Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
cnc
Posts: 1325
Joined: 19 May 2009, 16:14

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by cnc » 28 May 2014, 11:58

he's right no? nobody is forced to work for FR

appel
Posts: 93
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 06:07

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by appel » 28 May 2014, 12:57

Flanker2 wrote:770 pilots planning to quit out of 1100 who joined the union?
1. Don't worry, there are five times more CV's in the CAE databank of jobless pilots.
...
so no wonder it takes a team of non-FR staff to form a union.
Offcourse they don't have to worry with all those people in the CAE databank, all those low hour, no experience pilots will make great captains when they get a call from Ryanair.
The problem is not the amount of people leaving, its the amount of (potential) captains leaving.
I see daily that there is a shortage of pilots and even aircraft.
There are so many ridicules long days which there weren't before, a lot of people have to go to a different base for just a day or 2.

Maybe it takes a team of non-FR staff to LEAD (not form) a union because they have experience in unions while FR staff, as you pointed out yourself, mostly only worked for them so never been in a union.
It is also just an interim council that will be replaced by FR staff in the future.

OO-ITR
Posts: 688
Joined: 13 Aug 2011, 18:29

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by OO-ITR » 28 May 2014, 17:40

cnc wrote:he's right no? nobody is forced to work for FR
exactly and that is why 70% of the pilots wants to leave whenever they can 8-)

airazurxtror
Posts: 3789
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by airazurxtror » 28 May 2014, 19:53

The days where one worked one's entire life for the same company are over.
Nowadays, everybody is ready to change for a better job (better paid, more interesting, with better scope or else) if and when the occasion happens - in aviation same as in any other field.
Loyalty towards an employer is a thing of the past - mainly because the employees know that their employer won't hesitate to fire them if the business get bad or simply to make more profit.
Ask anybody if he/she is willing to change for a better job, 90% will say yes.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sean1982
Posts: 3170
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 » 28 May 2014, 22:02

OO-ITR wrote:
cnc wrote:he's right no? nobody is forced to work for FR
exactly and that is why 70% of the pilots wants to leave whenever they can 8-)
Sounds like 2 belgian airlines I know 8-)

UAE777
Posts: 20
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 15:31

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by UAE777 » 28 May 2014, 22:16

Belgian airlines of Ryanair, both are crap to work for really.
Having previously worked for both of them, all I can say is that the flag waving by Sean about his bank account or others about their social rights is all pretty pathetic really.
I decided to make the switch to Emirates some time ago and believe me, I haven't had any regrets yet: I have a social live which is much better than what I ever had when I flew in Belgium, and my take home salary makes Ryanair pilots look like beggars, believe me. ;)
Add to this stellar carrier opportunities vs a life of flying around the local church tower in little jets like the 737 or the A320 and it's no wonder Emirates has a waiting list filled with experienced Belgian captains willing to join them from airlines like indeed Ryanair. Believe me: MOL is going the see a real brain and skill drain in a couple of months as we speed up recruitment to staff our future expansion.

Flanker2
Posts: 1611
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 23:15

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by Flanker2 » 29 May 2014, 01:31

I'm not too worried for Ryanair.
Plenty of ab-initio's available for FO seats and plenty of eager FO's to jump up to the left seat.

The ones who need to worry are the traditional carriers.
They too have plenty of ab-initio's begging for a job, but things move much slower due to smaller training organisations, seniority lists, blablabla...
Also, widebody FO's at the traditional carriers will not wait for some captains to die or retire, if EK gives them the opportunity to bump up to an A380 or get the left seat on the same widebody.

In 20 years, the whole ME3 concept will crumble IMO, resulting in a reverse-exodus.
So definitely enjoy while it lasts and make sure you build a retirement plan parallel to the ones offered by EK, because you never know when those things disappear.

In the meanwhile, EK seem to be facing more serious issues in the technical department..
http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-397944.html
http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-460226.html (here you see what kind of mechanics they attract)

OO-ITR
Posts: 688
Joined: 13 Aug 2011, 18:29

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by OO-ITR » 29 May 2014, 05:43

sean1982 wrote:
OO-ITR wrote:
cnc wrote:he's right no? nobody is forced to work for FR
exactly and that is why 70% of the pilots wants to leave whenever they can 8-)
Sounds like 2 belgian airlines I know 8-)
Oh didn't know you performed a survey yourself for those two belgian airlines ;)
Please share the results...

sean1982
Posts: 3170
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 » 29 May 2014, 09:20

No survey, loads of friends ... (The strike was for pleasure last year?)

Uae777, you're post couldnt have been more pathetic :D sounds like you feel like THE man locked down there in your golden desert cage :D for some reason I dont need to compensate anything with urge of flying the biggest jets in the world on boring 16hr flights. Im pretty pleased with my 737.

Im also happy that I live in a country where I dont have to watch out for some crazy muslim law, surrounded by a lot of family and friends (real friends, not superficial "I sat by the L6 door today we must be friends now" type) on a stable roster where I can work my days off out a year in advance and in my own house with my own car!

So enjoy your 50C summer, with sandstorms that blow the sand into your underwear. Enjoy your company appartment "big brother style". Enjoy your compensating big jets and enjoy your bank account "that makes us look like beggars" because I'm very happy and I couldnt give a shit about all of it :D

rhigginson
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 22:34

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by rhigginson » 29 May 2014, 10:05

sean1982 wrote:No survey, loads of friends ... (The strike was for pleasure last year?)

Uae777, you're post couldnt have been more pathetic :D sounds like you feel like THE man locked down there in your golden desert cage :D for some reason I dont need to compensate anything with urge of flying the biggest jets in the world on boring 16hr flights. Im pretty pleased with my 737.

Im also happy that I live in a country where I dont have to watch out for some crazy muslim law, surrounded by a lot of family and friends (real friends, not superficial "I sat by the L6 door today we must be friends now" type) on a stable roster where I can work my days off out a year in advance and in my own house with my own car!

So enjoy your 50C summer, with sandstorms that blow the sand into your underwear. Enjoy your company appartment "big brother style". Enjoy your compensating big jets and enjoy your bank account "that makes us look like beggars" because I'm very happy and I couldnt give a shit about all of it :D
This is a place to discuss Ryanair, not to make rude remarks to others on the grounds of where they are from.

sean1982
Posts: 3170
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 » 29 May 2014, 10:15

Right ... So he can call me pathetic and just have to sit it out? Aint gonna happen
And in case you didnt notice, it is about FR

rhigginson
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 22:34

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by rhigginson » 29 May 2014, 10:55

My unreserved apology; when you referred to "Muslim" law, I failed to at first see the, now obvious, undertone of your comment that you were referring to the previously mentioned right to strike and when you referred to sand that gets into a person's underwear, I failed to take heed of your underlying reference to the previous discussion as to whether Ryanair is moving away from its ULCC structure.
Like I said, my bad..

Let's not anyone call anyone names, yeah? Then we can all have a sensible discussion and exchange ideas and points of view.

I for one would be interested to know if anyone has ideas of where Ryanair may next add capacity when it has new planes? Treviso, Gothenburg City and Tampere would be some guesses from me.

Malaysia
Posts: 379
Joined: 22 Feb 2007, 17:49
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by Malaysia » 29 May 2014, 13:30

And I am quite sure you should watch your tone, some crazy muslim law? Let them do what they want, how about that? If you prefer Ryanair over a middle eastern airline you know something is wrong with yourself.

Also no offense but you do lack respect.

Air Key West
Posts: 1113
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 20:51
Location: BRU

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by Air Key West » 29 May 2014, 13:33

On a forum (just like in society) there are a number of wirtten and unwritten rules to abide. Unfortuntely, I must say, Dear Sean, that you are one of the members infringing most regularly those unwritten rules of good behavior. But to comeback to the topic : if there is one thing you have convinced me of through your posts, it is to avoid FR whenever I can, because I don't want to have you as a f/a or purser on my flight. I don't understand how you made it as af/a, perhaps purser (sorry, I don'tremember) AND trainer. With your bad temper and arrogance, FR would probably be the only airline to recruit you. You and MOL are birds of a feather.I have shown a lot of restraint towards you, but your lasts posts really are the straw that breaks the camel's back (sorry, if you don't like Arabic references), but in English you usually don't say the drop of water that makes the vase/bucket overflow.
In favor of quality air travel.

sean1982
Posts: 3170
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 » 29 May 2014, 18:20

Wheter you fly FR or not is beside the point. I have nothing against muslims at all. I just do not want to live in a country where it would be against the law or even punishable by death to be with my partner. (I think that is what "malaysia" means with "something is wrong with you. Talk about respect) That's the only point I wanted to make.

Your post only shows you didnt read the context in which I write it and extreme narrowmindedness

Respect is something you need to earn btw, something a lot of people on here lack.

And lastly I couldnt care less about what an anonymous person has to say about me as frankly you dont know me at all

Passenger
Posts: 6357
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by Passenger » 30 May 2014, 12:18

sean1982 wrote:Wheter you fly FR or not is beside the point. I have nothing against muslims at all. I just do not want to live in a country where it would be against the law or even punishable by death to be with my partner. (I think that is what "malaysia" means with "something is wrong with you. Talk about respect) That's the only point I wanted to make. Your post only shows you didnt read the context in which I write it and extreme narrowmindedness
OK, we've got the message: those who disagree with you are extremely narrowminded.
sean1982 wrote:Respect is something you need to earn btw, something a lot of people on here lack.
Reminds me to that ghost rider, totally drunk on the E40. He hears on the radio "attention everybody on the E40 right now, there is a ghost rider between Brussels and Leuven". The guy looks outside and he mumbles: "one ghost rider? They are all ghost riding here!".
sean1982 wrote:And lastly I couldnt care less about what an anonymous person has to say about me as frankly you dont know me at all
Actually, anonymity here is necessary, given the fact that you have threated to knock me on the face because I disagree with you on Ryanair.

sean1982
Posts: 3170
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 » 30 May 2014, 19:06

No, because you insulted me personally. Big difference

airazurxtror
Posts: 3789
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by airazurxtror » 05 Jun 2014, 10:54

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/passe ... ?market=ie

Ryanair today (4 June) released May traffic statistics as follows:
• Traffic grew by 300,000 to 8.2m customers (up 4%)
• Load factor increased 3 points from 82% to 85%.
• Annual traffic rose to a record 82.3m customers (up 3%).
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35740
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sn26567 » 05 Jun 2014, 20:25

It look s like this one (EI-DLI) is not going to fly for some time:

Image

A report on Facebook is saying that the aircraft rolled into an adjacent building in Rome Ciampino, causing significant damage to the horizontal stabiliser.

It is understood that there was no one on board at the time and no injuries have been reported.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror
Posts: 3789
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by airazurxtror » 05 Jun 2014, 20:33

Secondo quanto si è appreso, l’aereo, senza nessun passeggero all’interno, era stato lasciato parcheggiato in una piazzola di sosta. A causa dell’agitazione improvvisa dei lavoratori di Groundcare il velivolo non sarebbe stato lasciato in sicurezza, con i cosiddetti tacchi sotto gli pneumatici che normalmente mantengono bloccato il mezzo. L’aereo, probabilmente a causa del vento e del dislivello del terreno, si è spostato all’indietro, fino ad andare ad urtare con la coda contro l’edificio dei Vigili del fuoco.

There was chaos at Ciampino because of the strike at Groundcare and they apparently forgot to put the blocks when they parked the aircraft away. With the wind and the ground being in light slope, the aircraft backed into a fire station.
A picture here :
http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/cronache/ ... 24929.html
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Post Reply