Bombardier CSeries / Airbus A220 news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 17 Oct 2017, 10:29

MD-11forever wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 09:13
Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier's C Series in New Challenge to Boeing
Building the C Series for the US market in the Airbus plant in Alabama: a nice way to circumvent the outrageous 300% duties slapped by the Trump administration on Canadian aircraft. Boeing must be happy :?
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
MD-11forever
Posts: 197
Joined: 21 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: Molenstede
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by MD-11forever » 02 Nov 2017, 14:25

And finally some good news for the C-series: a LoI for 31 aircraft and 30 options from a European airline. I wonder who that will be.

Along with its third quarter results, Bombardier announced that a European customer has signed a letter of intent (LOI) for up to 61 C Series, including 31 firm aircraft and options for an additional 30 aircraft. The LOI is subject to the execution of a purchase agreement which is expected before year end. Based on the list price, a firm order would be valued at approximately $2.4 billion. This amount would increase to nearly $4.8 billion should all 30 options be exercised.

“This significant new order confirms the increasing confidence customers have in the C Series,” said Bellemare. “Looking forward, as Airbus joins the program, and with the C Series continuing to prove itself in service, we expect sales momentum to accelerate quickly.”


http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/news ... ercom.html

User avatar
skumfiduse
Posts: 196
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 18:42
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by skumfiduse » 02 Nov 2017, 15:47

MD-11forever wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 14:25
And finally some good news for the C-series: a LoI for 31 aircraft and 30 options from a European airline. I wonder who that will be.

Along with its third quarter results, Bombardier announced that a European customer has signed a letter of intent (LOI) for up to 61 C Series, including 31 firm aircraft and options for an additional 30 aircraft. The LOI is subject to the execution of a purchase agreement which is expected before year end. Based on the list price, a firm order would be valued at approximately $2.4 billion. This amount would increase to nearly $4.8 billion should all 30 options be exercised.

“This significant new order confirms the increasing confidence customers have in the C Series,” said Bellemare. “Looking forward, as Airbus joins the program, and with the C Series continuing to prove itself in service, we expect sales momentum to accelerate quickly.”


http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/news ... ercom.html
Given the number of aircraft, we're looking at IAG, Lufthansa or Air France-KLM :)

Here are my thoughts:

Iberia-Air Nostrum could replace their CRJ900 for C-Series
British Airways has a regional Embraer-fleet
Vueling, Aer Lingus? I don't know

Lufthansa then. Either they look for a regional fleet at Austrian or want to develop another Lufthansa Regional/Cityline model. Let's go crazy: allocate a few C-Series to the Eurowings Group.

Air France-KLM have currently chosen for Embraer as well. I don't see them switch to Bombardier. You never know, though.
Alitalia perhaps?

Or one of Europe's low-cost carriers?

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 02 Nov 2017, 15:59

Isn't the CSeries too comfortable for low-cost airlines? It has roomy seats with a good legroom. OK, the legroom can be reduced, but not their width.

On other news, Bombardier says engine delivery delays will impact CSeries programme, with 20-22 deliveries now expected for 2017. The company entered into a LOI whereby Pratt & Whitney (US) agreed to support excess inventory generated by engine delays by providing a supplier advance starting in 4Q 2017.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger
Posts: 5488
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by Passenger » 04 Nov 2017, 15:14

MD-11forever wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 14:25
And finally some good news for the C-series: a LoI for 31 aircraft and 30 options from a European airline. I wonder who that will be.

Along with its third quarter results, Bombardier announced that a European customer has signed a letter of intent (LOI) for up to 61 C Series, including 31 firm aircraft and options for an additional 30 aircraft. The LOI is subject to the execution of a purchase agreement which is expected before year end. Based on the list price, a firm order would be valued at approximately $2.4 billion. This amount would increase to nearly $4.8 billion should all 30 options be exercised. “This significant new order confirms the increasing confidence customers have in the C Series,” said Bellemare. “Looking forward, as Airbus joins the program, and with the C Series continuing to prove itself in service, we expect sales momentum to accelerate quickly.”
http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/news ... ercom.html
Are we sure this "European customer" is an airline, and not a Europe-based lease company?

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 06 Nov 2017, 15:43

Boeing passed on the acquisition of the CSeries programme, as it was reportedly offered the same deal that Bombardier eventually gave Airbus. Ooch, it hurts!
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 13 Nov 2017, 18:28

AirBaltic (Latvia) aims to move to an exclusive CSeries fleet with its intention to acquire at least another 14 CS300s.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
MD-11forever
Posts: 197
Joined: 21 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: Molenstede
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by MD-11forever » 14 Nov 2017, 16:28

And more good news for the C-Series: EgyptAir buys 12 CS300 aircraft with options for 12 more.

Bombardier Lands Second C Series Win After Airbus Backs Jet
(Bloomberg) -- Bombardier Inc. is closing in on the second deal for its C Series jet since reaching a landmark agreement with Airbus SE a few weeks ago that will see the European planemaker take control of the program to help revive the plane’s fortunes. EgyptAir Airlines Co. plans to buy 12 of Bombardier’s CS300, the biggest variant of the narrow-body jet, and has options for a further 12, the carrier said Tuesday at the Dubai Air Show. The deal is valued at $1.1 billion before discounts.
The accord is a significant win for Bombardier, which gains another customer for its new jet less than a month after the company agreed to cede control of the C Series to Airbus in exchange for the European planemaker’s marketing heft, manufacturing expertise and financial muscle. Bombardier expects to turn EgyptAir’s letter of intent into a firm order by the end of 2017.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 14 Nov 2017, 19:04

MD-11forever wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 16:28
And more good news for the C-Series: EgyptAir buys 12 CS300 aircraft with options for 12 more.

Bombardier Lands Second C Series Win After Airbus Backs Jet
(Bloomberg) -- Bombardier Inc. is closing in on the second deal for its C Series jet since reaching a landmark agreement with Airbus SE a few weeks ago that will see the European planemaker take control of the program to help revive the plane’s fortunes. EgyptAir Airlines Co. plans to buy 12 of Bombardier’s CS300, the biggest variant of the narrow-body jet, and has options for a further 12, the carrier said Tuesday at the Dubai Air Show. The deal is valued at $1.1 billion before discounts.
The accord is a significant win for Bombardier, which gains another customer for its new jet less than a month after the company agreed to cede control of the C Series to Airbus in exchange for the European planemaker’s marketing heft, manufacturing expertise and financial muscle. Bombardier expects to turn EgyptAir’s letter of intent into a firm order by the end of 2017.
More details: http://www.aviation24.be/airlines/egypt ... -aircraft/
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair
Posts: 1530
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by convair » 14 Nov 2017, 20:49

With Airbus now involved, airlines obviously feel more confident about the future of the C Series program.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 17 Nov 2017, 15:47

Boeing isn’t buying Bombardier assurances that it will build an assembly line in Alabama under a partnership with Airbus on the CSeries. Plans for the new facility, which would probably be located next to an existing Airbus plant in Mobile, “would make no economic sense”, says Boeing.

Unless the whole CSeries assembly line is moved to Alabama?

Anyway, Bombardier CEO Alain Bellemare is convinced that he is going to see much better sales moving forward as he fielded upbeat calls from some large airlines – including Airbus customers – hours after a large recent CSeries deal.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 05 Dec 2017, 22:34

Air Arabia (UAE) confirms its interest in deploying the CSeries aircraft from its North African hubs in Egypt and Morocco. Talks with other manufacturers are ongoing, with commitments for “around 100 aircraft” expected to be placed by early 2018.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 16 Dec 2017, 18:18

Bombardier hopes to deliver 40 CSeries in 2018, and to grow global revenue to US$17.5 billion.

Bombardier workers in Canada and Northern Ireland had a “positive meeting” with CEO Alain Bellemare to discuss the ongoing trade issue with Boeing involving CSeries planes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 04 Jan 2018, 20:37

Bombardier delivered 17 CSeries jets in 2017, missing its latest target of 20 to 22 planes, but is confident it can achieve its 2018 target of 40 deliveries.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 11 Jan 2018, 23:10

Canada launched a wide-ranging trade complaint with the World Trade Organisation against the US, in a dispute that began with dumping claims by the US over Canadian commercial aircraft.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 29 Jan 2018, 22:08

Bombardier wins in its ongoing trade dispute with Boeing, as the US International Trade Commission voted unanimously that Boeing was not harmed by Bombardier and its all-new C Series jet.

http://www.aviation24.be/manufacturers/ ... -aircraft/

Airbus pledged to push ahead at “full throttle” with plans for a new assembly line in Alabama for the CS300, following what he called a “hands down” legal win for Bombardier against Boeing.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 19 Mar 2018, 23:37

Airbus could finalise its deal to take a controlling stake in the C Series jetliner programme by summer 2018, as antitrust approval is likely to come earlier than expected
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 26 Mar 2018, 22:07

sn26567 wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 22:08
Bombardier wins in its ongoing trade dispute with Boeing, as the US International Trade Commission voted unanimously that Boeing was not harmed by Bombardier and its all-new C Series jet.

http://www.aviation24.be/manufacturers/ ... -aircraft/

Airbus pledged to push ahead at “full throttle” with plans for a new assembly line in Alabama for the CS300, following what he called a “hands down” legal win for Bombardier against Boeing.
Boeing will not appeal against the US trade commission ruling that allows Bombardier to sell CSeries to US airlines without heavy duties.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33523
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by sn26567 » 27 Apr 2018, 11:03

Airbus and Bombardier aim to close a deal giving the former a majority stake in the latter’s CSeries programme by end May 2018, ahead of an initial timetable.

And then...

Airbus plans to rebrand the CSeries as the A210 and A230 under the “A200" family. Other names are under consideration as well.
cs100_cs300.jpeg
André
ex Sabena #26567

Duke
Posts: 228
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: Bombardier CSeries news

Post by Duke » 28 Apr 2018, 10:26

I think ABC-100 and ABC-300 would sound good and keep the history of the plane and the constructor...
A(irbus) by B(ombardier) C(Series) 100 and 300...
Just my two cents...

Regards,

Duke

Post Reply