/NL and their respective overseas territories. Now AF/KL has a near monopoly on those routes.

Make triangular flights like the African ops.

And LH itself isn't flying to those destinations so no reason for them to stoo SN from doing so.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

In my opinion flying to overseas French territories could work given the geographical situation of Brussels and the network of Brussels Airlines. However to achieve this you need more planes, some new widebodies will coming in the following years however before starting such a new market there are still many oportunities to be covered in Africa such as Lagos, Libreville, Brazaville, Nairobi etc and some transatlantic one like Boston, Newark or Montreal.

brabel

Post by brabel »

I remember before corona that SN would open Montréal.
Will this happen in the (near) future?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

brabel wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 19:16 I remember before corona that SN would open Montréal.
Will SN codeshare with AC on the YYZ route ? I did not see any direct flight on june on the SN website. Thanx.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I'm sure one day, Brussels Airlines will fly to Montréal, but for now, this project is back in the fridge

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

brabel wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 19:16 I remember before corona that SN would open Montréal.
In the future for sure when they will have an extra A330. Don't forget that during COVID they lost 2 A330. In meantime they have again an extra A330 for Afrika and The States.

But Montreal was seen as seasonal, 5 times a week.

Air Canada will fly on both routes

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

crew1990 wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 19:04 In my opinion flying to overseas French territories could work given the geographical situation of Brussels and the network of Brussels Airlines. However to achieve this you need more planes, some new widebodies will coming in the following years however before starting such a new market there are still many oportunities to be covered in Africa such as Lagos, Libreville, Brazaville, Nairobi etc and some transatlantic one like Boston, Newark or Montreal.
I think it would be financially and operationaly better to leave most of the TATL flying to the overseas partner airlines. After all, being a memeber of A++, it doesn't realy matter who is flying the route. Only exception being Boston, maybe, since it is no hub to UA. (And even then, there are possibilities to have UA fly the route).

SN should focus on its stronghold Arfica on one side, but also play a role in (at least) disrupting Francodutch monopoly wherever possible.

I think it is due time for SN and LH to make the best out of BRU's location and convenience in comparison to hellhole AMS.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Is it correct that, after more than a year that the new livery was introduced, only 2 A330's are repainted in the new livery?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Boavida wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 16:19 Is it correct that, after more than a year that the new livery was introduced, only 2 A330's are repainted in the new livery?
Hi,

That's + , less work to repaint them... After a year the livery stays very ugly, horrific....
We can only hope on a new logo, little adaption .... There still is nothing Belgian in it... Nothing recognisable.. only if you are Croatian ...

Even the new Trident doesn't made it better...

CxB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

cathay belgium wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 16:48
Boavida wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 16:19 Is it correct that, after more than a year that the new livery was introduced, only 2 A330's are repainted in the new livery?
Hi,

That's + , less work to repaint them... After a year the livery stays very ugly, horrific....
We can only hope on a new logo, little adaption .... There still is nothing Belgian in it... Nothing recognisable.. only if you are Croatian ...

CxB
Ok, hater. We got the message :roll:

Anyone with a useful response?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Boavida wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 17:39
cathay belgium wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 16:48
Hi,

CxB
Ok, hater. We got the message :roll:

Anyone with a useful response?
The answer has been already given numerous of time… Aircraft are painted when and only when they are due for repainting.

So far only 2 needed to be repainted, so… only 2 are repainted.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

With the absence at BRU of CX, LY, OB, EW, LM, SU, the flight reductions of HU, NH, ME, the removal of Atlanta, Shenzen, Shanghai, Bangkok without being exhaustive far from it...I suppose that the presence of SN on BRU becomes much more important...

brabel

Post by brabel »

Maybe SN should open Mumbai again?
Or grow out of Africa in general.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Growing in Africa and on Estern cost of the US is the plan. Mumbai, New Delhi would be to working fit the network, but I don't think it's a priority at the moment.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Conti764 wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 16:03
crew1990 wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 20:53
Conti764 wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 20:19

Why would you strengthen AF and KL monopolies on those routes? Try to catch pax from Southern-NL and Northern-FR by undercutting KL and AF prices.

Same goes for SN, but they are on a tight leach with LH.
This is what SN is doing, booking a flight from Paris is often cheaper than booking on from Brussels, SN is investing a lot on catching those traffic to BRU, some days there are 3 morning A320 (540pax!!) from CDG because the 2 flights are already full. Beside LYS, MRS and TLS having an early departure in the morning to feed the network, from S23, there will also be an early departure from BOD. SN is competitive on the french market.
Fair enough, but only to and from Africa.

With BRU ideally located between AMS and CDG and Northern France and southern Netherlands only at a 2 hour max drive, I never understood why SN isn't going after traffic between FR/NL and their respective overseas territories. Now AF/KL has a near monopoly on those routes.

Make triangular flights like the African ops.

And LH itself isn't flying to those destinations so no reason for them to stoo SN from doing so.
These are very low yield markets if I'm not mistaken?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Burundi's ambassador to Belgium visited the headquarters of Brussels Airlines this week. https://burundi--agnews-org.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp

A partnership in sight in Burundi? Burundi Airlines? The Lufthansa Group's sales director for Africa said a few months ago that taking a stake in an airline might be feasible.

A mistake on the atricle, Brussels Airlines no longer operates the Bujumbura Nairobi Brussels tag flight. However in deed pax from BJM can connect at Nairobi on Lufthansa flight from NBO to FRA. But at that time it will be either with Kenya Airways or via Entebbe (Uganda Airlines), Kigali (RwandAir), Addis Ababa (Ethiopian) or Dar Es Salaam (Air Tanzania)

Sabena (it's now Brussels National since Sabena collapse) owns 4% of the shares of Burundi Airlines (formerly from Air Burundi i think) https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/buru ... -airlines/
Lufthansa Group: “Investing in an African airline? And why not ? » https://www.jeuneafrique.com/1384374/ec ... mq0rOxGLTQ

Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss or Edelweiss: how are flights to Africa managed in the event of a coup or a shortage of kerosene? How do you minimize the commercial risk when opening a new line? Some answers with Philippe Saeys-Desmedt, sales director for sub-Saharan Africa for the German group.
viewtopic.php?p=420826#p420826
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

OO-SNO (Trident) stuck in GOT since sunday afternoon.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 21:10 OO-SNO (Trident) stuck in GOT since sunday afternoon.
Flying to GOT right now !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

OO-SNF (Tomorrowland colours) did a ski-accidents-repat-flight today, out of Grenoble.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... f#2f4fd939