The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: The CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines

Post by nordikcam »

KriVa wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 12:29 EI-FWD is the SSJ which had an incident upon landing on June 20th. I guess it’s still not fixed.
There is not only one SSJ to have known some worries @ SN, I think that A, B, C and D ... have had some. Just read the history of the posts. I'm still on 2 cancellations in June ...la goutte qui a fait déborder le vase. So my question "Do SN will keep the contract with Cityjet but with another type of plane ? " ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It is widely expected that SN will cancel the SSJ contract with CityJet before it expires in March 2019 with three possibilities:
  • Continue with another CityJet aircraft, e.g. the CRJ900
  • Switch to another subcontractor, e.g. Flybe or bmi regional
  • Fly its own aircraft, e.g. A319
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 17:00 It is widely expected that SN will cancel the SSJ contract with CityJet before it expires in March 2019 with three possibilities:
Flybe wouldn't be an option anymore as there were many problems with the cargo capacity on the Q400 and they didn't have the E-jet available for lease
Citybird
The flying dream

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sn26567 wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 17:00 It is widely expected that SN will cancel the SSJ contract with CityJet before it expires in March 2019 with three possibilities:
No need to speculate: the upgrade on BMA already gives the direction away, doesn't it?
Additional leases for 2 A319s will be signed shortly... ;)

Oh, and although unrelated, yet another A320 will be added to the fleet next summer.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

tolipanebas wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 21:28
No need to speculate: the upgrade on BMA already gives the direction away, doesn't it?
Additional leases for 2 A319s will be signed shortly... ;)

Oh, and although unrelated, yet another A320 will be added to the fleet next summer.
no A321's in sight yet ? :)
Citybird
The flying dream

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 21:28 Additional leases for 2 A319s will be signed shortly... ;)
I hear that the leases would already have been signed if the pilot unions had signed the agreement with management instead of waiting for... For what?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Not only Brussels Airlines has problems with CityJet wet-leases: SAS Scandinavian Airlines cancelled 700 flights over related crewing issues with CityJet, as SAS wet-leases aircraft from the Irish carrier.
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

But that does not prevent SN from continuing the operation of this aircraft or with CityJet. SN is therefore content with the situation even if it is probably not happy ...
The "SSJ Problems Festival" of the day for SN is : ... 2h delay for Figari or Zadar, 6h for Edinburg ... who will have the palm ? Maybe a cancelled flight will be the winner !

convair

Post by convair »

Passenger wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 17:26
nordikcam wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 16:10 But that does not prevent SN from continuing the operation of this aircraft or with CityJet. SN is therefore content with the situation even if it is probably not happy ...
The "SSJ Problems Festival" of the day for SN is : ... 2h delay for Figari or Zadar, 6h for Edinburg ... who will have the palm ? Maybe a cancelled flight will be the winner!
Thank you very much for concerns about this problem. But may I suggest that you add one more flight to your daily searches? It's a flight that also qualifies for your Problems Festival:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/af104
Thanks for your close monitoring of Air Belgium. But do not hesitate to widen your investigation: SN 551 landed at Toronto yesterday with 2h31 delay.
Granted, it was yesterday... :)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 17:26
nordikcam wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 16:10 But that does not prevent SN from continuing the operation of this aircraft or with CityJet. SN is therefore content with the situation even if it is probably not happy ...
The "SSJ Problems Festival" of the day for SN is : ... 2h delay for Figari or Zadar, 6h for Edinburg ... who will have the palm ? Maybe a cancelled flight will be the winner!
Thank you very much for concerns about this problem. But may I suggest that you add one more flight to your daily searches? It's a flight that also qualifies for your Problems Festival:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/af104
But I totally agree with you about Air Belgium ... I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. This is for the moment a good joke. If I'm so sarcastic about SN ... it's that I'm going from disillusionment to disillusionment when I honestly think that at the organizational level, at the human level, at the technological level, with my large experience of North Atlantic flights (YYZ principaly ) this company should be somewhere else than where it is for the moment in a generally well-kept base, BRU ( police is another problem) ... and nothing moves, nothing evolves, nothing changes, stuck by Eurowings or LH. It's frustrating when you compare KLM and the Dutch management ... After the long-haul fleet problems that tend to diminish, the SSJ are the straw that breaks the camel. As I said before : "who bene amat, bene castigat" ... "qui aime... bien châtie bien" ( sorry for those french words )

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Is there a need to reconfirm that "the CityJet Sukhoi SSJ100-95 saga is hurting Brussels Airlines"? Really? If so: yes, it is. And Brussels Airlines is well aware of it. I know of one meeting, few weeks ago, where it was discussed in Frankfurt. But realism ruled. Just one example: what if Brussels Airlines unilaterally cancels the contract? It will then end up in the trade court, which means that final settlement is within a year or ten. And meanwhile: who will / which aircraft will do the job?

Regarding my referral here to AF104, operated by Air Belgium: when someone opens a "Problems Festival", it looks fair to me remind that we have a firm competitor for the Superjets.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Perhaps if Cityjet and Air Nostrum get emerged Cityjet can get their hands on more crj’s to be used for Brussels. But i guess this process is not completed in 1-2-3. But i feel the Sukhoi’s will be out anyway. The question is what will happen afterwards with these “matroesjka’s”.

Flybe, might be a option. But then if my memory is good, they already did that before and that contract got ended as well in the end. ( i dont know here the full story). So why bothering again?? And would Flybe be interested??
BMI Regional: they are even downsizing their fleet!!!! And the Emb has only 49 seats!! Their capacity is way too low to replace Cityjet. And the few aircraft they have, are also being used for other wet lease contracts.

Plus, would SN really choose for a UK operator that is operating with a UK aoc knowing that there is still this brexit thing coming up and that the future is very unsecure?

The most logical thing would be that SN operates these flights themselves. More jobs for belgian ppl, or German.

Have a nice evening.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Maybe the same for Cityjet and finaly for SN. Is the amount of compensation or insurance related to the various cancellations and malfunctions known ?
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ts-451005/
(Interjet compensated for SSJ100 maintenance costs)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Another one with a problem: SSJ100 EI-FWC BRU-VCE SN3201 returned to BRU today, after U-turn near Konstanz...

EI-FWA took over and brought the passengers to VCE with a delay of three hours and 30 minutes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

sn26567 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 23:08 Another one with a problem: SSJ100 EI-FWC BRU-VCE SN3201 returned to BRU today, after U-turn near Konstanz...

EI-FWA took over and brought the passengers to VCE with a delay of three hours and 30 minutes.
This SSJ problem is ridiculous. We are asking at the time of reservation (reservation of several flights) which type of plane will make the line ... an Airbus, I take. A SSJ, I will see elsewhere! I am unfortunately there!

su0229

Post by su0229 »

I have had two perfect flights with the Superjet. In fact, the Superjet was the only reason for me to fly Brussels Airlines.

When Brussels Airlines started the project, they were aware that they were flying a new type of aircraft with teething problems. In addition, the reputation of Russian manufacturers in terms of aftersales and parts supply is and was not too good. Superjet International regrettably does not have its affairs in order .... Spare parts, a good manual etc. etc.

I think that the Superjet is an excellent aircraft, but that the manufacturer itself stands in the way of a success.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Aviation24.be, su0229, and thanks for your input on this thread.
André
ex Sabena #26567

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

We flew one last week-end to Warsaw (EI-FWA)
I thought it was comfortable, but NOISEY.

Funnily enough, it was our first trip on a Russian made plane (even though coming from the Former Soviet Union)
SN's Airbuses still are more comfortable, so I'm fine with the idea of the SSJ's being replaced

jerry

Post by jerry »

I find the SSJ way more comfortable than the airbuses (comeon, seat-pitch 32 compared to the 30 of airbuses?). Moreover, the 2-3 configuration is way better than the 3-3. I had 3 flights so far, all with no problem (but I acknowledge that I was among the lucky ones)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

jerry wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 11:25 I find the SSJ way more comfortable than the airbuses (comeon, seat-pitch 32 compared to the 30 of airbuses?). Moreover, the 2-3 configuration is way better than the 3-3. I had 3 flights so far, all with no problem (but I acknowledge that I was among the lucky ones)
The SSJ can be more comfortable when the aircraft is flying on time !