Brussels Airport monthly traffic figures

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brabel

Re: Brussels Airport monthly traffic figures

Post by brabel »

traffic results of BRU in january 2020: 1,725,155 passengers.
up 3.7%...
No effect of Corona (yet).
long distance grew 7.4%

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Nice figures.

I think the figures for 02/2020 will also be not too bad:
1) Number of flights/seats to China from BRU is limited
2) Last year saw a drop in the figures (don't remember what happened at that time), so was special month anyway
3) There are 29 instead of 28 days in the month this time :D ... always helps

Let's hope the situation in China will normalize. Unfortunately my meetings in Hong Kong for the OGC were cancelled (would have loved to visit the city) and they are now in Ottawa instead (but my money is gone so I will not attend :cry: )

Cheers,
Danny

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

brabel wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 17:54 traffic results of BRU in january 2020: 1,725,155 passengers.
up 3.7%...
No effect of Corona (yet).
long distance grew 7.4%
It's too early. Airlines started to suspend their service, from late January 2020. Most of airlines are currently suspending their flights to China or from China (depanding the country where China Airlines can't land), at least till late March 2020.

Brussels won't be probably hardly impacted, beacuse, there a few services to China. Only Hainan Airlines serves China, from BRU.

At Paris CDG, Air France operates almost 25 flights a week to China, since they closed Canto service, few month ago.

Hainan Airlines serves 4 destinations, Air China 3 destinations (service to Chengdu is now suspended), China Eastern serves 3 destinations, Xiamen Airlines serves 1 destination and China Southern serves 1 destination.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

brabel

Post by brabel »

BRU is expecting around 650,000 passengers for the next holidays.
Pax are especially travelling in Europe.