After Adria Airways bankruptcy, which future for Slovenia aviation?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: Adria Airways suspends operations for the next two days

Post by TLspotting »

Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

TLspotting wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 21:58
This is not English?!?!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

lumumba wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 22:11
This is not English?!?!
That is a tweet, feel free to translate it :D

But well. This Austrian reg is from their lessor, and is no more owned by Adria Airways.

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

lumumba wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 22:11
This is not English?!?!
Well... a picture says a thousand words. It shows at least one A319 and one CRJ-900 have been re-registered.

If this can happen so fast, I wonder how Adria Airways will stay afloat next week and beyond 02 October.

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

Update: no more flight availability in Amadeus GDS, nor on their own website or LH/SN.

Aerofool

Post by Aerofool »

On the website:
Adria Airways files for bankruptcy of the company

On Monday, September 30, 2019, Adria Airways filed a motion for bankruptcy proceedings of the company at the Kranj District Court.

Bankruptcy proceedings were initiated by the management of the company because of the company’s insolvency and based on the Slovenian Financial Operations, Insolvency Proceedings, and Compulsory Dissolution Act (ZFPPIPP) which obligates the management of a company in the position of Adria Airways to file for bankruptcy proceedings of the company.

The court has a three-day statutory period within which it shall decide on the opening of bankruptcy proceedings.

The company announces that it will cancel all scheduled flights due to initiation of bankruptcy proceedings.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Aerofool wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 16:38 On the website:
Adria Airways files for bankruptcy of the company

On Monday, September 30, 2019, Adria Airways filed a motion for bankruptcy proceedings of the company at the Kranj District Court.

Bankruptcy proceedings were initiated by the management of the company because of the company’s insolvency and based on the Slovenian Financial Operations, Insolvency Proceedings, and Compulsory Dissolution Act (ZFPPIPP) which obligates the management of a company in the position of Adria Airways to file for bankruptcy proceedings of the company.

The court has a three-day statutory period within which it shall decide on the opening of bankruptcy proceedings.

The company announces that it will cancel all scheduled flights due to initiation of bankruptcy proceedings.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/adri ... e-company/

LH could take over a few routes.

TLspotting

Re: Adria Airways has filed for bankruptcy

Post by TLspotting »

Bapt'

Post by Bapt' »

Is there any means to get my money back ? (I booked through an online broker)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Bapt' wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 19:57 Is there any means to get my money back ? (I booked through an online broker)
When you have paid the broker by credit card: yes. And it's quite easy, actually. If you can proof that you have paid for tickets, and you add proof that Adria will not perform the flights because of bankruptcy, the credit card issuer will refund you.

Just google "dispute form" and/or "chargeback" with the name of the credit card issuer, and you will find the relevant info and the document you have to fill in and return to the card issuer. If it doens't work, ask the intermediate (most probably a local bank office).

Bapt'

Post by Bapt' »

Passenger wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 23:17
Bapt' wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 19:57 Is there any means to get my money back ? (I booked through an online broker)
When you have paid the broker by credit card: yes. And it's quite easy, actually. If you can proof that you have paid for tickets, and you add proof that Adria will not perform the flights because of bankruptcy, the credit card issuer will refund you.

Just google "dispute form" and/or "chargeback" with the name of the credit card issuer, and you will find the relevant info and the document you have to fill in and return to the card issuer. If it doens't work, ask the intermediate (most probably a local bank office).
Thanks ;) I'll try this

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

More info about chargeback in NL and FR:

Betwistingen:
https://www.mijnkaart.be/index/nl_BE/00 ... tingen.htm

Contestations:
https://www.mijnkaart.be/index/fr_FR/56 ... ations.htm

Bapt'

Post by Bapt' »

Passenger wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 08:55

More info about chargeback in NL and FR:

Betwistingen:
https://www.mijnkaart.be/index/nl_BE/00 ... tingen.htm

Contestations:
https://www.mijnkaart.be/index/fr_FR/56 ... ations.htm
Just called American Express, they told me they can't get the money back in case of a bankruptcy, even if the trip has been booked through an online broker...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Bapt' wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 09:51 Just called American Express, they told me they can't get the money back in case of a bankruptcy, even if the trip has been booked through an online broker...
American Express has two card types: Charge Cards and Credit Cards. They have probably presented their charge card as a credit card (or they haven't told you the difference, knowing you then wouldn't take the cheaper Charge Card):
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/smal ... rge-cards/

Mail them, and tell them you feel misled. Tell them you will cancel your Amex card, unless they refund you. Don't do this by phone - do it via mail. That gives them a bit more time to think about it.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Wizzair comes back to Ljubljana after Adria Airways demise.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Air Slovenia may be set up by the government by February 2020, in the wake of the collapse of Adria Airways. The fleet would consist of 10-12 aircraft and a route network comprising of 15 destinations.

Nordica (Estonia) wrote off a US$7 million debt resulting from the collapse of Adria Airways, as the company deems it irrecoverable.
André
ex Sabena #26567

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

So, as I pointed out earlier, Adria used to help set-up Nordica, by offering its online Sales Platform and JP-codes to get the planes off the ground and fill it with passengers.

Adria was a long-established and prestigious Star Alliance airline that essentially rented out its name, co-operation agreements, and the ability to book and issue tickets to Nordica for a bargain percentage.

However, it seems Adria still owes about €9 million in sale revenue to Nordica. Indeed, in 2016 Adria was already in a bad shape. Money of the Nordica-sales on the Adria-platform (website) have not been paid.

Estonian newspaper Eesti Ekspress quotes Petra Sovdat, a Slovenian journalist, who says the Slovenian government paid 4K Invest as much as € 3 million to turn the airline into a problem for them, and not the Slovenian state.

The €9 million debt was later changed into a loan by the Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications to Adria Germany, which will now be written off.

https://ekspress.delfi.ee/kuum/saksa-ar ... d=87679701

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Lufthansa is reportedly not interested in the Slovenian government’s proposal to jointly set up the country’s new national carrier.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Slovenia’s government is close to jointly establishing a new national carrier with a foreign regional airline, although nothing is firmed yet.
André
ex Sabena #26567