Brussels Airlines in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TLspotting

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 12 Jan 2019, 23:26

lumumba wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 16:39
TLspotting wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 15:26
Boavida wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 15:24
2019: probably the last year of Brussels Airlines :cry:
The last complete year I guess
Is this speculation or you have inside information????
If it's speculation again please shut up.....
Not speculation, but the end is expected for end 2020, so maybe like TCAB, finish the ops at the end of the summer season
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

Vic Diesel

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Post by Vic Diesel » 14 Jan 2019, 13:31

b720 wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 18:40
Well, it is definitely not going in the right direction..
More towards a full lcc. Catering for C class downgraded on European flights, bottled water removed from the lounges.. and last night I witnessed check in agents hartasing people including c class and priority with their hand luggage. They actually forced people to pack their duty free purchases into their hand luggage! It seems that from now on duty free purchases amount to an item of hand luggage.. let s see how long that will last before BRU airport does something about it.
C'mon, that "harassment" of paxes at the gate is been a usual practice on VIE-ZRH-VIE flights for quite some time - although even at "LCC hell CRL", there are big signs stating that ONE bag of duty free purchases is free. They also routinely ask cabin trolleys to be checked in at the gate if flights are fully booked. Last time the gate agent tried it, I simply refused, remarking that I had fragile items in my hand luggage and will definitely not check it in (and with priority boarding, I will definitely HAVE the space for that trolley). I stayed friendly but firm in my opinion, so eventually she moved along the line.

Also, removal of bottled water from the lounges: I can only applaud to that, at least plastic bottles should be banned from the lounges. It was about time to do that! They could introduce glass bottles though.
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, working in Brussels)