2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33288
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by sn26567 » 12 May 2018, 16:45

DIBO wrote:
12 May 2018, 09:07
For those who forgot, this weekend Stampe & Ercoupe Fly-In
http://www.aviation24.be/air-shows/stam ... p-airport/
Gevonden tijdens fly-in op onze luchthaven te Antwerpen op 12/05/2018 fototoestel van het merk CANON EOS 5D MARK II.

Inspectie Beveiliging,
Staljanssens Rafael
André
ex Sabena #26567

DIBO
Posts: 420
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 14:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by DIBO » 13 May 2018, 19:11

Boeing767copilot wrote:
04 May 2018, 16:30
FlyBe arrival today: 62 pax, not bad at all. :D
today's arrival: 64 pax / departure: 40 pax

VLM_Antwerp
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 13:42

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by VLM_Antwerp » 14 May 2018, 09:00

DIBO wrote:
13 May 2018, 19:11
Boeing767copilot wrote:
04 May 2018, 16:30
FlyBe arrival today: 62 pax, not bad at all. :D
today's arrival: 64 pax / departure: 40 pax
I just booked to fly them in December, hopefully they keep on flying ANR :p

DIBO
Posts: 420
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 14:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by DIBO » 03 Jun 2018, 23:46

Probably, it's very difficult to properly maintain the arrivals & departures section of ones airport website....
ANR's website has only an (impressive) list of VLM flight for tomorrow, Monday 4th (just 1 flight missing)
But Firenze, Split and Ibiza flight are for the moment nowhere to be found on the ANR website's Monday flight details....
Dept:
VO101 7:00 LONDON CITY
VO131 7:05 MUNICH
VO141 7:25 ZURICH
VO103 10:10 LONDON CITY
VO171 11:40 ABERDEEN
VO163 13:50 BIRMINGHAM
VO137 17:30 MUNICH
VO109 17:50 LONDON CITY
VO147 18:00 ZURICH
Arr:
VO102 9:35 LONDON CITY
VO142 11:10 ZURICH
VO132 11:15 MUNICH
VO104 12:50 LONDON CITY
VO172 16:10 ABERDEEN
VO164 17:30 BIRMINGHAM
seems we've lost VO110...
VO138 21:30 MUNICH
VO148 21:45 ZURICH

Shengenzone
Posts: 284
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 16:59

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Shengenzone » 04 Jun 2018, 00:30

DIBO wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 23:46
Probably, it's very difficult to properly maintain the arrivals & departures section of ones airport website....
ANR's website has only an (impressive) list of VLM flight for tomorrow, Monday 4th (just 1 flight missing)
But Firenze, Split and Ibiza flight are for the moment nowhere to be found on the ANR website's Monday flight details....
Dept:
VO101 7:00 LONDON CITY
VO131 7:05 MUNICH
VO141 7:25 ZURICH
VO103 10:10 LONDON CITY
VO171 11:40 ABERDEEN
VO163 13:50 BIRMINGHAM
VO137 17:30 MUNICH
VO109 17:50 LONDON CITY
VO147 18:00 ZURICH
Arr:
VO102 9:35 LONDON CITY
VO142 11:10 ZURICH
VO132 11:15 MUNICH
VO104 12:50 LONDON CITY
VO172 16:10 ABERDEEN
VO164 17:30 BIRMINGHAM
seems we've lost VO110...
VO138 21:30 MUNICH
VO148 21:45 ZURICH
The Cologne/ rostock flight is also missing, they posted a correct departure board on their facebook today.
Attachments
ab.PNG

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33288
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by sn26567 » 04 Jun 2018, 09:34

When they write London they should really specify which airport in London!
André
ex Sabena #26567

koninckske
Posts: 123
Joined: 25 Mar 2004, 00:00

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by koninckske » 06 Jun 2018, 11:15

TRAFFIC FIGURES MAY 2018
Comparison between May 2018 and May 2017

Passengers
32,129 in May 2018 compared to 25,762 in May 2017 (+24.7%)

Movements
4,573 in May 2018 compared to 3,672 in May 2017 (+24.5%)

Freights/tons
260 ton in May 2018 compared to 220 tons in May 2017 (+18.2%)

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 933
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by CTBke » 06 Jun 2018, 11:34

sn26567 wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 09:34
When they write London they should really specify which airport in London!
on there website they specify LCY ;)
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10136
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by luchtzak » 06 Jun 2018, 11:44

Thanks Koninckske for the update!

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5356
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Passenger » 14 Jun 2018, 18:58

In Dutch only: Marcel Buelens in "Made in Antwerpen" on regional tv ATV, 10th June 2018:

https://atv.be/programmas/made-in-antwe ... juni-60918

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5356
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Passenger » 24 Jun 2018, 00:52

There was protest against Antwerp Airport on Saturday ("geen uitbreiding" - no runway extension):
https://atv.be/nieuws/meer-dan-200-buur ... aven-61464

At Amsterdam, there was also a protest, but then more in general against aviation:
https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/226829/A ... e-economie

VLM_Antwerp
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 13:42

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by VLM_Antwerp » 25 Jun 2018, 09:14

Passenger wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 00:52
There was protest against Antwerp Airport on Saturday ("geen uitbreiding" - no runway extension):
https://atv.be/nieuws/meer-dan-200-buur ... aven-61464

At Amsterdam, there was also a protest, but then more in general against aviation:
https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/226829/A ... e-economie
Funny fact: "They protest against runway extensions, which is not even on the table at Antwerp." :lol:

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5356
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Passenger » 25 Jun 2018, 09:35

VLM_Antwerp wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 09:14
Passenger wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 00:52
There was protest against Antwerp Airport on Saturday ("geen uitbreiding" - no runway extension):
https://atv.be/nieuws/meer-dan-200-buur ... aven-61464
Funny fact: "They protest against runway extensions, which is not even on the table at Antwerp."
There is a plan to move the tresholds 15 meters, from Vosstraat Deurne towards Borsbeek. Aim: to create a bit more distance between the runway and that Vosstraat. The protesters from Borsbeek object to this "runway extension of 15 meters"...

VLM_Antwerp
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 13:42

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by VLM_Antwerp » 25 Jun 2018, 11:18

Passenger wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 09:35
VLM_Antwerp wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 09:14
Passenger wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 00:52
There was protest against Antwerp Airport on Saturday ("geen uitbreiding" - no runway extension):
https://atv.be/nieuws/meer-dan-200-buur ... aven-61464
Funny fact: "They protest against runway extensions, which is not even on the table at Antwerp."
There is a plan to move the tresholds 15 meters, from Vosstraat Deurne towards Borsbeek. Aim: to create a bit more distance between the runway and that Vosstraat. The protesters from Borsbeek object to this "runway extension of 15 meters"...
I know. I just wanted to make a point that they always protest against everything, but most of the time they don't even know the truth or the facts. :p

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1215
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by KriVa » 25 Jun 2018, 11:31

I still don’t get their point. If the threshold is moved, the runway becomes shorter for arriving traffic, and stays the same for departing traffic for RWY 11. There is no runway extension foreseen in any scenario.
Thomas

ironspan
Posts: 60
Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 10:03
Location: Antwerp

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by ironspan » 25 Jun 2018, 12:57

The fact is that:
- we are close to municipal elections next October
- Groen! is orchestrating this, trying to get more votes in the ‘battle’ for Antwerp
- it is easier to tell some ‘lies’ to scare the neighborhood, than to tell the truth (moving threshold by 15m)
- both ATV and Gazet van Antwerpen (or should I say ‘tegen’ Antwerpen) have been infiltrated for years by the green boys; just look at the GVA-articles this weekend against the airline industry —> we should all travel by train (I wonder where the electricity comes from to drive the trains or how many subsidies we pay to the NMBS every year?), and completely cap the growth of the airliners (they used a picture of an SN Airbus) or make travel much more expensive
- it is always surprising that these media never give a balanced view on things: on Saturday, when 200 persons (counting also the small children) were protesting, TuiFly had 8 legs from/to ANR, approx 800 pax, on Sunday the same and complemented by an almost full FlyBe..., these ~1.700 persons were not interviewed...
- unfortunately the public relation activities of ANR are not great; for example, immediately there should have been a press release issued with the correct information; but no reaction till now

I already gave up on ATV and GVA, it will get worse when the elections will get closer.
What is more disturbing however, is the silence of the airport authorities or the airline industry to counteract this fake news...

jan_olieslagers
Posts: 2539
Joined: 24 Jun 2006, 08:34
Location: Vl.Brabant
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by jan_olieslagers » 25 Jun 2018, 14:18

unfortunately the public relation activities of ANR are not great
That is a sad truth, and has been for many many years.
I already gave up on ATV and GVA
For those frantically searching the www: these are not IATA codes, they stand for local media "Antwerpse TeleVisie" (or some such) and "Gazet Van Antwerpen".

ostair
Posts: 218
Joined: 19 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: ostend

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by ostair » 25 Jun 2018, 21:05

jan_olieslagers wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 14:18
unfortunately the public relation activities of ANR are not great
That is a sad truth, and has been for many many years.

Correct, who is in charge?
The same person who said let the airlines come to us, we won't go and search them. :o
Last edited by ostair on 27 Jun 2018, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5356
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Passenger » 25 Jun 2018, 21:28

Journalists don't have time anymore to investigate: there's a budget cut all over. The news desks at all newspapers and tv stations thus accept every news item that someone offers them. This time, it was delivered by protesters. Next time, it will be delivered by Antwerp Airport: when there is a new route, or a new building to be opened, or a fly-inn. Of course we don't like it when we see nimby's protesting against the runway move/extension, 15 meters more towards Borsbeek. But when a new route is announced, those nimby's are furious because ATV didn't asked them what they think about new routes (= more noise, more pollution). Example:
https://atv.be/nieuws/3-nieuwe-bestemmi ... rp-airport

Regarding Marcel Buelens: the contract Egis-Flemish government states that Antwerp Airport mainly is a business airport. So when TUI would like to post 10 738's at Antwerp, Marcel Buelens will have to refuse that.

ironspan
Posts: 60
Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 10:03
Location: Antwerp

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by ironspan » 26 Jun 2018, 11:03

To: passenger
1. The article in the Gazet van Antwerpen on the growing airline industry and its impact on the environment, was written with the intention to harm the industry, it was not a ‘fait divers’ which ended on the desk of the journalist
2. The coverage of the 200 protesters is far more extensive than any other protest action, look at the number of pictures, close-ups of the pamflets, boards; and they copied the claims of the protesters (ANR becoming a second Charleroi!) without adding any comments or verification (= scare people who live nearby); again this was orchestrated, not news that was received on their desk
3. Apparently you know what is mentioned in the LEM/LOM contract (I do not), but also on Saturday there was an article on the LEM/LOM set-up in the same newspaper, stating that the contract was never submitted for approval to the EU; they specifically elaborated the ANR case, and did not mention OST; again aiming to attack Minister Weyts and the airport authorities
Conclusion: this has nothing to do with journalists budgets, everyone who reads the GVA on a regular base knows that this newspaper is strongly linked to the ‘green’-party (same goes for their coverage of the Oosterweel saga...); that is why many people from Antwerpen call it the Gazet ‘tegen’ Antwerpen...

Two more points:
- let us stop mentioning the word ‘extension’ when it concerns the 15meters; it is NOT!; the threshold will be moved to comply with min RESA conditions; the total runway length will remain the same
- TUI will never station 10 738, or even 1; the runway is too short to operate flights with max loads/range, but they could use an 738 occasionally to replace an EMB190 (120pax) —> like today, OO-JVA is AOG with a technical, pax flying to/from BRU with a 738...

Post Reply