Where will you fly in 2005?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Don't you ever get tired of going to Belgium???

Comet

Post by Comet »

sab319 wrote:Don't you ever get tired of going to Belgium???
No. How can I tire of the only place where I am able to shop for my favourite beers? I have to come to Belgium to buy the beers I cannot buy at home, and that means more flying (always a bonus) and more flying means more spotting (something I can't do often enough). I had three trips to Belgium last year, I've been going to Belgium each year since 2000, I've had one trip already and one big holiday coming up in September. Then now we get another trip sometime in November. Life doesn't get better :mrgreen:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

concordino

Post by concordino »

Beer & Belgium = LIFE !

An interesting thought.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well Comet maybe you should consider taking a privilege membership...

Comet

Post by Comet »

sab319 wrote:Well Comet maybe you should consider taking a privilege membership...
I've got one, and they don't give points on the discounted tickets, like Sabena used to do :(
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote: I've got one, and they don't give points on the discounted tickets, like Sabena used to do :(
Well, that's kind of logic isn't it ?

Chris

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Comet wrote:
sab319 wrote:Don't you ever get tired of going to Belgium???
No. How can I tire of the only place where I am able to shop for my favourite beers? I have to come to Belgium to buy the beers I cannot buy at home, and that means more flying (always a bonus) and more flying means more spotting (something I can't do often enough). I had three trips to Belgium last year, I've been going to Belgium each year since 2000, I've had one trip already and one big holiday coming up in September. Then now we get another trip sometime in November. Life doesn't get better :mrgreen:
Comet, you should come to Milwaukee, WI!

http://milwaukee.about.com/od/brewerie2/

I am quite certain that you would love it there.
It is not very far from ORD, so it is pretty easy to get there and offers GREAT spotting opertunities. They also have their own airport, Milwaukee General Mitchell Intl. You can check them out at: http://www.mitchellairport.com/

If you have any questions about Milwaukee, feel free to post them.
Onward and Upward...

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

My rough planning for the next months. This excludes business travel and contains purely leisure trips:

June 2005
BRU-GLA-BRU on SN (the new route)

August 2005
BRU-MAD-BRU on SN/IB

September 2005
BRU-NCE-BRU on SN
BRU-LHR-JFK on AA
BWI-PHX on WN
SJC-LAX on WN
LAX-LHR-BRU on AA

Happy landings,
Chris

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

I have done some research on my Chinese domestic flights, and I have found a few possibilities to fly between two cities on the dates our travel groups schedule allows us to:

16-07-2005:
Shanghai Hongqiao (SHA) - Yichang (YIH):
China Eastern Airlines A320 or
Shangai Airlines B752 (I'm really hoping for this flight, it has been 9 years since I flew the B752);

21-07-2005:
Chongqing (CKG) - Xi'an Xianyang (XIY):
China Eastern Airlines A320;

23-07-2005:
Xi'an Xianyang (XIY) - Beijing Capital (PEK):
Air China B733 or
China Eastern Airlines A320 or
China Southern Airlines B73G or
Air China B738;

At least, this is are the traval possibilities on those dates. The aircraft scheduled are nothing out of the ordinary, but flying on domestic Chinese routes is not an everyday business. :wink:

TMT98

Post by TMT98 »

Change of Plans:

April:
Transavia
25 April, AMS - Tenerife Sur

May:
Martinair (turned out to be Euro Atlantic Airways)
2 May, Tenerife Sur - AMS

June:

CX
23 June, AMS - HKG
28 June, HKG - DPS

July:

Citilink by Garuda Indonesia Airlines
5 July, DPS - CGK

got kicked out of this one by some reason.. we all don't know why:
Adamair (Indonesian carrier)
5 July, DPS - CGK

CX
25 July, CGK - (HKG) - AMS
Last edited by TMT98 on 14 Jun 2005, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.

Comet

Post by Comet »

I was checking the ticket prices on the British Airways website last night for the flights in November, as we have chosen the dates. Very appealing to start with, but the extras such as tax and things are added on later so an appealing ticket price suddenly becomes very unappealing when the tax is almost half the cost! It is so much cheaper to buy a ticket with the SN code rather than the BA code, even though the tickets are all for the same flights! I like to shop around for deals, but I won't ever be shopping on BA's website. Expedia have a very good deal which we are almost certain to go for, and at a central hotel as well this time :mrgreen: It all depends on getting the bloody animals into kennels.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

We have finally booked the trip - everything including flights, Brussels hotel and Manchester Airport hotel. We are more central in Brussels than before because it will be nice to go out for an evening beer rather than being confined to the hotel like before when we have stayed in Brussels. We have got SNBA flights, the morning from MAN this time instead of SN2178 (never, ever again!)

So Bier Tempel, make sure your beers are nicely stocked up for the arrival of The Comet :mrgreen:
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

I never fly anymore to London. Just went there last weekend from BRU by Eurostar, perfectly on time, no need to be there 2 hours in advance and arriving directly in the center at Waterloo station. For €80,- a bargain comparing all the hussle when I fly, for example, EIN-STN. That should save you a lot of money Comet which you can spend on beers ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Comet

Post by Comet »

Erwin - the money I would save on a cheaper Eurostar ticket would be quickly swallowed up by rail fares to London and overnight accommodation in London (generally more expensive than Manchester unfortunately :( ) That is one reason we stopped flying from LCY, I miss going to London as I haven't been down there for two years and it used to be a regular holiday spot for us, I've had some great fun in London.

I think my beer buying is more limited by carrying capacity than cost, the stuff is so much cheaper in Belgium, even in an "expensive" shop like Bier Tempel, and in supermarkets it's unbelievable 8O

We did once look at going to Paris on Eurostar but it would have cost us £80 more to do that than to fly from Manchester. One day I think they're going to have a high speed Eurostar connection to the north of England so that will even things up a bit.
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

Oh yeah ofcourse, I forgot that "little" part you have to do first before you get in London........enjoy your flight :)
A Whole Different Animal

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

The day I get my flight beifits back I'd like to go back to AMS. I was there years ago with my parents but was not able to enjoy it as much as i hear. And ofcorse STT!

zillox

Post by zillox »

10 August = MST-SXF
11 August = SXF-MST

First flight with easyjet :lol:

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

On July 21 I will be travelling to Phoenix, AZ from Milwaukee, WI on America West flight 122. The aircraft will be a 733.

Then in September, I will be traveling on Northwest to Portland, OR from Green Bay, WI with a connection in Minneapolis. We have not booked the flight yet, so I dont know what flight I will be on or the exact date. I do know that the aircraft from GRB will be an Avro RJ-85 and the aircraft from MSP will be a 753.

We are also planning on flying to Orlando, FL in October. Right now, I am trying to convince my parents to fly on Delta. We have not booked the flight yet, so I dont know what flight I will be on or the exact date. I do know that the aircraft from GRB will be a CRJ (new aircraft for me) and the aircraft from CVG will be an MD-88.
Onward and Upward...

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Booked yesterday :

19/11/2005 BRU-LHR BD
19/11/2005 LHR-KUL MH
20/11/2005 KUL-CEB MH
08/12/2005 CEB-KUL MH
08/12/2005 KUL-LHR MH
09/12/2005 LHR-BRU BD

09/01/2006 AMS-HKG CX
10/01/2006 HKG-CEB CX
04/02/2006 CEB-HKG CX
05/02/2006 HKG-AMS CX

Does anyone know how I can avoid the HIGH prices from BRU (or AMS or CDG) to CEB (or MNL)?

TMT98

Post by TMT98 »

ozzie, never had realy high prices to Asia.. (I fly frequently to CGK)
...prices are always around 600 and 700 euro's, which I find cheap, because on the airlines websites it says almost 1000.
Try not to book via a travel agent, but via travel organisation from Asia, like Destidunia (www.destidunia.nl)

Or be a member of DWVC (dwvc.com). That is very expensive, but you get your money back after several years, but as a member you can get fares like 300(!!!)