Alitalia saved by the Government and reborn as ITA Airways

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Alitalia near bankruptcy. Can it be saved?

Post by Conti764 »

So… Alitalia would be allowed to retain its brand name, FCO hub and maintain independence and FCO would be 'integrated with the other LH hubs FRA, MUC, ZRH and VIE'.

Why the difference? Is AZ performing better than SN was? Doubt it. Is Rome a higher yielding market then Brussels? Very much doubt it.

So why oh whey the hostile approach towards SN and BRU and the velvet gloves for any other potential acquisition? Has Spohr ever lost a highschool girlfriend to some Belgian?

PttU

Post by PttU »

Right now it's about acquiring Alitalia. Once that deal is sold, there's plenty of time to change your opinion and give them (and FCO) the same treatment as SN/BRU...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

LH means probably they might keep an 'italian' touch... spaghettiwings... :)

No thx... SN gone is enough for me let Delta deal with the Lega and 5* :p
Hope they will be smarter then our politicians...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Ansett wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 05:05 Sorry for the «broken record» : for those who were still in two minds, my «broken record» says : if you are not bound by a corporate travel policy, don't fly any of the LH Group airlines anymore, be it for business or leisure, and don't fly via Spohr's declared hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE and FCO ???) and try to convince your relatives, friends and acquaintances to do the same 😉
If you think that will help any of the thousands of Belgian employees of the LH group whatsoever, now or in the future or on another matter the future connectivity via Brussels, be my guest... :roll:
Luckiky I'm quite confident there is still a huge difference between the market and its aviation enthusiasts, without trying to be denigrating whatsoever about the latter as I belong to that group myself.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

RoMax wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 07:20
Ansett wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 05:05 Sorry for the «broken record» : for those who were still in two minds, my «broken record» says : if you are not bound by a corporate travel policy, don't fly any of the LH Group airlines anymore, be it for business or leisure, and don't fly via Spohr's declared hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE and FCO ???) and try to convince your relatives, friends and acquaintances to do the same 😉
If you think that will help any of the thousands of Belgian employees of the LH group whatsoever, now or in the future or on another matter the future connectivity via Brussels, be my guest... :roll:
Luckiky I'm quite confident there is still a huge difference between the market and its aviation enthusiasts, without trying to be denigrating whatsoever about the latter as I belong to that group myself.
Don't worry, RoMax. There are a lot of people working with a competitor airline here, and they love to post stuff like that. "Try to convince relatives, friends and acquaintances not to fly via FRA"??? Quite funny, actually.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Delta Airlines plans to spend US$200 million for a 20% stake in Alitalia, with Air France KLM looking for a 20% stake as well, and if the Ferrovie dello Stato converts the bridge loan of €900 million into Alitalia shares, the Italian government could enter with a 15% stake in Alitalia.

That doesn't leave a lot of room for a majority stake of LH...
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

I hope the saga goes on for months/years; it's too good to be discontinued now! Any volunteer to number the episodes? :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Alitalia saga, next episode: Delta Air Lines is considering a move for Alitalia in partnership with easyJet, as Air France/KLM is understood to have backed away from an investment.

Lufthansa is reportedly monitoring the situation closely, ready to jump in at the first opportunity.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

A claim from APFL (Aircraft Purchase Fleet Ltd) against Alitalia of 260,000,000 USD has been rejected by the British High Court (Business and Property Courts):

Summary:
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/upl ... ummary.pdf

Full verdict:
http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cg ... /3315.html

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

EasyJet confirms that it is in discussions with Ferrovie dello Stato (Italian Railway company) and Delta Air Lines about forming a consortium to explore options for the future operations of Alitalia.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Italian government has not yet decided how much of a stake it will take in Alitalia, which is currently under special administration as commissioners seek a buyer. The government could take a more than 15% share.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acquiring a part of Alitalia doesn't come cheap! Delta Air Lines and easyJet may invest as much as €400 million to revamp Alitalia, according to people familiar with an initial draft of the plan. Investors in a group led by Ferrovie dello Stato are evaluating the financial needs of the “new Alitalia”.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In the never-ending Alitalia soap opera, easyJet has pulled out of a consortium contemplating a bid for bankrupt Italian carrier Alitalia, just over a month after confirming its involvement in the process. But EasyJet remains committed to Italy.

Delta Airlines remains interested and would begin with a 10% stake in Alitalia , should it win the bid, with its doubling to 20% by the end of the four-year plan.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ferrovie dello Stato says its business plan for Alitalia will definitely be presented before end April 2019.

After the Airbus, the Airtrain?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 19:05 Ferrovie dello Stato says its business plan for Alitalia will definitely be presented before end April 2019.

After the Airbus, the Airtrain?
Italy is in early talks with public shipbuilder Fincantieri to know if it is interested in investing in Alitalia.

After the Airtrain, the Airboat?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ferrovie dello Stato is like its trains: late! Alitalia commissioners are putting pressure on Ferrovie dello Stato to present a rescue plan for the troubled airline but are willing to allow it more time. Patience...
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I now quit well the trains in Italy and they running good not like here.....!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 07:57 I now quit well the trains in Italy and they running good not like here.....!
Yep, we know from several posts from you that Belgium really is a third world country. You already told us we have a poor flag carrier with old and dirty aircraft (including the A333's who have recently joined the fleet), poor national airport, ... So quite obvious, our railway system sucks too. And that Diabolo tunnel to the airport: nobody understands why Belgium was able to build such an efficient thing.

Anyway: if Ferrovie dello Stato would indeed rescue Alitalia, it's just a matter of time before the EU calls it forbiden state aid.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 15:16
lumumba wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 07:57 I now quit well the trains in Italy and they running good not like here.....!
Yep, we know from several posts from you that Belgium really is a third world country. You already told us we have a poor flag carrier with old and dirty aircraft (including the A333's who have recently joined the fleet), poor national airport, ... So quite obvious, our railway system sucks too. And that Diabolo tunnel to the airport: nobody understands why Belgium was able to build such an efficient thing.

Anyway: if Ferrovie dello Stato would indeed rescue Alitalia, it's just a matter of time before the EU calls it forbiden state aid.
Hey Passenger.

No Belgium is not a third world country and if you look back to my former posts you will see that I'm critical about Brussels Airlines and Airport and only about them because I fly them and I love them.
You will also see that I posted positive posts also....
About the train company in Belgium I use them every day and yes this is quite a third country company and I'm sure most people agree with me here I even don't think there is a discussion ;)

And again the EU will not move because after the UK they will not take the risk to lose Italy the people are fed up with this ultra liberal Europe.
But this was already discussed before time will tell.
Hasta la victoria siempre.