LOT Polish Airlines / PLL LOT news thread

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: LOT Polish Airlines / PLL LOT news thread

Post by TLspotting »

The 3 remaining Boeing 737-400 leave the airline after 23 years of history!
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sn26567 wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 12:16 LOT buys Condor !!!

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lot- ... it-condor/
It is a really good news for LOT, now let's see how LH will react... Condor has an interesting network from Germany and its routes are regular. A codeshare agreement from WAW to Germany would be interesting (as other airlines from WAW have only charters). Condor has a great American network as well, which LOT doesn't have.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 17:26

It is really good news for LOT, ...
... if they manage to pay their acquisition. I wonder with which money LOT will be able to acquire a company as big as itself. LOT may be government-owned, they have to follow EU rules.

Not so long ago, LOT was on the verge of bankruptcy and was forbidden by the EU to open new routes, acquire new aircraft, etc. And now, all of a sudden, they are capable to buy such a big airline? I wonder...
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

LOT Polish Airlines wants to increase its presence on the Chinese market and, within at least the next ten years, to fly to both airports in Beijing on a daily basis.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

LOT to place in the coming months an order for 30 longhaul aircraft, 20 for Condor and 10 for LOT.

Condor to follow TUI fly DE with their DREAMLINERs...? LOT announced anyway to start replacing 767s by 2024.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 17:33
TLspotting wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 17:26

It is really good news for LOT, ...
... if they manage to pay their acquisition. I wonder with which money LOT will be able to acquire a company as big as itself. LOT may be government-owned, they have to follow EU rules.

Not so long ago, LOT was on the verge of bankruptcy and was forbidden by the EU to open new routes, acquire new aircraft, etc. And now, all of a sudden, they are capable to buy such a big airline? I wonder...
Exactly. This is what I was writing some time ago. In 2012 they were almost bancrupt. The deal with Turkish Airlines didn't received green light bcs they wanted more then 49% of Polish Airlines.

Then they came under the flag of the government together with one of their strongest energy companies. Also the CEO was replaced. Only in 2018 they came under the current mother holding

As from then they money came in like a waterfall.

LOT is a much bigger tread for LH then SN and Brussels Airlines. LOT has a big network in the USA and in Far Asia. With the huge airport, 100 million pax, they are going to build just outside Warsaw, Germany will have a really huge competitor. Also other small airlines in the neighbour countries of Poland would like to fly under the flag of LOT.

So, LH was looking at the West but better had to look at the East. In Belgium we never can have 100 million pax as we are way to small, but East Europe is really booming the last year's.

But you can ask yourself if the rules were followed regarding opening long haul routes on a really high speed and the few B767 they had are replaced by more then 15 B787-8 and B787-9. And more are going to follow.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

LOT Polish Airlines is going to take over 18 E195 aircraft from the Brazilian company Azul. They also take an option for 14 more.

Credit: Luchtvaartnieuws

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 21:28 LOT Polish Airlines is going to take over 18 E195 aircraft from the Brazilian company Azul. They also take an option for 14 more.
It will be a sublease from Azul, not a takeover
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 23:02
Atlantis wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 21:28 LOT Polish Airlines is going to take over 18 E195 aircraft from the Brazilian company Azul. They also take an option for 14 more.
It will be a sublease from Azul, not a takeover
Maybe for the moment bcs Azul want to get rid of them and replace it by the newer ones

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

seeing the continued economic boom in Poland I am not surprised that LOT is taking off big times. Local population has now money in the pocket and like to spend it ... Go to their big cities (Wroclaw, Warsaw, krakow, Gdansk, Poznan...) and watch the construction frenzy, enough said ... Watch the next upcoming Eastern european economy, Ukraine, as well...

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

I am using LOT a lot now that I have moved to Kyiv for my BRU flights and other parts in Europe.

Ukraine International is not in a good financial situation. They are planning to send back 3 737 to lessors. They stopped Amman, Riga, Krakow, Almaty, Minsk, Beijing, Bangkok (this was before the shooting down in Tehran).

Tehran has stopped but rumors that it will restart again in March for the summer season.

They owe also a lot of money for the air service providers:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 71271.html

https://www.kyivpost.com/business/ukrai ... rline.html

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

eurojet wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 13:09 seeing the continued economic boom in Poland I am not surprised that LOT is taking off big times. Local population has now money in the pocket and like to spend it ... Go to their big cities (Wroclaw, Warsaw, krakow, Gdansk, Poznan...) and watch the construction frenzy, enough said ... Watch the next upcoming Eastern european economy, Ukraine, as well...
The economic boom in Poland is going down. For this year they predict less growth.

But don't fall in their trap. Since PiS is leading the country, they want everything big, megalomaan airport of 100 million pax and dito airline.
The hate towards Europe is huge.

An other misunderstanding about money in the pocket of the Polish people. Wages are still very, very low but the costs of daily life is extremely expensive. Food, clothes are even much more expensive then in our shops. It is the mentality that people are living from credit. For everything they take credit. See what happened in 2008 in the States....

Go and see further then only cities. In the cities they are constructing office buildings by Belgian companies like Ghelamco.
Go more to the small towns, villages, smell the very bad air and watch in what kind of conditions they are living.

In short, the government party wants to show how wealthy it is, but reality is so different...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

And Luftie is not happy, as they are on the verge to abandon a cooperation to bring passengers to Frankfurt...

Some more leasing aircraft at the moment...

LY-VEI Airbus A320-233 Avion Express
9H-AMB Airbus A320-212 Avion Express
CS-TKR Boeing 767-36NER EuroAtlantic Airways.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 13:19 Some more leasing aircraft at the moment...

CS-TKR Boeing 767-36NER EuroAtlantic Airways.

LOT Polish Airlines wet-leased one B767-300ER, serial 30854, from euroAtlantic Airways for the month of February 2020, for flights from Warsaw to Chicago.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

LOT Polish Airlines extends suspension of flights to China to 29 February over coronavirus.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

LOT Polish Airlines to launch seasonal services from Rzeszow to Gdansk and Zadar beginning late April 2020 with Q400.

A321Lufthansa

Post by A321Lufthansa »

TLspotting wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 11:18 The 3 remaining Boeing 737-400 leave the airline after 23 years of history!
SP-LLG has returned to service since 26.01.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

The Condor acquisition by the Polish Aviation Group was cleared by Germany’s Federal Cartel Office.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Lufthansa won't fly more for Condor from 2021 after LOT take over.