Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

BrightCedars

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by BrightCedars »

If you're going to keep a business class on your planes then it makes sense to reserver some bundled perks to differentiate that offering. Moving away from EW model and closer to LH model could also mean simplifying the tarif classes vis-à-vis the cabin classes. Maybe business will become a bit more affordable. Now of course there's the problem of employer policies that prevent the use of business in most cases when flying within Europe.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Is SN still flying to TLV? Security doesn't seem too guaranteed...

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Knack has it right:

Despite its shamefully high unemployment rates, the Brussels Region prefers (night) rest for its population over an expanding Zaventem.

Charleroi cannot follow intercontinental for the time being. Few transfer passengers opt for an airport that does not offer European connections after an intercontinental flight. But it doesn't have to stay that way. The slope in Brussels South is being extended.

It is 'self-interest first' in Belgian aviation. This policy therefore reflects the political system in this country, which is only connected to a rattling and rattling frame.

https://trends.knack.be/economie/bedrij ... 31123.html

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Well you can say that the government don't need to help a German airline now...
It will invest in belgian airport , moving flights to Charleroi to release stress is a good idea..
The Netherlands expands Lelystad also...
You can read this policy in this such way in a belgian sense instead of a defunct walloon flemish disease..
It's all a matter of interpretation no ?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Jetter wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 02:02 Knack has it right:

Despite its shamefully high unemployment rates, the Brussels Region prefers (night) rest for its population over an expanding Zaventem.

Charleroi cannot follow intercontinental for the time being. Few transfer passengers opt for an airport that does not offer European connections after an intercontinental flight. But it doesn't have to stay that way. The slope in Brussels South is being extended.

It is 'self-interest first' in Belgian aviation. This policy therefore reflects the political system in this country, which is only connected to a rattling and rattling frame.

https://trends.knack.be/economie/bedrij ... 31123.html
Yes Brussels prefers to protect the night rest of there citizens there is nothing crazy about that it's not the first city to refuse night flights.

The problem here is that Flanders accepts night flights but for an airport with a big population density around it,it should be logical to stop night flights.

This small article is really not a quality analysis "kort door de bocht " that's what they call a article like that in Dutch.

Brussels Airlines don't suffer from the night ban all the country is supporting Brussels Airlines it is Di Ripo who tried to help Brussels airlines but the EU refused!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Duke

Post by Duke »

HQ_BRU_Lover wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 19:27 Is SN still flying to TLV? Security doesn't seem too guaranteed...
Yes, SN still flies to TLV, even mostly twice a day... (although the second flight is a "night flight", leaving Brussels at 9.30 pm and arriving in TLV at around 2 am...)

I flew to TLV last month, and was surprised to see that security was not different from any other flight.. so, no extra questions about the luggage, etc.. like it used to be a few years ago...
So, I don't mean that security is not good, but that there is no (noticeable) extra security for the TLV flgith...
When leaving TLV, security at the airport is a bit more strict, and quite some questions are asked before one is allowed to go to the check-in counters...
On the whole, I did have a safe feeling...

I flew business (for the first time with SN). I must admit I was rather disappointed. Business uses the first 3 or 4 rows in the plane, and only a cardboard above the seat indicates where Business ends en Flex and Fast starts...
Nothing else, no different seats, not even a curtain dividing the parts of the plane, so that all economy passengers just freely walk around the whole plane, e.g; to use the front lavatory. Only the middle seat is not sold, but no noticeable more legroom or other space, and not really a quiet environment.
The crew is very friendly, but doesn't offer too much extra. Yes, there is a free meal (but on the day flight, leaving Brussels at 9.30 am and arriving in TLV at 3 pm, it is standard only beakfast...). Everything else can be ordered for free from the menu, but is not offered as standard.
So, what are then the advantages of flying Business? Quicker check-in, using the fast lane for security, and priority luggage delivery at the belt... and, the use of the lounges...
I'm not sure a real business man (I'm only a tourist flying business "by accident"...because the flight was fully booked) will pay that much extra for what is offered by SN.
SN must offer a real business class product, with decent seating in a separate cabin, even on European flights, and certainly on the TLV flgith, which takes 4.30 hours...

Both ways, the flight was 100% full... so there seems to be a market for TLV, and even an A321 would be justified on that route.. I don't know about yields on that route, but I guess this must certainly be a profitable flight...

Btw, in the in-flight magazine, I was surprised to discover that SN doesn't fly to Sofia, nor to Dublin... When SN wants to use its European network as a feeder for the AFI flights, it should at least have connections to every European capital...

Regards,

Duke

flo82b

Post by flo82b »

Hi,

anybody here on the forum having a spare Brussels Airlines Lounge Voucher via M&M Select Benefit or from somewhere else. Travelling in a small group and missing lounge access for one person on a M&M airline (Not SN) and unable to get any information from Brussels Airlines or Miles & More if you can just get paid access for that extra person. Happy to pay for the voucher!

Florian

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Most EU airlines don't have 'extra'security to TLV it is, it is mainly EL AL. They wanted to fly to CPH but didn't start the route as the DK government refused to grant the Israeli's their own security staff for CPH airport.

I don't think there is that much demand to Africa and Dublin. Also DUB I assume would not be profitable with FR and EI on the route with low prices.
SN does not fly to many capitals. It also doesn't have a morning rotation to Madrid which crazy.

Speaking of biz class - there are rumors A3 will put in IFE in it's new A320 aircraft, so another airline that ups its game in Europe if they do it.

lucas

Post by lucas »

Duke wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 11:19
I flew to TLV last month, and was surprised to see that security was not different from any other flight.. so, no extra questions about the luggage, etc.. like it used to be a few years ago...
So, I don't mean that security is not good, but that there is no (noticeable) extra security for the TLV flgith...
When leaving TLV, security at the airport is a bit more strict, and quite some questions are asked before one is allowed to go to the check-in counters...
On the whole, I did have a safe feeling...
I flew to Tel Aviv in July with El Al. We were in BRU almost three hours before departure, and due to the extra security checks, we barely made it to our flight. They indeed questionned everyone, even those who didn't speek English at al. In the return flight, there was no extra security at all. Three people of our group have been taken apart for almost an hour because one year before, they had been to Pakistan and Abu Dhabi, countries that do no not recognise Israel.
Duke wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 11:19
I flew business (for the first time with SN). I must admit I was rather disappointed. Business uses the first 3 or 4 rows in the plane, and only a cardboard above the seat indicates where Business ends en Flex and Fast starts...
Nothing else, no different seats, not even a curtain dividing the parts of the plane, so that all economy passengers just freely walk around the whole plane, e.g; to use the front lavatory. Only the middle seat is not sold, but no noticeable more legroom or other space, and not really a quiet environment.
The crew is very friendly, but doesn't offer too much extra. Yes, there is a free meal (but on the day flight, leaving Brussels at 9.30 am and arriving in TLV at 3 pm, it is standard only beakfast...). Everything else can be ordered for free from the menu, but is not offered as standard.
So, what are then the advantages of flying Business? Quicker check-in, using the fast lane for security, and priority luggage delivery at the belt... and, the use of the lounges...
I'm not sure a real business man (I'm only a tourist flying business "by accident"...because the flight was fully booked) will pay that much extra for what is offered by SN.
SN must offer a real business class product, with decent seating in a separate cabin, even on European flights, and certainly on the TLV flgith, which takes 4.30 hours...
We flew economy class with El Al, and it was by far the best medium-haul flight I've ever had. There was plenty of legroom, every single seat got an audio system with headset so you could listen to the flims that were played on the overhead screens or to up to 15 different radio stations. We got a nice meal and two or three drinks for free. I would for sure fly them again!

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

LY has its 738's flying at 148 pax capacity. No wonder leg room is generous.

Duke

Post by Duke »

lucas wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 12:42
We flew economy class with El Al, and it was by far the best medium-haul flight I've ever had. There was plenty of legroom, every single seat got an audio system with headset so you could listen to the flims that were played on the overhead screens or to up to 15 different radio stations. We got a nice meal and two or three drinks for free. I would for sure fly them again!

So there seems to be an enormous difference between SN and LY.
A 4,5 hours flight on SN without any form of IFE (not even a simple moving map above the passenger's heads) is quite boring...

b720

Post by b720 »

Today, you can compare SN with easyJet .. and it doesn’t
Look good in comparison.. overpriced and increasingly inferior service.. LY is definitely the best option to TLV.
Problem is that they don’t fly on Shabbat.
Like A3 is a better option to Athens..

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I have the same feeling with LY they have a good service for me it's the same problem with SU on the Moscow route SU is better.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

lumumba wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 10:54 I have the same feeling with LY they have a good service for me it's the same problem with SU on the Moscow route SU is better.
If SN simply installs a sort of local network where you can connect your tablet with you can see all the films they offer on the long haul flights and a moving map. Don't have to be WIFI (as that's really expensive for an airline) but at least the local network could be a start.

And it does exist, Titan airways offers the same on their fleet
Citybird
The flying dream

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Ansett wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 23:01 Does anyone know for sure if SN is legally (juridisch/juridiquement) separated (divorced) from EW ? Are they standing alone ? (as LH still leaves SN in limbo).

Like other members rightly pointed out, it is not by shrinking that you solve the problem. Expanding in promissing/profitable markets is part of the solution.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... euwe-china

= India is the new China. The void left by Jetairways has not been completely filled.

SN to India again (with schedules which make connections at BRU a good option for flights to North America, also in codeshare with AC and UA ? Well, I presume LH will want to keep the Indian market for itself.
LH will not share its Indian market with SN. They did not want the extension of Mumbai in time.
AI will not wish to overshadow LH .. and so will not come to BRU. Indigo?
Not having a direct line between Brussels and India is simply pathetic.

convair

Post by convair »

No more Moscow flights for SN? Has this been announced?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 10:35 No more Moscow flights for SN? Has this been announced?
Source? I haven't heard anything.
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:24
convair wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 10:35 No more Moscow flights for SN? Has this been announced?
last one appears to be 29/11 and after that none are planned.. unable to book through the website
Citybird
The flying dream

convair

Post by convair »

CTBke wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:44
sn26567 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:24
last one appears to be 29/11 and after that none are planned.. unable to book through the website
Last one mentioned on FR24 data was on November 17.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

convair wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:53
CTBke wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:44
sn26567 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:24 Source? I haven't heard anything.
Last one mentioned on FR24 data was on November 17.
looks like they cancelled with immediate effect and in silence
Citybird
The flying dream