Air Belgium in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

Post by sn26567 »

Discussion going out of hand here. I removed a few posts.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

cathay belgium wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 12:40 Hi,

Short reply : CRL can be very chaotic...long ques, too narrow ,too small hall ways, shortage of seats.... Gates 1-10 with the stairs,. Deboarding from the new terminal...
This is realistic...
You can say,I say CRL is chaotic...nothing wrong to say that... But I take some cheap fares from CRL... But if not I Prefer BRU-EIN and DUS by far even AMS ;)
Btw more expensive parkings also and bad connected by trainde.. ! And that damn white tent for all that years now..

CXB
But at least passengers leave at the same time as their baggage! And aircraft get refuelled! :D
And when there is a huge problem at BRU, TUI redirects its planes to CRL.
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Ha André ,
But we have our part also Skeyes,Bagage,...
We are living in europe ! Haha Europe first..
Well location of your home is the biggest factor here...
CRL is a long way for me, expensive parking but Nice fares.....
EIN is just around my corner but not enough frequencies here to enjoy all the low fares... And expensive parking..
AMS a bit further then BRU, cheap parking, nice big airport but not really cheap fares...
DUS the same but a bit further..
Well BRU stays homebase here with a mixture of all :) ..

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The airport infrastructure is important/relevant when you have direct competition. Example: Cathay from BRU versus Air Belgium from CRL. Brussels wins. But that is history now.

Why does Air Belgium wants own flights again? Probably because the profit margins on their ACMI operations are too thin to survive on long term. So they have chosen for Martinique/Guadeloupe: so be it.

Airport infrastructure at CRL is not the main issue now. Their first problem is their image of unreliability: their HKG fiasco will work against them for years to come. Their second problem is their schedule. Two flights per week is fine for fly-and-drive tourists and hotel-only tourists. But for cruise travel - and that's 32% of tourism to Martinique and Guadeloupe - two flights per week is little. What if the cruise ends on the day of a return flight? Two or three additional hotel nights have to be added then, making Air France cheaper and more convenient then Air Belgium.

And their third problem: their financial result, causing a risk for touroperators. Apparently a capital increase of 7M has been arranged during their annual general meeting on 25th May (source: L'Echo, 16/07/2019). But till today, that hasn't been officially published.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Air Belgium to operate “World Tour – Air Cruise 2019” for French travel agency Safrans Du Monde :

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... s-du-monde

In the article of Pagtour (https://pagtour.info/air-belgium-incont ... uadeloupe/) CCO and CEO say :
Et enfin, ce qu’Air Belgium a déjà accompli :

20% des sièges vers les 2 nouvelles destinations ont déjà été vendus.
1.000 places a/r au prix de lancement de 345 eur ont trouvé preneurs en quelques jours.
L’espace fret vers et à partir de ces destinations est sold out.
Pour le reste la location des appareils se poursuit sans discontinuer, que ce soit pour Air France ou British Airways ou Lot, ou encore en charter pour le Ponant, et même un Tour du Monde de 3 semaines pour Safrans au départ de Paris fin octobre prochain.

Et pour 2020 ?

Les ambitions de la compagnie sont multiples, n’en déplaisent aux contradicteurs.

4 nouvelles destinations réparties sur l’été et l’hiver 2020.
Un nombre d’avions qui devrait augmenter dans un futur proche.
Et pourquoi pas des vols également au départ de Bruxelles National…
In brief :

- 20% of whole seats already bought
- 1000 return flights at €345 bought in a few days...
- Cargo space is sold out

2020 ambitions :

- 4 new destinations for S20 and W20/21.
- Number of aircraft should increase soon. (A330?)
- Might be considering flights from Brussels Airport.

Air Transport World (https://atwonline.com/airports-routes/a ... -hong-kong) says that 2 new transatlantic destinations should open in the future (to be disclosed in due time), FDF and PTP might be 2 distinctive flights in the future...

ACMI throughout 2020 (while flying to China as from April 2020)...
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Duke

Post by Duke »

TLspotting wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 11:51 Air Belgium to operate “World Tour – Air Cruise 2019” for French travel agency Safrans Du Monde :

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... s-du-monde
Three observations :
1) This "World Cruise" is scheduled to take place in about 2 months from now... I wonder who will book this on that short notice... Mostly those events are announced (more than) one year in advance...
2) I'm not sure someone who will book this will be happy to be seated in the economy cabin of the plane... Mostly those World Cruises are operated by a dedicated all business plane...
3) The tour seems to include a flight Lima-Cuzco and back in the A340. Having been at Cuzco myself last year, I can not imagine that an (even lightly loaded) A340 can take off from Cuzco...The departure requires a steep climb out to avoid the surrounding mountains. Only A319, A 320 or B 737's operate to and from Cuzco...
The runway is rather short, can only be used in one direction, and the airport is located at more than 3.000 m altitude...

Regards,

Duke.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Duke,

I am not familiar with that airport, and I am not a pilot, but on Twitter, somebody is asking the same question:

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

586km between the 2 airports. Won't be a full flight neither so maths quickly done I suppose.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

The Cusco leg will be a subcharter with a local airline, too tricky for an A343 and, by heart, probably even outside of the operating envelope. That's why the guests return to Lima after Machu Picchu.
Duke, it is not Air Belgium selling the tour they get paid the same amount, aircraft full or empty.doesn't matter.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Poiu wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 17:21 The Cusco leg will be a subcharter with a local airline, too tricky for an A343 and, by heart, probably even outside of the operating envelope. ...
Indeed.
The A343 is already famous for the Earth curvature being an important factor in getting airborne, so just forget it at Cuzco.

SPZO field elevation is 10860 ft, 3340m,and the mountains surrounding the AD are there for a long time, hence probably won't move anytime soon.
The MSA, minimum safe altitude, around the AD is ... 21 000 ft 8-)

Standard departure imposes a minimum climb of 430ft/NM .....
SPZO SID RWY10.png

Anyhow, the Peruvian CAA give the "Tipo de avion maximo permisible" at Cuzco : B757-200.

So yes, the will need to transfer the Pax on another aircraft to fly Lima-Cuzco.

H.A.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

A few news :

Air Belgium supports Belgian skipper Thibault Raymakers at Mini-Transat 2019 :
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... nsat-2019/

LOT contract extended until at least 24 December 2019.

CCO interview by France Antilles :
https://www.martinique.franceantilles.f ... 534308.php

Philippe Wilmart says that it would be optimistic with the (great) booking rate to announce before the end of September, the extension in the time of CRL-FDF/PTP-CRL flights until end August 2020.

He adds that this arrival in French Antilles is a long-term engagement, and the airline hopes (as already mentioned in other media) to fly to French Antilles with 2 different flights from Charleroi (one to PTP, and one to FDF).

lucas

Post by lucas »

TLspotting wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 18:45
Philippe Wilmart says that it would be optimistic with the (great) booking rate to announce before the end of September, the extension in the time of CRL-FDF/PTP-CRL flights until end August 2020.

He adds that this arrival in French Antilles is a long-term engagement, and the airline hopes (as already mentioned in other media) to fly to French Antilles with 2 different flights from Charleroi (one to PTP, and one to FDF).
Announced today! Air Belgium extends the service to PTP and FDF until September.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... =facebook

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lucas wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 19:08
TLspotting wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 18:45

Announced today! Air Belgium extends the service to PTP and FDF until September.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... =facebook
And in English: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... al-months/
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Air Belgium OOABD is now flying from CRL to FDF as KF5961, press trip.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 14:43 Air Belgium OOABD is now flying from CRL to FDF as KF5961, press trip.
Rather a travel agents trip. Very few journalists invited.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Has British Airways found a better (or cheaper?) subcontractor than Air Belgium?

British Airways filed London Gatwick – New York JFK service for winter 2019/20, with a leased A330 from Evelop Airlines (Spain).
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sn26567 wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 21:13 Has British Airways found a better (or cheaper?) subcontractor than Air Belgium?

British Airways filed London Gatwick – New York JFK service for winter 2019/20, with a leased A330 from Evelop Airlines (Spain).
Actually, Titan replaces (from 7 Nov) on LHR-CAI using A321...

And New York was for LOT, and is still.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

OO-ABB has removed its flag sticker at the middle of the aircraft.

Air Belgium is preparing world tour with this aircraft. It is at BRU at the moment, it should depart to CDG on Saturday in the early morning or on Friday in the evening.

Konus

Post by Konus »

Poiu wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 17:21 The Cusco leg will be a subcharter with a local airline, too tricky for an A343 and, by heart, probably even outside of the operating envelope. That's why the guests return to Lima after Machu Picchu.
Duke, it is not Air Belgium selling the tour they get paid the same amount, aircraft full or empty.doesn't matter.
Does anybody know which airline has executed the LIM-CUZ yesterday evening (28OCT) ? And who will it do tomorrow (30OCT) on the CUZ-LIM leg ?

Konus

Post by Konus »

What happened to flight KF2019 (World Tour - Air Cruise 2019)? The aircraft OO-ABB is still on the ground in Lima, Peru since 28 October.