Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
737MAX
Posts: 266
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by 737MAX » 19 Oct 2019, 19:15

Bel33 wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 19:12
Poiu wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 18:17
Bel33 wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 10:27
I am surprised nobody talk about the reliability of Airbus A330... In 2018 SFM had been the most reliable! It was the oldest one.
We had that discussion before in this topic, can you clarify how you measure that reliability?
I am not the author of this publication. I was just referring to it to show that the age of an aircraft is not a significant source of problems. On the other hand, remember the City jet SRJ 100s: new aircraft and many technical problems...
Yes, but it's like comparing Dacia and Porsche (not saying which one is the most reliable - for cars at least :lol: ).
I think nobody can deny the fact that a new plane (of the same type) will be more reliable than a 20 y.o. lady...

Poiu
Posts: 629
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Poiu » 20 Oct 2019, 06:47

Bel33 wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 19:12
Poiu wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 18:17
Bel33 wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 10:27
I am surprised nobody talk about the reliability of Airbus A330... In 2018 SFM had been the most reliable! It was the oldest one.
We had that discussion before in this topic, can you clarify how you measure that reliability?
I am not the author of this publication. I was just referring to it to show that the age of an aircraft is not a significant source of problems.
Well then you are probably referring to a spreadsheet of a member, who, afterwards, changed his conclusion about SFM as the assumptions he made were wrong.

DIBO
Posts: 537
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 14:54

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by DIBO » 20 Oct 2019, 13:29

Tuifly's OO-JEB Tangier->Antwerp diverted to BRU due to fog @ANR. Subsequent flight of OO-JEB to Palma departed from BRU with 1 hour delay, so all in all the impact for the passengers was rather limited.

User avatar
Konus
Posts: 242
Joined: 02 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Kontich, Belgium

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Konus » 21 Oct 2019, 08:38

DIBO wrote:
20 Oct 2019, 13:29
Tuifly's OO-JEB Tangier->Antwerp diverted to BRU due to fog @ANR. Subsequent flight of OO-JEB to Palma departed from BRU with 1 hour delay, so all in all the impact for the passengers was rather limited.
Exactly at the time OO-JEB had to land at ANR, OO-JEM departed without any problem from ANR to ALC. I live in crow flight not even 5 km from the aerodrome but did not see any fog at all.
Strange :o

737MAX
Posts: 266
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by 737MAX » 21 Oct 2019, 09:05

Konus wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 08:38
DIBO wrote:
20 Oct 2019, 13:29
Tuifly's OO-JEB Tangier->Antwerp diverted to BRU due to fog @ANR. Subsequent flight of OO-JEB to Palma departed from BRU with 1 hour delay, so all in all the impact for the passengers was rather limited.
Exactly at the time OO-JEB had to land at ANR, OO-JEM departed without any problem from ANR to ALC. I live in crow flight not even 5 km from the aerodrome but did not see any fog at all.
Strange :o
There *was* fog yesterday morning at ANR, and a layer of low clouds.
It's perfectly possible that the incoming aircraft was unable to land due to that layer of cloud, but without any impact for the departing one.

Passenger
Posts: 6326
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Passenger » 21 Oct 2019, 17:07

Smoke in the cockpit for Monday's TB3141 CRL-SSH Charleroi-Sharm el Sheikh, operated by SmartLynx A320-200 ES-SAT:

passenger report:
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tui- ... andidates/

AvHerald.com:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4ce4817e&opt=0

Aircraft involved:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/es-sat

Poiu
Posts: 629
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Poiu » 21 Oct 2019, 18:46

Konus wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 08:38
Exactly at the time OO-JEB had to land at ANR, OO-JEM departed without any problem from ANR to ALC. I live in crow flight not even 5 km from the aerodrome but did not see any fog at all.
Strange :o
:roll: :lol:
It is clear you don’t have a clue about the definition of take off and landing minima! No problem at all and it’s absolutely fine to ask questions about it, but please refrain from making nonsense statements.

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 02 Nov 2019, 10:52

Norwegian D82899 CPH - LGW operated by EIGBB diverted this morning to BRU.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

ZavCity
Posts: 127
Joined: 11 Nov 2014, 17:58

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by ZavCity » 02 Nov 2019, 12:05

Why BRU? Is not on the direct route between the 2 cities..
gtz
paul

Poiu
Posts: 629
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Poiu » 02 Nov 2019, 13:47

ZavCity wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 12:05
Why BRU? Is not on the direct route between the 2 cities..
gtz
paul
Because it was the most suitable airport in the opinion of the pilot in command.

convair
Posts: 1762
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by convair » 03 Nov 2019, 12:48

All SN long/haul are scheduled to arrive on time at destination today!

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35648
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by sn26567 » 03 Nov 2019, 14:54

convair wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 12:48
All SN long/haul are scheduled to arrive on time at destination today!
You might indeed consider this as an anomaly :roll: :lol:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger
Posts: 6326
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Passenger » 03 Nov 2019, 15:16

sn26567 wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 14:54
convair wrote:
03 Nov 2019, 12:48
All SN long/haul are scheduled to arrive on time at destination today!
You might indeed consider this as an anomaly :roll: :lol:
Luckily we have Air Belgium who stepped in.
After the breakdown of OO-ABB on 28th October, the World Tour 2019 from French tour organizer Safarans du Monde was grounded for 4 days at Lima. Backup aircraft CS-TQP now continues the tour with Lima-Mataveri (Easter Island).
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65198&start=280#p388671

lucas
Posts: 109
Joined: 01 Feb 2017, 15:06

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by lucas » 06 Nov 2019, 18:46

A 747F operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic for Astral Aviation is returning to Liège. It dumped fuel above the North Sea. The dumping took about half an hour.
https://www.flightradar24.com/ACP2612/22bf8325

Passenger
Posts: 6326
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Passenger » 06 Nov 2019, 19:19

lucas wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 18:46
A 747F operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic for Astral Aviation is returning to Liège. It dumped fuel above the North Sea. The dumping took about half an hour.
https://www.flightradar24.com/ACP2612/22bf8325
Destination was probably LOS Lagos:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/8v2612/

Passenger
Posts: 6326
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Passenger » 07 Nov 2019, 14:44

Next weekend (09-11 Nov), some trains to Brussels Airport will not operate:

NL:
https://www.belgiantrain.be/nl/news/wor ... we-airport
FR:
https://www.belgiantrain.be/fr/news/wor ... we-airport

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1077
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 10 Nov 2019, 11:42

Jamming tests planned :

A3794/19 NOTAMN
Q) EBBU/QGWXX/IV/NBO/E /000/050/5110N00423E001
A) EBBU B) 1911130800 C) 1911141800
D) DAILY 0800-1800
E) GNSS SIGNAL DISRUPTION POSSIBLE UP TO 5000FT AMSL 511026N0042315E
RADIUS 01NM DUR TO REMOTELY PILOTED ACFT SYSTEM (RPAS) JAMMING TESTS
CREATED: 08 Nov 2019 13:22:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN


A3793/19 NOTAMN
Q) EBBU/QACLP/IV/NBO/AE/000/025/5111N00428E015
A) EBAW B) 1911130800 C) 1911141800
D) DAILY 0800-1800
E) ANT CTR REMOTELY PILOTED ACFT SYSTEM (RPAS) FLT PROHIBITED DUE TO
RPAS JAMMING TESTS.
CREATED: 08 Nov 2019 13:14:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

A3795/19 NOTAMN
Q) EBBU/QPIAU/I /NBO/A /000/999/5111N00428E005
A) EBAW B) 1911130800 C) 1911141800
E) IAP RNP RWY 11 NOT AVBL DUE TO RPAS JAMMING TESTS
CREATED: 08 Nov 2019 13:27:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

H.A.

DIBO
Posts: 537
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 14:54

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by DIBO » 10 Nov 2019, 14:32

Why you want to cause GNSS signal disruption for testing purposes within 5 km of a regional airport and right below 2 of the most used SID's (Nicky & Gilom) is beyond me. Not that the onboard navigation equipment hasn't any alternative means when GNSS signals fail (enough DME's in the area), but just for the precautionary principle....
And no RNP's on RWY11, let's hope it isn't bad weather with easterly winds on those days...
And RPAS jamming tests in a populated city area...will they use airborne RPAS tests?? (I presume so). What if an RPAS goes haywire??
And next to the A12 highway, with all that traffic using GPS navigation software. I know it's not that big a deal, if you drive through a tunnel, you also loose also signal.
And did they inform all surveyors that might be active in the area, nowadays they use high precision GNSS signals, to do their surveyor work down to the centimeter, so to speak.

If they move just 25km N/E, they have a big shooting range with associated Danger zone, virtually impacting nobody (even if things go wrong).
:? :?

TLspotting
Posts: 1359
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Anomalies in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2019

Post by TLspotting » 18 Nov 2019, 17:53

FI554 KEF-BRU had to turn back to KEF after a sticking valve in deicing system.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Post Reply