2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team


Shengenzone
Posts: 285
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 16:59

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Shengenzone » 04 Jan 2018, 15:38

Flybe is running a promotion today. (for tickets from march till beginning of june)

Antwerp to southend and back for 40 euro.
Antwerp to Dublin (via southend) and back for 43 euro.

Not Real
Posts: 40
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Not Real » 04 Jan 2018, 22:29

Will it work? Next route to London and without any promotion of the airport in the city or in the regio. :|
Last edited by Not Real on 11 Jan 2018, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

crew1990
Posts: 1053
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by crew1990 » 05 Jan 2018, 02:41

This is an English speaking (writing) forum dear...

And to me it will not work, Dublin is served with a direct cheap flight from Brussels with is in the same catchment area.

About London Southend, well, there is already a flight to London City with is more convenient.

koninckske
Posts: 129
Joined: 25 Mar 2004, 00:00

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by koninckske » 05 Jan 2018, 08:54

Some VLM promotions at the moment (travel from 4 Feb 2018):
ZRH 118 EUR return, LCY 158 EUR return.

Will the Stobart (operated as Flybe) route to London Southend work?
YES, because
1) There is no low cost competition from Belgium to London by air.
2) Eurostar is more expensive as well.
3) VLM is aiming at business passengers and will never be an option for an average tourist. (normal minimum fare of 209 eur return)
4) Even buses (Flixbus and Eurolines) are most of the times more expensive.
5) Ryanair flies more than 275 000 passengers to London from Eindhoven
NO, because
1) only 4 times weekly (1*3*5*7)
2) no advertising

AAI
Posts: 147
Joined: 28 Sep 2013, 14:35

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by AAI » 05 Jan 2018, 09:24

they need a daily flight!

User avatar
quixoticguide
Posts: 1649
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 18:41
Location: Pyongyang, DPRK
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by quixoticguide » 05 Jan 2018, 10:25

I'm onboard the inaugual flight from ANR to SEN!
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33633
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by sn26567 » 05 Jan 2018, 11:35

quixoticguide wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 10:25
I'm onboard the inaugual flight from ANR to SEN!
And what is the load factor?
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
quixoticguide
Posts: 1649
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 18:41
Location: Pyongyang, DPRK
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by quixoticguide » 05 Jan 2018, 11:40

sn26567 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:35
quixoticguide wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 10:25
I'm onboard the inaugual flight from ANR to SEN!
And what is the load factor?
I will let you know on 25 March
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

User avatar
Ozzie1969
Posts: 678
Joined: 03 Sep 2004, 00:00
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines
Contact:

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Ozzie1969 » 07 Jan 2018, 17:19

quixoticguide wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:40
sn26567 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:35
quixoticguide wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 10:25
I'm onboard the inaugual flight from ANR to SEN!
And what is the load factor?
I will let you know on 25 March
:lol:

PttU
Posts: 200
Joined: 24 Nov 2015, 15:07

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by PttU » 10 Jan 2018, 16:39

crew1990 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 02:41
And to me it will not work, Dublin is served with a direct cheap flight from Brussels with is in the same catchment area.
They're flying ANR-SEN and SEN-DUB anyways, and as the arrival and departure timing match they can market is as a ANR-DUB flight, so to me it seems there's hardly any extra cost, mainly extra potential, what makes you believe it wouldn't work?

Not Real
Posts: 40
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Not Real » 11 Jan 2018, 16:09

sn26567 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:35
quixoticguide wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 10:25
I'm onboard the inaugual flight from ANR to SEN!
And what is the load factor?
I flew VLM to LCY on 3rd of January (evening flight, departing at 17.50). 21 passengers. Not many, almost 50% of the capacity of the aircraft, but it seems it is ok for the airline if they open new routes. However, VLM needs a big promotion in the regio (and Antwerp Airport as well!)! I know they are aiming business passengers, but look the results: 21/50. Why do not try to catch all the rest?

BTW. I flew VLM because I like flying and testing new airlines and without any reclame only people like me will fly VLM. That's pity! The airline will be bankrupt by the end of the year if they don't change it... :roll:

Sai
Posts: 186
Joined: 31 Mar 2012, 22:35

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Sai » 23 Jan 2018, 13:42

"In the next 3 to 5 years we also want to build a departure hall that is almost 3 times as large as the current one. A 3-star hotel will be built on top of that departure hall.
The plans still have to be approved by the City of Antwerp."

Source: GVA

Anyone more info or renders/images of the plans?

ostair
Posts: 231
Joined: 19 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: ostend

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by ostair » 24 Jan 2018, 00:32

A eventshall to be build later this year.

Not Real
Posts: 40
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 09:20

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Not Real » 24 Jan 2018, 10:33

Sai wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 13:42
"In the next 3 to 5 years we also want to build a departure hall that is almost 3 times as large as the current one. A 3-star hotel will be built on top of that departure hall.
The plans still have to be approved by the City of Antwerp."

Source: GVA

Anyone more info or renders/images of the plans?
It would be fantastic! ;)

Passenger
Posts: 5560
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Passenger » 31 Jan 2018, 23:31

On Tuesday 30th January, 2 TUI flights out of Antwerp to Alicante and Nador (and the 2 return flights) all had a delay of about 1,5 hours. The delays were caused by the delay of the first flight Antwerp-Alicante:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-jva

Reason: the combi or truck with the catering for the crew from the first flight ANR-ALC had a breakdown on the way to the airport. The driver apparently announced a delay of 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, but it finally became 1,5 hours...

http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20180130_03330 ... t-in-panne

User avatar
Konus
Posts: 216
Joined: 02 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Kontich, Belgium

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Konus » 01 Feb 2018, 16:42

Are we really in 2018 ?

Shengenzone
Posts: 285
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 16:59

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Shengenzone » 01 Feb 2018, 18:41

Annick De Ridder commented on Antwerp airport growth.
https://www.facebook.com/annick.deridde ... 962766054/

saratoga
Posts: 189
Joined: 04 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by saratoga » 01 Feb 2018, 19:21

Somehow it is all giving me a mixed feeling. Face it, the routes that VLM is about to start was already tried in an earlier stage without succes. FLYBE, BMI and other operators,they all came and left very soon. I guess they must have their reasons. TUI is not adding a lot to it. Even the BELAIR restaurant is complaining about the reduced amount visitors.
And now they want to expand with a new terminal, build a hotel with +ish rooms, conference rooms etc??? Parking is now being paid as well. And there is basically no interest from operators to come to ANR. I can simply not believe this is going to work.
I must admit many years ago i also believed there was potential for scheduled flights, BUT THERE ISN’T!! Lets face it, it has been tried so many times.
Marcel, if you read this:a biz airport suits Antwerp much better. Better invest in attracting more FBO’s like Signature, Landmark, Jetex and others. Maintenance facilities for privatejets would also be welcome. More fuel suppliers and perhaps limo suppliers and jet charter companies.

Have a nice day
Saratoga.

VLM_Antwerp
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 13:42

Re: 2018 Antwerp Airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by VLM_Antwerp » 01 Feb 2018, 19:42

saratoga wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 19:21
Somehow it is all giving me a mixed feeling. Face it, the routes that VLM is about to start was already tried in an earlier stage without succes. FLYBE, BMI and other operators,they all came and left very soon. I guess they must have their reasons. TUI is not adding a lot to it. Even the BELAIR restaurant is complaining about the reduced amount visitors.
And now they want to expand with a new terminal, build a hotel with +ish rooms, conference rooms etc??? Parking is now being paid as well. And there is basically no interest from operators to come to ANR. I can simply not believe this is going to work.
I must admit many years ago i also believed there was potential for scheduled flights, BUT THERE ISN’T!! Lets face it, it has been tried so many times.
Marcel, if you read this:a biz airport suits Antwerp much better. Better invest in attracting more FBO’s like Signature, Landmark, Jetex and others. Maintenance facilities for privatejets would also be welcome. More fuel suppliers and perhaps limo suppliers and jet charter companies.

Have a nice day
Saratoga.
Please don’t try to be “interesting” without knowing what you are talking about...
Look at the facts, TUI is doing pretty well having an average loadfactor of around 90%.

Post Reply