2020 Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL/EBCI) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: 2020 Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL/EBCI) latest news

Post by sn26567 »

Wizz Air to launch a route to Tirana, Albania; this summer:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/wizz ... ew-routes/
André
ex Sabena #26567

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Wizzair to launch Bacau 29 of OCtober 3 weekly. Belgrade to start in July according to the press release of Wizzair

So far 4 new routes - Bacau, Belgrade, Tirana and Vienna to start in 2020 from CRL

Traveler

Post by Traveler »

But also three routes have or will be suspended according their booking system: Kutaisi (Georgia), Craiova and Sibiu (both Romania).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair was restarting in CRL with four flights today: Marseille, Bologna, Thessaloniki and Bucharest. The first two are flying normally as scheduled, but the two latter were already cancelled. Probably too few passengers, as both Greece and Romania have restrictions (such as quarantine or tests) to the entry of Belgian travellers.

Difficult to travel post-Covid!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

Kinda late but Brussels South Charleroi Airport will reveal a brand identity (name and logo) in September.

More info on: https://www.google.be/amp/s/www.lalibre ... utType=amp (in French only).

So, any bets for the future name?

Personally I would find it weird to simply name it « Charleroi Airport ».

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Shonix wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 22:33 Kinda late but Brussels South Charleroi Airport will reveal a brand identity (name and logo) in September.
They intended to do it at the end of June, but I guess Lady Corona decided otherwise.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

theeuropean wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 13:04 Wizzair to launch Bacau 29 of October 3 weekly. Belgrade to start in July according to the press release of Wizzair.

So far 4 new routes - Bacau, Belgrade, Tirana and Vienna to start in 2020 from CRL
Wizz Air flights to/from Belgrade are postponed until 17 August.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 00:06 Wizz Air flights to/from Belgrade are postponed until 17 August.
Wizz Air flights to/from Belgrade further postponed until Summer 2021 season (28 March).

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/wizz ... mmer-2021/
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Air Algérie could restart on 30 August 2020.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Interesting article in anna.aero showing that CRL is the second most profitable airport for Ryanair, despite being only the 6th largest one.

It makes one hope that Ryanair will keep or even expand activities in CRL. But it raises the question about the level of aid received by the airport or the advantages granted by the airport to Ryanair.

https://www.anna.aero/2020/09/03/ryanai ... ts-top-10/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Its no secret that the goal of Wallonia was to create a long term economic activity, create many jobs, and imporve the image of the whole region. It had/has a cost, but who would complain given the results...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

Indeed, in the Kingdom of the Apes, called Belgium, who cares?
The financial state of the Walloon Region shows a deficit since years and for years to come, who cares?

In a thread of Brussels Airlines you can read the following:
Relevance of Brussels Airlines for Brussels Airport:
- If SN operates a route, that leads to 4 times more Belgian jobs then if a foreign airline would operate the same route.
The federal government gives state aid to the Belgian airliners to save them and keep the jobs as much as possible.
The Walloon region supports foreign LCC’s in CRL who then compete with legacy carriers in Brussels.
Those in Brussels (and in Germany) who think that a strong European network for Brussels Airlines will be a pillar to make the company profitable again in order to pay back the loan: dream on.
Even more: once the runway is extended in CRL, I see Air Belgium starting to eat from the only Brussels Airlines profitable cake also: Africa. Who cares?

Just my 2 cents.
OO-JFP

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

OO-JFP wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 13:46 The Walloon region supports foreign LCC’s in CRL who then compete with legacy carriers in Brussels.
As far as I know, CRL already ask many times Brussels Airlines to open some fly from CRL. They made lot of investment for Air Belgium, and TUI Fly is expended a lot in CRL.

And yes in top of that CRL is doing a fabulous job to stimulate and attract foreign airlines, bringing "direct foreign investment" to the region.

Nobody can denied that CRL is doing a fabulous job!

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

OO-JFP wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 13:46
In a thread of Brussels Airlines you can read the following:
Relevance of Brussels Airlines for Brussels Airport:
- If SN operates a route, that leads to 4 times more Belgian jobs then if a foreign airline would operate the same route.
The federal government gives state aid to the Belgian airliners to save them and keep the jobs as much as possible.
The Walloon region supports foreign LCC’s in CRL who then compete with legacy carriers in Brussels.
Just my 2 cents.
OO-JFP
Ryanair may be a foreign airline but they have bases in Belgium and create a lot of local jobs
Your quote is about airlines which don’t have a base in a Belgium and thus irrelevant.

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

Nobody can denied that CRL is doing a fabulous job!
I hope you are not referring to the airport police? (sorry couldn't resist)
by sn26567 » 05 Sep 2020 06:23 pm
Interesting article in anna.aero showing that CRL is the second most profitable airport for Ryanair, despite being only the 6th largest one.
It makes one hope that Ryanair will keep or even expand activities in CRL. But it raises the question about the level of aid received by the airport or the advantages granted by the airport to Ryanair.
Ryanair may be a foreign airline but they have bases in Belgium and create a lot of local jobs
Your quote is about airlines which don’t have a base in a Belgium and thus irrelevant.
Irrelevant? The support given is also reflected in low(er) airport charges meaning that Wizzair, Laudamotion and the Ryanair flights with non-based aircraft also benefit from this support. Some of these flights operate to exactly the same destinations as similar flights from BRU.

I'm not going to further respond because as usual we don't have details how the "aid received or advantages are granted" by CRL/Sowaer.
I have given up the hope that each of the regions in our country is held responsible for their deficits
OO-JFP

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

OO-JFP wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 13:08
Irrelevant? The support given is also reflected in low(er) airport charges meaning that Wizzair, Laudamotion and the Ryanair flights with non-based aircraft also benefit from this support. Some of these flights operate to exactly the same destinations as similar flights from BRU.
Your quote was about job creation and was irrelevant indeed, in the same way partner airlines operate flights to/from CRL, alliance members operate flights to BRU.
May I suggest you concentrate on the aviation part instead of politics, name calling and inappropriate comments.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-JFP wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 13:08
I have given up the hope that each of the regions in our country is held responsible for their deficits
OO-JFP
Funny that quote, Limburg has one of the highest deficits in Belgium, why should they not be held responsible then for their deficits?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Wizz Air postpones Bacau - Charleroi until 5 December 2020.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The works to extend the runway are now expected to be completed in October 2021, two months late compared to the initial schedule. The delay was due to the Covid-19 crisis.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Air Belgium to restart the Antilles route on 15/16 December 2020.