Blue Skies forever

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Blue Skies forever

Post by Passenger »

Valère Croes (86), Sabena's president of the Board April 1997 - April 2001.

Source: Stefaan Michielsen, senior writer De Tijd:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sad news for the international test pilot community. Former chief test pilot for Dassault, Jean-Marie Saget, passes away aged 91. He had 20,000 hours on 150 types of aircraft.

André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Al Worden, American astronaut and USAF Colonel, died on 18 March 2020 at age 88.

Al_Worden_Apollo_15_CMP.jpg

Al Worden was one of the least remembered pioneering-time astronauts, having flown in space only once as Command Module Pilot of Apollo 15 in 1971 together with David Scott and Jim Irvin.

Blue skies forever Al Worden.

H.A.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Captain Kabati of Kenya Airways, died due to COVID-19 after flying from New York JFK to Nairobi.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

RIP Eric Denis, only 52 years old, corona victim.

“...Eric Denis was also part of the European Hockey Federation (EHF) Umpire Development Program and the ARBH International unit. But it’s undoubtedly in the clouds that Eric Denis' true career unfolded. He was a high-flying pilot, captain on the Royal Falcon and on the Belgian Army Airbus, pilot of the famous Seaking helicopter and commander of the Melsbroek military base. He was an instructor and pilot, both in the army and in the civilian sector, with TUI, Netjets, and until recently with Norwegian Airlines, where he was ‘base captain’ of their operation in Barcelona"...

https://www.en24.news/n24i/2020/04/eric ... -died.html

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Passenger wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 12:31
RIP Eric Denis, only 52 years old, corona victim.

“...Eric Denis was also part of the European Hockey Federation (EHF) Umpire Development Program and the ARBH International unit. But it’s undoubtedly in the clouds that Eric Denis' true career unfolded. He was a high-flying pilot, captain on the Royal Falcon and on the Belgian Army Airbus, pilot of the famous Seaking helicopter and commander of the Melsbroek military base. He was an instructor and pilot, both in the army and in the civilian sector, with TUI, Netjets, and until recently with Norwegian Airlines, where he was ‘base captain’ of their operation in Barcelona"...

https://www.en24.news/n24i/2020/04/eric ... -died.html
I saw many messages of sympathy in the 15th Wing Facebook Group, well appreciated it seems. He'll be missed.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »